Manchester terrorist attack...

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Manchester terrorist attack...

Post by IceMobster »

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Manchester terrorist attack...

Post by RickD »

WWMD
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4vWR5BpDdQ

A woman was lectured for being "intollerant" after reporting to security a Muslim woman looking suspicious: "How would you like it if..."
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Liberalism is the new insanity, it seems. It had good intentions and I like that but now, it's gone to the dogs.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Had to kill a lot of kids too, maybe Trump will stomp them out.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Like all evil organizations, ISIS and other terrorists need various boogeymen to blame all of their society's problems on - for them, it's typically "the West, Christians, occupiers, The Crusadors, etc." So, to demonstrate to their followers their power, each act is designed to show they are capable of hitting back at the sources of their society's causes of misery. It really doesn't cost them much, and it's considered a good political return on their money. We'll never stop the lone wolves or wannabees. But we should deny the plotters, fianancers and military groups sanctuary, geographic territory, money, oil, whatever it takes to weaken them. And the peaceful Muslim nations need to get serious about helping - to quit turning a blind eye to to radical mosques and Islamic sympathizers in their own midsts, or throwing money their way. Such radicals hate the entrenched Muslim governments as much as they do us. And for a long way time, the Saudis have tried to placate the extremists, as long as their rhetoric was only aimed at Israel or the West. Now, they well know the radicals have those Gulf kingdoms' ruling classes in their sights as well.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

^
What are you talking about? The bombing in Manchester was perpetrated by a British-born, self-radicalized terrorist, not a refugee.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Supposedly, one of the patterns that has come to light is that some of the refugees coming in have ties with sleeper cells and that with these more open and liberal immigration rules, it is far easier for the leaders or figure heads that were abroad to come in and finalize plans for attacks.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Byblos wrote:^
What are you talking about? The bombing in Manchester was perpetrated by a British-born, self-radicalized terrorist, not a refugee.
No need to lie now. It is known that those Buddhist extremist need to be kept in check.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:^
Actually,

He's the son of refugees, so y:p2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Look at who the wannabees are that ISIS and Islamic Inc. are recruiting - whether sent amongst refugees or whether recruited from the Middle East, typically they are:

- Muslim - especially the more un-assimulated, culturally isolated, and religious they are
- Young
- Male (but not always)
- Angry at what they see in Western culture, or angry misfits in general
- Nobodies that want to be seen as important
- Susceptible to ideology and authority figures
- Potentially unstable mentally

What the above tells us, is that virtually anyone that meets enough of the criteria above, even if they have lived their entire lives in the West, are vulnerable to being recruited by terrorists. So, as long as their are individuals meeting such criteria living in the West, you'll never totally stop this stuff. It's like trying to stop all the non-religious crazies in America who go into schools or shopping centers and mow kids down with guns. We've not been able to stop that, so how can we stop those with the Islamic connections?

The much greater danger is if someone can get dirty small nukes across our borders and detonate one. Or they can seriously attack some major item of infrastructure. Over in the Middle East, the challenge is to deny them territory, financing, oil, all of that. Keep them marginalized to the point that they cannot become a serious threat to their neighbors or us. And you don't wait until they are a serious power to be reckoned with before you begin to engage them. Far easier when they are small.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

No one is looking at the main reason that it is the west's endless meddling in the middle east for decades that gave birth to OBL and others etc. The problem is not refugees, it's the way the west meddle with their elections, install corrupt leaders, drone strikes killing civilians and lots of other things. It's simply a long-term consequence of what has been happening for so long.

To simply say it's radical Islam is only seeing the half picture, why are they being radicalized at all? And why wasn't this happening earlier? Sometimes it's good to review one's own actions as well and maybe learn from those. Not saying people don't hate the west, but you gotta ask why.

You can't expect to invade someone's house and carry your will against them when and where and then not expect retaliation of any kind. That's unrealistic.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

neo-x wrote:No one is looking at the main reason that it is the west's endless meddling in the middle east for decades that gave birth to OBL and others etc. The problem is not refugees, it's the way the west meddle with their elections, install corrupt leaders, drone strikes killing civilians and lots of other things. It's simply a long-term consequence of what has been happening for so long.

To simply say it's radical Islam is only seeing the half picture, why are they being radicalized at all? And why wasn't this happening earlier? Sometimes it's good to review one's own actions as well and maybe learn from those. Not saying people don't hate the west, but you gotta ask why.

You can't expect to invade someone's house and carry your will against them when and where and then not expect retaliation of any kind. That's unrealistic.
Look, dude. My country (nor any country in Eastern Europe) meddled with Middle East/Africa/whatever yet we are facing the consequences. The reality is that USA is the major factor that destabilizes mentioned areas and none of us (not even our cucked masochistic insane governments) can impact the decision of such a major world power or impact the cause (the root) of radicalized Islam and invading/annihilating someone's house.

So, we are faced with the consequences despite not being the cause of them....

Aaaand there will be blood. Lots of it in the coming years.