Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

It's one thing to let it happen in society, but since June 2015 everyone almost seems to support it and even fellow Christians will chew you out if u disagree with it, yet tell them u dont hate LGBT people. Extreme support is all over the place, but I guess that is due to things like gay conversion therapy which doesn't work.
Interesting how there's been cases of people changing after coming to Christ, even though some don't seem to and the media (understandably since it's secular) doesn't want to accept it.
I dont want people thinking im stirring up hate, i have relatives that are gay and biseuxal and i dont hate them.

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby Nessa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:38 pm

New Zealand has changed alot since I was a kid....

I was looking up Chuches here in napier and there is a little one in town...a trinity church which is Methodist. They have a website saying they do same sex wedding civil union ceremonies. Gay people can do that now legally. You can be a prositute as well. New Zealands reeeeeeeaallly fun but you cant smack your kid.. go figure :econfused:

I think certain churches feel pressured into conforming. And bills that past just make it harder not to give in. Tho no excuse.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby PaulSacramento » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:50 am

In short, YES.

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby Hortator » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am

I'm numb to it. After 10 years I just don't care anymore.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby edwardmurphy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 am

Nope, not at all. All that's happening is that a group that has faced actual persecution and discrimination is getting the same rights that the heterosexual community has always taken for granted.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Something for us all to consider. (Thanks, Paul)

Individual, silent, personal prayer never has and never could be outlawed in public schools. - FFRF

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18408
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby RickD » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:47 am

Normalization of LGBTQ is being forced upon us, at least in the US.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 5799
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby Philip » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 am

Nessa: I was looking up Chuches here in napier and there is a little one in town...a trinity church which is Methodist. They have a website saying they do same sex wedding civil union ceremonies. Gay people can do that now legally. You can be a prositute as well. New Zealands reeeeeeeaallly fun but you cant smack your kid.. go figure :econfused:

I think certain churches feel pressured into conforming. And bills that past just make it harder not to give in. Tho no excuse.


Every church I see that goes down this PC / societal path as to what it considers right, has very little regard for the Bible. Oh, they'll cherrypick some feel-good passages, but as for the things God warns about - like embracing sins AS IF God is perfectly fine with it - they just ignore it, or don't believe such passages of warning are God-given. It's a pointless doctrine of serving the self first, while merely winking at the importance of God's directives.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby PaulSacramento » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 am

RickD wrote:Normalization of LGBTQ is being forced upon us, at least in the US.

Yep, regardless of the science
Of course, in the end, they succeed in only damaging themselves.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby edwardmurphy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:23 am

The normalization of homosexuality is part of a sea change that's been taking place in our country. I understand that social conservatives feel like it's being forced on them by a minority, but that's not reality. The reality is that most Americans have changed their position on homosexuality to one of general acceptance. The Supreme Court recognized as much when they struck down laws banning gay marriage.

Granting equal rights and legal protection to groups that have been denied them is part of our American heritage. The Founders stated that all men, by which they meant all white, male landholders, were created equal. That was radical because it was a rejection of the Divine right of Kings and the hereditary aristocracy. As time passed that definition was broadened to include landless white men, women, and people of color. Each time the change was spearheaded by radicals and opposed by social conservatives. Now it's being broadened further to include homosexuals. In all of the aforementioned instances social conservatives lost, but the nation survived. It will be the same this time.

Personally, I call it progress.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Something for us all to consider. (Thanks, Paul)

Individual, silent, personal prayer never has and never could be outlawed in public schools. - FFRF

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby PaulSacramento » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 am

The normalization of homosexuality


Yep, right there.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5696
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby Byblos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:20 am

edwardmurphy wrote:The normalization of homosexuality is part of a sea change that's been taking place in our country. I understand that social conservatives feel like it's being forced on them by a minority, but that's not reality. The reality is that most Americans have changed their position on homosexuality to one of general acceptance. The Supreme Court recognized as much when they struck down laws banning gay marriage.

Granting equal rights and legal protection to groups that have been denied them is part of our American heritage. The Founders stated that all men, by which they meant all white, male landholders, were created equal. That was radical because it was a rejection of the Divine right of Kings and the hereditary aristocracy. As time passed that definition was broadened to include landless white men, women, and people of color. Each time the change was spearheaded by radicals and opposed by social conservatives. Now it's being broadened further to include homosexuals. In all of the aforementioned instances social conservatives lost, but the nation survived. It will be the same this time.

Personally, I call it progress.


Of course it is progress. And the trend will continue, it is already happening. Rights for polygamy, incestual unions, gender neutrality, and so on ... At what point do we say this so-called progress is impeding on society and destroying the very fabric of the natural law in which it was made? Progress? Of course. Good progress? I'm not so sure.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby Hortator » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Byblos wrote:Of course it is progress. And the trend will continue, it is already happening. Rights for polygamy, incestual unions, gender neutrality, and so on ... At what point do we say this so-called progress is impeding on society and destroying the very fabric of the natural law in which it was made? Progress? Of course. Good progress? I'm not so sure.

"Progress towards....why, progress, of course!"

Be careful what you wish for.

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Nessa wrote:New Zealand has changed alot since I was a kid....

I was looking up Chuches here in napier and there is a little one in town...a trinity church which is Methodist. They have a website saying they do same sex wedding civil union ceremonies. Gay people can do that now legally. You can be a prositute as well. New Zealands reeeeeeeaallly fun but you cant smack your kid.. go figure :econfused:

I think certain churches feel pressured into conforming. And bills that past just make it harder not to give in. Tho no excuse.

Prostitution? Makes sense seeing how western society (places where england took over, west europe, and most of north america) is having a hard time with marriage. It's actually easier to shack up with prostitutes than get married in many instances. I wonder when the US will legalize it...

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm

This reminds me of some book but I can't think of it, progress, progress! Only that everything got worse.
Anyone remember a book like that?

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:11 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:The normalization of homosexuality is part of a sea change that's been taking place in our country. I understand that social conservatives feel like it's being forced on them by a minority, but that's not reality. The reality is that most Americans have changed their position on homosexuality to one of general acceptance. The Supreme Court recognized as much when they struck down laws banning gay marriage.

Granting equal rights and legal protection to groups that have been denied them is part of our American heritage. The Founders stated that all men, by which they meant all white, male landholders, were created equal. That was radical because it was a rejection of the Divine right of Kings and the hereditary aristocracy. As time passed that definition was broadened to include landless white men, women, and people of color. Each time the change was spearheaded by radicals and opposed by social conservatives. Now it's being broadened further to include homosexuals. In all of the aforementioned instances social conservatives lost, but the nation survived. It will be the same this time.

Personally, I call it progress.

That's why I said it's one thing to legalize it. I figured this would pop up. But where does the line stop? Legalizing prostitution, pedophilia, bestiality, where does it end?


Return to “Politics and World Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests