Books about Trump

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Books about Trump

Post by abelcainsbrother »

ultimate777 wrote:Trump is no friend of the Christian community. He is leading it to danger. He knows how to play it.
According to his book "Think Big" he loves and recommends highly revenge, for instance. What would Jesus think of that?
And if you check I think you will find lots of negative comments about Christianity by him.

Watch this space.
How is Trump leading the church to danger by taking steps to defund planned parenthood,giving the church free speech,etc when no Republican has even came close to taking these steps Trump has?Well them Christians are overlooking the good things he has done for the Christian church and the pro-life moevement and I don't know why. I mean Christians have been under attack for years by liberals and Christians have been praying something would be done to lessen the number of abortions being done and yet when Trump takes steps to do just that,they overlook it.They are too judgmental to see the good things happening.

This is just looking at Trump from a Christian perspective compared to all of the Republicans we have had that said they were pro-life and a Christian but never have taken these steps Trump has.There is no comparison Trump is blowing them all away taking these actions he has as the President.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:Trump is no friend of the Christian community. He is leading it to danger. He knows how to play it.
According to his book "Think Big" he loves and recommends highly revenge, for instance. What would Jesus think of that?
And if you check I think you will find lots of negative comments about Christianity by him.

Watch this space.
How is Trump leading the church to danger by taking steps to defund planned parenthood,giving the church free speech,etc when no Republican has even came close to taking these steps Trump has?Well them Christians are overlooking the good things he has done for the Christian church and the pro-life moevement and I don't know why. I mean Christians have been under attack for years by liberals and Christians have been praying something would be done to lessen the number of abortions being done and yet when Trump takes steps to do just that,they overlook it.They are too judgmental to see the good things happening.

This is just looking at Trump from a Christian perspective compared to all of the Republicans we have had that said they were pro-life and a Christian but never have taken these steps Trump has.There is no comparison Trump is blowing them all away taking these actions he has as the President.
What steps has Trump taken to prevent abortion/make abortion illegal?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Stu wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Watch this space.

What steps has Trump taken to prevent abortion/make abortion illegal?
Well first off he ran on a pro-life platform and after he won he he did the things I have already explained as the President.I'm not implying abortion has been done away with yet,but Trump has taken steps for the pro-life movement that no other President has,plus giving the church free speech breaking the Johnson ammendmant. Go back over and review. I dont like to repeat what I've already explained.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Did what things? Appoint a conservative justice? They have whenever they've had the opportunity. Say they were going to defund Planned Parenthood? They all say that. Symbolically order the IRS not to enforce a rule they don't enforce anyway? No idea. Maybe they have.

Maybe he'll do all of those things, but until he does they're not accomplishments. In reality he's accomplished very little, and he's utterly failed to do the things that he insisted he could do easily and immediately.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:Did what things? Appoint a conservative justice? They have whenever they've had the opportunity. Say they were going to defund Planned Parenthood? They all say that. Symbolically order the IRS not to enforce a rule they don't enforce anyway? No idea. Maybe they have.

Maybe he'll do all of those things, but until he does they're not accomplishments. In reality he's accomplished very little, and he's utterly failed to do the things that he insisted he could do easily and immediately.

How come executive orders don't mean anything to you?They don't count to you?They are meaningless? Because they go into effect when the President signs it.Please explain what other Republicans said about abortion and what they did about it. Yes they do all say they are pro-life and even a Christian but no Republican did anything about abortion like Trump has?You don't think he was serious when he signed that executive order defunding planned parenthood? It is both parties fighting against it,but Trump is serious. Also I don't hold it against Trump that both parties are blocking his agenda they are ignoring the will of the people and I know it took Ronald Reagan three years to get his tax cut plan passed because both parties blocked Reagan too,but Trump won't make the same mistakes Reagan did and Reagan was a great President.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Last I heard what he did was allow individual states to withhold federal funds from PP. That's not the same as defining PP. He can't defund PP by executive order because he doesn't have the constitutional authority to do so.

Beyond that, defunding PP is a decent conservative talking point, but it's stupid policy. PP does abortions, but most of what they do is preventive care and education. If the Republicans manage to kill PP it will lead to more disease and more unwanted pregnancies, which will mean more poor people needing government assistance to get by. It seems like the Republicans get stupid whenever sex and politics intersect. Supposedly conservativism is best because it takes the world as it is, rather than trying impose some utopian fantasy, but when sex comes into the equation conservative pragmatism goes right out the window and it becomes all fantasy all the time.

As far as what other presidents might have done, the Republicans always sign an EO preventing federal money from going to international aid groups that perform or discuss abortion, so nothing new there. I don't know what else other presidents have done, and I'm not in the mood to look it up right now.