Are radical Muslims a minority?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Are radical Muslims a minority?

Post by edwardmurphy »

This is what I've been attempting to communicate for months. ISIS cannot be negotiated with, but ISIS does not represent the entire Muslim world. They'd like to, but they don't, and as long as we can keep that distinction clear in our own minds we can deny them that opportunity. If, however, we use rhetoric and implement policies that ignore that distinction we, through our own actions, legitimize them as representatives of Islam. That's what they want. Every anti-Muslim demonstration, Koran burning, or attack on an innocent Muslim underscores their message and hurts our credibility with the rest of the Muslim world.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:This is what I've been attempting to communicate for months. ISIS cannot be negotiated with, but ISIS does not represent the entire Muslim world. They'd like to, but they don't, and as long as we can keep that distinction clear in our own minds we can deny them that opportunity. If, however, we use rhetoric and implement policies that ignore that distinction we, through our own actions, legitimize them as representatives of Islam. That's what they want. Every anti-Muslim demonstration, Koran burning, or attack on an innocent Muslim underscores their message and hurts our credibility with the rest of the Muslim world.
ISIS don't represent all Muslims, but ISIS do infact represent Islamic idealogy. ISIS are more faithful to Islam and Muhammad's words. All Muslims who don't support such a jihad are hypocrites, and according to the Quran the lowest depths of hell are reserved for them.

Really, I don't expect someone who sees Islam not much different to Christianity to understand, the person like yourself who'd retort, "Oh, Christianity has its own verses" broadstroking both as much the same devoid of any truth.

Yet, it isn't beyond Atheist-leaning persons to gain understanding since I've heard understanding come from the lips of such.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:This is what I've been attempting to communicate for months. ISIS cannot be negotiated with, but ISIS does not represent the entire Muslim world. They'd like to, but they don't, and as long as we can keep that distinction clear in our own minds we can deny them that opportunity. If, however, we use rhetoric and implement policies that ignore that distinction we, through our own actions, legitimize them as representatives of Islam. That's what they want. Every anti-Muslim demonstration, Koran burning, or attack on an innocent Muslim underscores their message and hurts our credibility with the rest of the Muslim world.
ISIS don't represent all Muslims, but ISIS do infact represent Islamic idealogy. ISIS are more faithful to Islam and Muhammad's words. All Muslims who don't support such a jihad are hypocrites, and according to the Quran the lowest depths of hell are reserved for them.

Really, I don't expect someone who sees Islam not much different to Christianity to understand, the person like yourself who'd retort, "Oh, Christianity has its own verses" broadstroking both as much the same devoid of any truth.

Yet, it isn't beyond Atheist-leaning persons to gain understanding since I've heard understanding come from the lips of such.
It really is a shame, the ignorance regarding Islam, that people like edwardmurphy have. The "head in the sand" mentality. Unfortunately, it seems like there are way too many in Europe, who either refuse to accept the truth about some Muslims who want sharia and death to infidels, at any cost. Cities in Europe, and even in the US, are starting to be taken over by Muslims. They move in, and once their numbers expand, they start to take over cities. It's only a matter of time, before they start to force sharia law upon us, unless we wake up.

As Muslims kill, and slowly take over, people like ed, are saying it's a chicken little mentality. It's really a shame that intelligent people such as ed and others, are completely oblivious.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Muslim birth rates alone, in Europe, insure that Muslims will become a potent political force in the that part of the West.
Ed: Every anti-Muslim demonstration, Koran burning, or attack on an innocent Muslim underscores their message and hurts our credibility with the rest of the Muslim world.
But the vast amount of anti-Muslim venom in the West is towards the extremist/Islamists. Much of the media can't seem to get that. Muslims know the difference - which is why the Saudi's and other Muslim nations have aligned with us. They more than Western media realize the intentions and capabilities of these maniacs like ISIS. Problem is, many rulers in these nations attempt to rule as if their rule is mandated by the Quran, and so they long turned a blind eye to the Islamic fundamentalist mosques and preachers - kind of hard to put the genie back in the bottle. As for Europe, my guess is that there will be a tipping point where the uber pacifists and ones wanting to not limit immigration and borders, will be drowned out once the attacks reach some critical mass - then the European masses will likely swing hard right - with all the crazies in that crowd.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Ed, correct me if I'm wrong, but I see you would be like one of two people in the following exchanges that take place after each Islamic terrorist attack: https://youtu.be/MmWJMuC_Jx8?t=1m12s (RickD, I'm sure you'll enjoy also)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Ed, correct me if I'm wrong, but I see you would be like one of two people in the following exchanges that take place after each Islamic terrorist attack: https://youtu.be/MmWJMuC_Jx8?t=1m12s (RickD, I'm sure you'll enjoy also)
Great video K!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Every anti-Muslim demonstration, Koran burning, or attack on an innocent Muslim underscores their message and hurts our credibility with the rest of the Muslim world.
Really?
I have heard this before and it is equivalent to the "love me/accept me as I am or I kill you" view.
You don't see anything wrong with that dude?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

