A different kind of political commentary

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

A different kind of political commentary

Post by Hortator »

So every once in a while, we here at G&S post a link to an article or video we find thought-provoking and interesting, and ask for the community's reaction.

Now, don't judge a book by it's cover. Yes, it's from a video game. But this particular monologue of the main antagonist, "Senator Armstrong", to the protagonist Jack Raiden, is almost prophetic concerning today's political climate. Keep in mind this game was made in 2013, and it almost verbatim took Trump's slogan, "Make America great again". You may even recognize other quotes in here as cultural references, or "memes" used in other areas of the internet. It's very popular.

Armstrong's 'speech' begins at around 1:17, but the full video is here, and it's pretty entertaining. Think of it as an interactive action film.

So, what do you guys think? A very accurate prediction of American political theater, a speech on par with Pericles' Funeral Oration, or just plain stupid?

Fair warning! Contains a few 4-letter words, so don't play it with your kids / boss / boss' kids around.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: A different kind of political commentary

Post by Hortator »

Hortator wrote: So, what do you guys think?

NOBODY huh?! Outstanding. I am going to make you all do wind-sprints until you can't stop throwing up and THEN when you're stomachs are empty I'm going to make you do push-ups until you're eating the dirt and THEN I'm gonna get mean....

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: A different kind of political commentary

Post by Stu »

Hey I enjoy video games but haven't played that on; I don't have anything profound to say :p just a cool vid from one of gaming's greats :D
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.