Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Post by edwardmurphy »

I didn't say the Russians "stole the election," I said they influenced the outcome. There's plenty of evidence that that's the case.

As far as people not trusting Clinton and rejecting liberalism, and yadda yadda, that line of reasoning only works if you pretend that she didn't win the general election by 3 million votes and that the electoral college wasn't damned close. Trump didn't get a mandate from the people.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Post by Byblos »

edwardmurphy wrote:I didn't say the Russians "stole the election," I said they influenced the outcome. There's plenty of evidence that that's the case.

As far as people not trusting Clinton and rejecting liberalism, and yadda yadda, that line of reasoning only works if you pretend that she didn't win the general election by 3 million votes and that the electoral college wasn't damned close. Trump didn't get a mandate from the people.
Yeah but he still won so get used to it already. :lol:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Get used to it? No. Never. How am I supposed to get used to a sophomoric buffoon posting garbage on Twitter, making outlandish threats against other countries, and spending half his time playing golf and pimping his properties? This is not normal. It's not sane. So no, I'll never get used to having a know-nothing carnival barker running my country.

Oh, and can I get a link to where you told the crowd here that Barack Obama was the legitimately elected President and that they should respect the office and the choice made my the majority of their fellow citizens and get used to it?

Didn't think so...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Get used to it? No. Never. How am I supposed to get used to a sophomoric buffoon posting garbage on Twitter, making outlandish threats against other countries, and spending half his time playing golf and pimping his properties? This is not normal. It's not sane. So no, I'll never get used to having a know-nothing carnival barker running my country.

Oh, and can I get a link to where you told the crowd here that Barack Obama was the legitimately elected President and that they should respect the office and the choice made my the majority of their fellow citizens and get used to it?

Didn't think so...
Leftists are so sensitive. :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

The 8-year conservative anti-Obama hissy-fit is still going on nearly 9 months after Sideshow Don took office, and I'm sensitive?

Whatever...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:The 8-year conservative anti-Obama hissy-fit is still going on nearly 9 months after Sideshow Don took office, and I'm sensitive?

Whatever...
Yes. There's a reason why you libs are called snowflakes.
:pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

There's a reason why conservatives like to apply that label to liberals - cognitive dissonance. Why spoil a good insult by reflecting on whether or not the label applies just as well to you?

Don't think, just fire off a one liner.

Then go post about how it's unfair that Muslims get a designated prayer space at a Christian college, or that cashier's sometimes say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas." Whaaaa! The liberal snowflakes are persecuting me! Whaaaa! If I share my prejudices against homosexuals my co-workers look down on me! Whaaaa! I need a safe space, too! Whaaaa!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:There's a reason why conservatives like to apply that label to liberals - cognitive dissonance. Why spoil a good insult by reflecting on whether or not the label applies just as well to you?

Don't think, just fire off a one liner.

Then go post about how it's unfair that Muslims get a designated prayer space at a Christian college, or that cashier's sometimes say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas." Whaaaa! The liberal snowflakes are persecuting me! Whaaaa! If I share my prejudices against homosexuals my co-workers look down on me! Whaaaa! I need a safe space, too! Whaaaa!
You asked me to reflect on whether the label applies to me, and then you list stuff that doesn't apply to me. I don't complain when people say happy holidays. I don't care if Muslims get designated prayer space in a Christian college. And I couldn't care less if someone agrees with me about homosexuality.

Sounds like you're just too sensitive, and you're trying to reflect that on others, so you won't look like a snowflake.

Looks to me like the snowflake label fits perfectly. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Plural you. You, personally, aren't much of a snowflake. Neither am I.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Plural you. You, personally, aren't much of a snowflake. Neither am I.
I would agree with you.

I think the snowflake generalization is pretty accurate when labeling libs.

I was only teasing you. From what I know about you, you're one libtard that's not a snowflake.

-Edward R Murrow

ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:
winning an election with foreign aid
Yeah, that's the Hillary/Left spin - which is far from true! If a different conservative (Trump is a pseudo conservative) opponent had run against Hillary, as many conservatives who despised Trump (AND despised Hillary) opted to just not vote for either, I think she would have been buried in a landslide. MANY people (also many moderate Democrats), could not stand the legacy of the Clintons and Obama - and they hated a lot of things about Trump personally - yet, nonetheless, they thought they had no choice but to vote for Trump as their perceived, much-lesser-flawed candidate. Hillary ultimately lost because people perceived her as a corrupt liberal who had no fresh or new ideas, who would bring the same flawed policies and ideas on steroids. If Hill wants to know why she lost, she can just look in the mirror. What a fantasy: "The Russians stole the election!" Did they meddle or try to influence - that would never surprise me. But even if they did try to influence, it's far from being a significant reason as to why she lost. On top of everything else about her background, she prolifically and illegally put secret state info on a private server, and then prolifically lied about it and tried to cover it up - and this story wen on and on. Even her aide Huma and her perverted husband had access to classified info on a stinking laptop. And people saw through Hillary's carelessness, lies and arrogance - the Clintons thought they were owed another stay at Pennsylvania Ave.

Hillary also lost because a lot of black people who voted for Obama and preferred her to Trump did not bother to vote, or had their vote suppressed.The Republicans had many candidates to choose from. I might even have voted for Kasich. Who knows, he might have buried her in a landslide. If Joe Biden's son hadn't gotten fatally ill Joe might be president now. In either case we'd be much better off than we are now.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
Philip wrote:
winning an election with foreign aid
Yeah, that's the Hillary/Left spin - which is far from true! If a different conservative (Trump is a pseudo conservative) opponent had run against Hillary, as many conservatives who despised Trump (AND despised Hillary) opted to just not vote for either, I think she would have been buried in a landslide. MANY people (also many moderate Democrats), could not stand the legacy of the Clintons and Obama - and they hated a lot of things about Trump personally - yet, nonetheless, they thought they had no choice but to vote for Trump as their perceived, much-lesser-flawed candidate. Hillary ultimately lost because people perceived her as a corrupt liberal who had no fresh or new ideas, who would bring the same flawed policies and ideas on steroids. If Hill wants to know why she lost, she can just look in the mirror. What a fantasy: "The Russians stole the election!" Did they meddle or try to influence - that would never surprise me. But even if they did try to influence, it's far from being a significant reason as to why she lost. On top of everything else about her background, she prolifically and illegally put secret state info on a private server, and then prolifically lied about it and tried to cover it up - and this story wen on and on. Even her aide Huma and her perverted husband had access to classified info on a stinking laptop. And people saw through Hillary's carelessness, lies and arrogance - the Clintons thought they were owed another stay at Pennsylvania Ave.

Hillary also lost because a lot of black people who voted for Obama and preferred her to Trump did not bother to vote, or had their vote suppressed.The Republicans had many candidates to choose from. I might even have voted for Kasich. Who knows, he might have buried her in a landslide. If Joe Biden's son hadn't gotten fatally ill Joe might be president now. In either case we'd be much better off than we are now.
Since Trump has been president, what exactly is happening that you are complaining about?

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote: Since Trump has been president, what exactly is happening that you are complaining about?
Trump existing.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:
RickD wrote: Since Trump has been president, what exactly is happening that you are complaining about?
Trump existing.
Sure seems that way, doesn't it?

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

There's plenty to dislike.

He's still campaigning, which is irritating. He can't seem to give a speech, anywhere, to anyone, about anything, without taking time out to pimp his buildings, which is tacky and embarrassing. He's a blatant hypocrite. (Obama played too much golf, but Trump plays far, far more. Obama spent too much on travel, but Trump spends far, far more, etc). He's eliminating government research on climate change. He can't seem to stop making an ass of himself on Twitter. His rhetoric toward North Korea is dangerous and irresponsible, and the threats he keeps making are hyperbolic and lack credibility. He's still pushing his bogus election fraud claims. He's giving critically important jobs to his kids, despite the fact that they're totally unqualified. He still doesn't seem to understand how government works. He doesn't seem to know what's in the Obamacare repeal bill that he's pushing.

It goes on and on. Trump is the least qualified President we've ever had. He lacks the temperament, the humility, the intelligence, and the background knowledge to do the job. He's a buffoonish, spoiled rich kid that scammed and lied his way into a position for which he is incredibly ill-suited. The guy is an embarrassment.

So no, merely existing isn't enough, at least for me. Prior to becoming King of the Jackasses Birthers he was just another reality TV sideshow, no different than Paris Hilton or one of those damned Kardashians. Sure, we'd be better off if we could put them all on a rocket and shoot it into the Sun, but they're not that big a deal overall. Once Sideshow Don into politics, though, he started doing real damage. That's when my vague irritation turned to withering contempt.