Are radical Muslims a minority?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Are radical Muslims a minority?

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote:Nobody is making an equivalency argument. I mentioned colonialism because it's relevant, and Stu brought up the Crusades.
Terrifying moment three Jihadis were shot dead after killing seven and hurting 48: Gang yell 'This is for Allah' after mowing down crowd on London Bridge then going on stabbing frenzy

Seven people were killed and at least 48 others injured in an on London Bridge and Borough Market last night

Three men drove a white van in an 'S shape' across the bridge at 50mph, mowing down up to 20 pedestrians

They left the vehicle and began 'randomly stabbing' victims with 12-inch knives in busy bars in the market

Witnesses described seeing victims with their throats cut while others fought off attackers with pint glasses
Police shot dead the terrorists - one of whom was wearing an Arsenal shirt - within eight minutes of initial call

Today armed police raided a block of flats in Barking, east London, as a major investigation was underway

Terror attack comes just 12 days after the Manchester attack and 10 weeks after the Westminster atrocity

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4j303z5RC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ridge.html
Modern Global Colonialism in action today...

Thank you Ed for helping folks define Islam as - Colonial Islam -
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

You're deluded, B.W.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

One of the methods used to achieve the goals of Islam, again, according to their own book, is colonialism.
co·lo·ni·al·ism
kəˈlōnēəˌlizəm/
noun
the policy or practice of acquiring full or partial political control over another country, occupying it with settlers, and exploiting it economically.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I know what colonialism is, and anyone who thinks that the West is being colonized by Muslims is deluded.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote:I know what colonialism is, and anyone who thinks that the West is being colonized by Muslims is deluded.
Let's talk in a couple years time.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I expect I'll be here.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote:I expect I'll be here.
So will millions of more Muslims coming into Europe.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:I know what colonialism is, and anyone who thinks that the West is being colonized by Muslims is deluded.
Which part of this is false?
co·lo·ni·al·ism
kəˈlōnēəˌlizəm/
noun
the policy or practice of acquiring full or partial political control over another country, occupying it with settlers, and exploiting it economically.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

The part where you say it's happening.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

My thoughts on this...

I don't know enough about Islam to judge it, I do know a few Muslims though (my daughter has few friends at her school, which is coincidentally a C of E girls school, that are. They all express grief and horror at the things carried out by these Islamic extremists, one girl was afraid to go to school because of fear of being branded a terrorist.
By excluding or fearing the majority (it has to be said) of peaceful Muslims, are we not just playing straight into the hands of ISIS? If we, as Christians, judge and persecute them, fear them, isn't that just pushing them towards a group who will use that to say we need to be dominated?

It does appear that the Koran preaches hatred and killing of 'infidels', sharia law and the like which rings huge alarm bells for me.
I know there has been a lot of war, and killing, in the name of Christianity but nowhere in the Bible can I find a verse that advocates slaughter of non believers.

Who knows how this can be, or even if, it can be resolved? For my part, I will carry on as best as I can, cry for those affected by all this, pray and trust God. Over here in the UK there have been many uplifting stories of people from all religions pulling together against these terrorists. We need to spread more love and tolerance than they can spread terror and fear, in my opinion. If we start turning against Muslims, the terrorists win.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:My thoughts on this...

I don't know enough about Islam to judge it, I do know a few Muslims though (my daughter has few friends at her school, which is coincidentally a C of E girls school, that are. They all express grief and horror at the things carried out by these Islamic extremists, one girl was afraid to go to school because of fear of being branded a terrorist.
By excluding or fearing the majority (it has to be said) of peaceful Muslims, are we not just playing straight into the hands of ISIS? If we, as Christians, judge and persecute them, fear them, isn't that just pushing them towards a group who will use that to say we need to be dominated?

It does appear that the Koran preaches hatred and killing of 'infidels', sharia law and the like which rings huge alarm bells for me.
I know there has been a lot of war, and killing, in the name of Christianity but nowhere in the Bible can I find a verse that advocates slaughter of non believers.

Who knows how this can be, or even if, it can be resolved? For my part, I will carry on as best as I can, cry for those affected by all this, pray and trust God. Over here in the UK there have been many uplifting stories of people from all religions pulling together against these terrorists. We need to spread more love and tolerance than they can spread terror and fear, in my opinion. If we start turning against Muslims, the terrorists win.
Is that the official Catholic position?
:poke:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

I don't know, you'd have to ask a Catholic :fryingpan:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Storyteller wrote:My thoughts on this...

Very good points and yes, ideally, if we can show our Muslim brothers and sisters that we are there for them, then the radicals have far less "ammo" to use in their radicalization.
BUT that is just one part of it and history has taught us that you can't reason with the unreasonable, you can't reason with those that view reasoning as a sign of weakness.

There is no clear-cut solution, no "one fix" and that is perhaps the hardest part to admit.

Did anyone see the One Love concert, did you notice the crowds?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Paul: ideally, if we can show our Muslim brothers and sisters that we are there for them, then the radicals have far less "ammo" to use in their radicalization.
Unquestionably true!
Paul: BUT that is just one part of it and history has taught us that you can't reason with the unreasonable, you can't reason with those that view reasoning as a sign of weakness.
Yes, those, like Iran, who merely see our overtures as naive and pointless, as mere opportunities to be exploited for their own evil ends - we must oppose such people whenever and however possible. Safety must come first. With all such entities, carrots alone will not work. There must always be a big stick at the ready - and used whenever necessary.