100 Muslim leaders gather on London bridge to condemn attacks.

metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds-of-muslim-leaders-gather-on-london-bridge-to-condemn-attacks-6691965/
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Apologies for not posting the link, I can't seem to copy and paste on the kindle tonight.

Around 100 Muslim leaders have gathered on London Bridge today to condemn the terrorist attacks in Manchester and London.
The Imams, who gathered near the spot where Saturday’s terror attack took place, made clear in a statement read on behalf of 500 leaders there is no religious justification for taking innocent lives.

Some 30 people were killed and more than 150 wounded in the two attacks that took place within a matter of weeks of each other.
The Muslim leaders pledged to ‘root out’ the ‘menace’ of extremism as they launched an action plan to tackle radicalisation within their communities.
A large crowd gathered opposite The Barrowboy And Banker pub, close to where the van carrying the terrorist trio Youssef Zaghba, Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane crashed.
Muslim scholar Aneesa Hussain told those present: ‘Today we make it clear that terrorists and extremists are not following the path to paradise.
‘We clarify that the funeral prayer of such barbaric individuals is not to be performed, nor they be buried among the Muslims.
‘We stand here also to reiterate our commitment to peace, bridge-building and British values, and to continue to play our role in rooting out this menace from our communities and the wider society.’
Muslims in Britain can be confident in their identity and that their religion is compatible with the values held dear within the UK, the plan states.
Notions that Muslims should work to establish and support a so-called Islamic State and that it is a betrayal to help British authorities are wrong’, the plan adds, and will continue to be challenged within mosques and educational institutions as ‘divisive narratives’.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds- ... z4jLhZcIEj

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds- ... z4jLhIQFlm

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds- ... z4jLh4XjRl
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Story: Apologies for not posting the link, I can't seem to copy and paste on the kindle tonight.

Around 100 Muslim leaders have gathered on London Bridge today to condemn the terrorist attacks in Manchester and London.
The Imams, who gathered near the spot where Saturday’s terror attack took place, made clear in a statement read on behalf of 500 leaders there is no religious justification for taking innocent lives.

Some 30 people were killed and more than 150 wounded in the two attacks that took place within a matter of weeks of each other.
The Muslim leaders pledged to ‘root out’ the ‘menace’ of extremism as they launched an action plan to tackle radicalisation within their communities.
A large crowd gathered opposite The Barrowboy And Banker pub, close to where the van carrying the terrorist trio Youssef Zaghba, Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane crashed.
Muslim scholar Aneesa Hussain told those present: ‘Today we make it clear that terrorists and extremists are not following the path to paradise.
‘We clarify that the funeral prayer of such barbaric individuals is not to be performed, nor they be buried among the Muslims.
‘We stand here also to reiterate our commitment to peace, bridge-building and British values, and to continue to play our role in rooting out this menace from our communities and the wider society.’
Muslims in Britain can be confident in their identity and that their religion is compatible with the values held dear within the UK, the plan states.
Notions that Muslims should work to establish and support a so-called Islamic State and that it is a betrayal to help British authorities are wrong’, the plan adds, and will continue to be challenged within mosques and educational institutions as ‘divisive narratives’.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds- ... z4jLhZcIEj

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds- ... z4jLhIQFlm

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds- ... z4jLh4XjRl
It's a great start - one I hope catches fire. But I'll be far more impressed to see this movement take hold in Islamic countries, as opposed to only Muslims living in the West.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Such actually means zero to me. Nothing but political posturing for the gullable. Rather, what some Muslims did in the thick of it in the Phillipines, hiding 40 or so Christians from ISIS and helping them escape, that means something.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Yes not all Muslims are bad, the problem is that they are likely to be brainwashed into terrorism.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Yes not all Muslims are bad, the problem is that they are likely to be brainwashed into terrorism.
Brainwashed into Islamic ideology.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Kurieuo wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Yes not all Muslims are bad, the problem is that they are likely to be brainwashed into terrorism.
Brainwashed into Islamic ideology.
Fair enough, but then it must be said most Muslims are radicals, since they don't follow word for word what the Koran says. As far as I can tell that is.