Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

It's one thing to let it happen in society, but since June 2015 everyone almost seems to support it and even fellow Christians will chew you out if u disagree with it, yet tell them u dont hate LGBT people. Extreme support is all over the place, but I guess that is due to things like gay conversion therapy which doesn't work.
Interesting how there's been cases of people changing after coming to Christ, even though some don't seem to and the media (understandably since it's secular) doesn't want to accept it.
I dont want people thinking im stirring up hate, i have relatives that are gay and biseuxal and i dont hate them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Do you think LGBT is being forced on us?

Post by Nessa »

New Zealand has changed alot since I was a kid....

I was looking up Chuches here in napier and there is a little one in town...a trinity church which is Methodist. They have a website saying they do same sex wedding civil union ceremonies. Gay people can do that now legally. You can be a prositute as well. New Zealands reeeeeeeaallly fun but you cant smack your kid.. go figure :econfused:

I think certain churches feel pressured into conforming. And bills that past just make it harder not to give in. Tho no excuse.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

In short, YES.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

I'm numb to it. After 10 years I just don't care anymore.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Nope, not at all. All that's happening is that a group that has faced actual persecution and discrimination is getting the same rights that the heterosexual community has always taken for granted.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Normalization of LGBTQ is being forced upon us, at least in the US.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Nessa: I was looking up Chuches here in napier and there is a little one in town...a trinity church which is Methodist. They have a website saying they do same sex wedding civil union ceremonies. Gay people can do that now legally. You can be a prositute as well. New Zealands reeeeeeeaallly fun but you cant smack your kid.. go figure :econfused:

I think certain churches feel pressured into conforming. And bills that past just make it harder not to give in. Tho no excuse.
Every church I see that goes down this PC / societal path as to what it considers right, has very little regard for the Bible. Oh, they'll cherrypick some feel-good passages, but as for the things God warns about - like embracing sins AS IF God is perfectly fine with it - they just ignore it, or don't believe such passages of warning are God-given. It's a pointless doctrine of serving the self first, while merely winking at the importance of God's directives.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:Normalization of LGBTQ is being forced upon us, at least in the US.
Yep, regardless of the science
Of course, in the end, they succeed in only damaging themselves.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

The normalization of homosexuality is part of a sea change that's been taking place in our country. I understand that social conservatives feel like it's being forced on them by a minority, but that's not reality. The reality is that most Americans have changed their position on homosexuality to one of general acceptance. The Supreme Court recognized as much when they struck down laws banning gay marriage.

Granting equal rights and legal protection to groups that have been denied them is part of our American heritage. The Founders stated that all men, by which they meant all white, male landholders, were created equal. That was radical because it was a rejection of the Divine right of Kings and the hereditary aristocracy. As time passed that definition was broadened to include landless white men, women, and people of color. Each time the change was spearheaded by radicals and opposed by social conservatives. Now it's being broadened further to include homosexuals. In all of the aforementioned instances social conservatives lost, but the nation survived. It will be the same this time.

Personally, I call it progress.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

The normalization of homosexuality
Yep, right there.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

edwardmurphy wrote:The normalization of homosexuality is part of a sea change that's been taking place in our country. I understand that social conservatives feel like it's being forced on them by a minority, but that's not reality. The reality is that most Americans have changed their position on homosexuality to one of general acceptance. The Supreme Court recognized as much when they struck down laws banning gay marriage.

Granting equal rights and legal protection to groups that have been denied them is part of our American heritage. The Founders stated that all men, by which they meant all white, male landholders, were created equal. That was radical because it was a rejection of the Divine right of Kings and the hereditary aristocracy. As time passed that definition was broadened to include landless white men, women, and people of color. Each time the change was spearheaded by radicals and opposed by social conservatives. Now it's being broadened further to include homosexuals. In all of the aforementioned instances social conservatives lost, but the nation survived. It will be the same this time.

Of course it is progress. And the trend will continue, it is already happening. Rights for polygamy, incestual unions, gender neutrality, and so on ... At what point do we say this so-called progress is impeding on society and destroying the very fabric of the natural law in which it was made? Progress? Of course. Good progress? I'm not so sure.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

Byblos wrote: Of course it is progress. And the trend will continue, it is already happening. Rights for polygamy, incestual unions, gender neutrality, and so on ... At what point do we say this so-called progress is impeding on society and destroying the very fabric of the natural law in which it was made? Progress? Of course. Good progress? I'm not so sure.
"Progress towards....why, progress, of course!"

Be careful what you wish for.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Nessa wrote:New Zealand has changed alot since I was a kid....

I was looking up Chuches here in napier and there is a little one in town...a trinity church which is Methodist. They have a website saying they do same sex wedding civil union ceremonies. Gay people can do that now legally. You can be a prositute as well. New Zealands reeeeeeeaallly fun but you cant smack your kid.. go figure :econfused:

Prostitution? Makes sense seeing how western society (places where england took over, west europe, and most of north america) is having a hard time with marriage. It's actually easier to shack up with prostitutes than get married in many instances. I wonder when the US will legalize it...
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

This reminds me of some book but I can't think of it, progress, progress! Only that everything got worse.
Anyone remember a book like that?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy wrote:The normalization of homosexuality is part of a sea change that's been taking place in our country. I understand that social conservatives feel like it's being forced on them by a minority, but that's not reality. The reality is that most Americans have changed their position on homosexuality to one of general acceptance. The Supreme Court recognized as much when they struck down laws banning gay marriage.

That's why I said it's one thing to legalize it. I figured this would pop up. But where does the line stop? Legalizing prostitution, pedophilia, bestiality, where does it end?