Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Anthony, Cleopatra, and Trump

Post by Philip »

His rhetoric toward North Korea is dangerous and irresponsible
I think his rhetoric towards North Korea serves an important purpose. Because analysts think the guy is sane, as we can see he loves the good life, Trump is reminding him that all of life ends if he gets stupid. Reminding him that he shouldn't delude himself into thinking he can start a war and survive it (much less win it), can only be a good thing. And if he's insane, he's gonna do something crazy anyway, it's only a matter of time. The other thing is, hopefully Trump's very blatant warnings will capture the rapt attention of those around NK's Kim who don't want to see their world annihilated, who might either thwart or disobey any commands to start a war akin to national suicide, or that others within NK will plot to take out this idiot who's rocket hobby might get them all killed. Note that no amount of conciliatory talk or sanctions has stopped Kim from his stunts and comments. The other groups that Trump's tough talk might positively impact are the Russians, Chinese and Iranians. None of their leadership wants a catastrophic war - and NK is becoming more and more bad for business - which both Russia and China despise. I'm not aware that Kim has ever threatened either the Russians or the Chinese - showing more so that he's not insane. The MORE Kim fears Trump, the better for the world! The less he fears him, the more likely he is to miscalculate.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:There's plenty to dislike.

He's still campaigning, which is irritating. He can't seem to give a speech, anywhere, to anyone, about anything, without taking time out to pimp his buildings, which is tacky and embarrassing. He's a blatant hypocrite. (Obama played too much golf, but Trump plays far, far more. Obama spent too much on travel, but Trump spends far, far more, etc). He's eliminating government research on climate change. He can't seem to stop making an *** of himself on Twitter. His rhetoric toward North Korea is dangerous and irresponsible, and the threats he keeps making are hyperbolic and lack credibility. He's still pushing his bogus election fraud claims. He's giving critically important jobs to his kids, despite the fact that they're totally unqualified. He still doesn't seem to understand how government works. He doesn't seem to know what's in the Obamacare repeal bill that he's pushing.

It goes on and on. Trump is the least qualified President we've ever had. He lacks the temperament, the humility, the intelligence, and the background knowledge to do the job. He's a buffoonish, spoiled rich kid that scammed and lied his way into a position for which he is incredibly ill-suited. The guy is an embarrassment.

So no, merely existing isn't enough, at least for me. Prior to becoming King of the Jackasses Birthers he was just another reality TV sideshow, no different than Paris Hilton or one of those damned Kardashians. Sure, we'd be better off if we could put them all on a rocket and shoot it into the Sun, but they're not that big a deal overall. Once Sideshow Don into politics, though, he started doing real damage. That's when my vague irritation turned to withering contempt.
Ed,

I already know what you don't like about Trump, it's the usual leftist crap that the media spews out all day.

I was curious about ultimate777's reasoning, because he calls himself Christian, and I don't know any other Christians that are so obsessed in a negative way, with Trump.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

edwardmurphy wrote:There's plenty to dislike.
Go on.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Trump pressure on NK - Chinese see him bad for business: (My assertion earlier) The other groups that Trump's tough talk might positively impact are the Russians, Chinese and Iranians. None of their leadership wants a catastrophic war - and NK is becoming more and more bad for business - which both Russia and China despise.

Article this afternoon: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/21 ... llion.html

Outtakes:

"Chinese banks received a document Monday stating they should halt financial services and loans to new and existing North Korean customers as a result of strict U.N. sanctions passed earlier this month, a source told Reuters on Thursday."

"China and Russia agreed to the recent UN sanctions against North Korea, which included a ban on natural gas liquids and condensates."

So, now, like Trump, are the Russians and Chinese also dangerously provoking Kim - not only by what they've cut him off with, but also that they are backing the U.S. Kim so hates?