Trump or Pence?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Trump or Pence?

Post by Philip »

Knowing what we know now about Trump's negatives, IF you could push a button right now and instantly install Pence into the presidency, WOULD you?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Trump or Pence?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:Knowing what we know now about Trump's negatives, IF you could push a button right now and instantly install Pence into the presidency, WOULD you?
Trump.Pence is a wimp compared to Donald Trump and would be controlled by political correctness and we would have another Bush in the White House which is what we rejected.It was prophecied by Kim Clement in 2014 that Trump would win and they will try to impeach him but that it won't work and Trump will bring down the Deep State.So I've known this was coming for months and I know it is not going to work.Trump will be the President for eight years.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Knowing what we know now about Trump's negatives, IF you could push a button right now and instantly install Pence into the presidency, WOULD you?
Can I push a different button?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nope. Given the choice of just those.

Yep, the left hates him no matter what he does or says. Yes, there are quite a few light-weight, so-called Republicans who need to "grow some." And Democrats will never concede if he matures in various areas, or whatever other thing. But I'm concerned that he's become so toxic - even to a significant number of Republicans - that these years of controlling both houses will be squandered in squabbles and pointless drama. Yeah, you've got guys like McCain who won't back him, no matter what. But the guy is his own worst enemy. And he won't listen to good counsel - he just goes around it, with his mouth getting him into more pointless squabbles. NO disciplined, professional communications staff would have blundered the way he did this week - it was a gift to be able to show leadership and inclusively who he was president of, and extreme ideologists we should all dislike - but he royally screwed that up! Part of it is a generational problem. Sometimes, it's not so much WHAT you say, as what you don't say. This is a time for conservatism to shine - it's a rare opportunity to make some positive things happen. Sacrificing that - NO one politician is that important! If he doesn't clean up his mouth, act and office VERY soon, he's either going to be gone, or remain toothless. Someone needs to tell him he's not on some game show, milking controversy for ratings.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I'd say no then. Let's let the process play itself out. He was voted in. He can't be any worse than Obama, when all is said and done.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:
Nope. Given the choice of just those.

Yep, the left hates him no matter what he does or says. Yes, there are quite a few light-weight, so-called Republicans who need to "grow some." And Democrats will never concede if he matures in various areas, or whatever other thing. But I'm concerned that he's become so toxic - even to a significant number of Republicans - that these years of controlling both houses will be squandered in squabbles and pointless drama. Yeah, you've got guys like McCain who won't back him, no matter what. But the guy is his own worst enemy. And he won't listen to good counsel - he just goes around it, with his mouth getting him into more pointless squabbles. NO disciplined, professional communications staff would have blundered the way he did this week - it was a gift to be able to show leadership and inclusively who he was president of, and extreme ideologists we should all dislike - but he royally screwed that up! Part of it is a generational problem. Sometimes, it's not so much WHAT you say, as what you don't say. This is a time for conservatism to shine - it's a rare opportunity to make some positive things happen. Sacrificing that - NO one politician is that important! If he doesn't clean up his mouth, act and office VERY soon, he's either going to be gone, or remain toothless. Someone needs to tell him he's not on some game show, milking controversy for ratings.

You're looking at how things are right now but your perspective will change once you see how Trump drains the swamp.It only looks chaotic because Trump is being attacked by the establishment which includes both parties but once Trump drains the swamp things will smooth out and you'll see just how awesome of a President Donald Trump is.It is not Trump's fault he is fighting for the things he ran on and won on and both parties are trying to block his agenda.It will change though but it is going to take time beceause the corruption in Washington is entrenched deep and you have to be smart about how you drain it and Trump knows how.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Why not both?
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

For me, its not even close...
I'll take moral and competent over immoral and incompetent any day of the week!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:For me, its not even close...
I'll take moral and competent over immoral and incompetent any day of the week!

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: I'd say no then. Let's let the process play itself out. He was voted in. He can't be any worse than Obama, when all is said and done.
Holy crap - you'd rather, given, likely, what would likely be a far better president - just see how it plays out because "he can't be any worse than Obama?" Sometimes, it makes sense to change horses - especially if another and better one is available. I think one is.

But I don't think the left has thought out their strategy. Because their best route back to power - that is, if Trump is a bad as they say he is - would be for him to stay in office so they could make a comeback in the next election. But if a truly great Republican takes over now, that would be far less likely to happen.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:
Rick: I'd say no then. Let's let the process play itself out. He was voted in. He can't be any worse than Obama, when all is said and done.
Holy crap - you'd rather, given, likely, what would likely be a far better president - just see how it plays out because "he can't be any worse than Obama?" Sometimes, it makes sense to change horses - especially if another and better one is available. I think one is.

But I don't think the left has thought out their strategy. Because their best route back to power - that is, if Trump is a bad as they say he is - would be for him to stay in office so they could make a comeback in the next election. But if a truly great Republican takes over now, that would be far less likely to happen.

The problem with this kind of thinking is the Republican party is corrupt to.It is not just the Democratic Party.It is policitians in both parties that are controlled by globalists,they have been compromised by money,pedophilia or blackmale to carry out the globalist agenda.They have totally abandoned the US Constitution and are pushing a globalist agenda which is treason.The only way to take our country back from the globalists that control people in both parties is to do something about it and only Donald Trump has said he would. Unless we do this it will not matter which party is in power the globalists will still control America.This is why it is so important that Donald Trump succeed in draining the swamp and only he has said he would do it.Why do you think it is both parties stonewalling Trump's nationalistic agenda? The globalists are panicked by Donald Trump and are paying people in both parties to get rid of Donald Trump.It is both parties stonewalling and blocking Trump from getting done what he ran on.It is not just the Democrats.Both parties are compromised by globalists who don't want to lose their grip on America.This is treason and sedition and should not and cannot be overlooked.I do believe Pence is loyal to Donald Trump despite the news reports to the contrary and he can be President after Donald Trump in eight years like Reagan and then Bush Sr and by then the corruption will be cleaned out of Washington and things will be so much better thanks to Donald Trump.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:

I don't think Trump has had enough time in office for me to make a decision about him.

He's starting to grow on me. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I don't think Trump has had enough time in office for me to make a decision about him.

He's starting to grow on me. :lol:
My biggest worry is that if Trump gets the old heave-ho, our CAB might never recover from it. He might lose his mind and become a Democrat or something :shock: And then America really would be lost! :lol: