Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Post by ultimate777 »

If you don't know what I'm talking about, use your Google, or see the movie "Cleopatra" :ebiggrin:

I think Trump is like Anthony and Cleopatra after getting back to Egypt after the battle of Actium, and Mueller is like Octavian.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Post by RickD »

You are obsessed with Trump.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:You are obsessed with Trump.
What about my Trump = Senator Armstrong comparison?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

What about my assertion that Trump is Jay Gatsby???
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

edwardmurphy wrote:What about my assertion that Trump is Jay Gatsby???
What about getting back to the origional subject of this thread?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
Yes ed,

Quit joking around, and get back to the seriousness of Trump being like Anthony and cleopatra.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

ultimate777 wrote:If you don't know what I'm talking about, use your Google, or see the movie "Cleopatra" :ebiggrin:

I think Trump is like Anthony and Cleopatra after getting back to Egypt after the battle of Actium, and Mueller is like Octavian.
Melania is a lot nicer than Cleopatra. y0:) Unless Melania is into making poisons out of spider venom.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
Yes ed,

Quit joking around, and get back to the seriousness of Trump being like Anthony and cleopatra.
You're not able to figure it out for yourself, are you? You can only contribute snide remarks, can't you?

After the battle of Actium Anthony and Cleopatra deserted their army and navy and sailed back to Egypt. Octavian took his time to get everything set up, then came and got them. Likewise Mueller will come and get Trump for colluding with Russia.

Deserting their army and navy was a real no, no to Anthony and Cleopatra's supporters, likewise colluding with Russia, when its proven to enough people's satisfaction, will energise Trump's detractors, and de-energise his supporters.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Likewise Mueller will come and get Trump for colluding with Russia
What is the point of this idle speculation. NO one has any certainty of that accusation - it's why there is a major investigation that has, after months, yet to reveal any certainty to that. So pointless! But if he did, I hope it's uncovered. But meanwhile, back at the ranch...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
Yes ed,

You're not able to figure it out for yourself, are you? You can only contribute snide remarks, can't you?

After the battle of Actium Anthony and Cleopatra deserted their army and navy and sailed back to Egypt. Octavian took his time to get everything set up, then came and got them. Likewise Mueller will come and get Trump for colluding with Russia.

Deserting their army and navy was a real no, no to Anthony and Cleopatra's supporters, likewise colluding with Russia, when its proven to enough people's satisfaction, will energise Trump's detractors, and de-energise his supporters.
Don't you have a family you should be spending time with instead of obsessing over Trump?

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

It's not complicated, Ultimate (which is not to imply that Rick could figure it out), it's just not a great analogy.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:
Likewise Mueller will come and get Trump for colluding with Russia
What is the point of this idle speculation. NO one has any certainty of that accusation - it's why there is a major investigation that has, after months, yet to reveal any certainty to that. So pointless! But if he did, I hope it's uncovered. But meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I think I'm right, but if I'm wrong, so be it. I just see the patterns developing in a way that has Trump going down bad. Like Anthony and Cleopatra and most other people apparently could. But if I'm wrong it would really something to see how that comes about.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

edwardmurphy wrote:It's not complicated, Ultimate (which is not to imply that Rick could figure it out), it's just not a great analogy.
IF I'm wrong about what happens, it's a bad analogy, if II'm right, it's a great analogy.

If I read my history right, most people could see the handwriting on the wall after Actium, and our lovebirds were quite depressed, feeling like they were on death row, which they were.

That is what I see now. Maybe Trump doesn't have sense enough to know what's happening, but otherwise......
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Comey is not Augustus. Losing a battle and running away is not analogous to winning an election with foreign aid and staying.

So sure, if you zoom out far enough then you have two situations in which people faced impending threats due to their actions, but if you pull back that far then everything is analogous. So...

Comey is Santa Ana and Trump is Davy Crockett?

Comey is radiation and Trump is Marie Curie?

Comey is unexpected snowfall and Trump is the Donner Party?

It's a weak analogy.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

winning an election with foreign aid
Yeah, that's the Hillary/Left spin - which is far from true! If a different conservative (Trump is a pseudo conservative) opponent had run against Hillary, as many conservatives who despised Trump (AND despised Hillary) opted to just not vote for either, I think she would have been buried in a landslide. MANY people (also many moderate Democrats), could not stand the legacy of the Clintons and Obama - and they hated a lot of things about Trump personally - yet, nonetheless, they thought they had no choice but to vote for Trump as their perceived, much-lesser-flawed candidate. Hillary ultimately lost because people perceived her as a corrupt liberal who had no fresh or new ideas, who would bring the same flawed policies and ideas on steroids. If Hill wants to know why she lost, she can just look in the mirror. What a fantasy: "The Russians stole the election!" Did they meddle or try to influence - that would never surprise me. But even if they did try to influence, it's far from being a significant reason as to why she lost. On top of everything else about her background, she prolifically and illegally put secret state info on a private server, and then prolifically lied about it and tried to cover it up - and this story wen on and on. Even her aide Huma and her perverted husband had access to classified info on a stinking laptop. And people saw through Hillary's carelessness, lies and arrogance - the Clintons thought they were owed another stay at Pennsylvania Ave.