Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Post by edwardmurphy »

No, Abe, it isn't. And no, you didn't. Your guy got in trouble for passing out fliers about how homosexuals wanted to promote their "filth" and "perversion," not for preaching that the Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman. If you can't see the difference, well, I guess that makes no difference. The Canadian Supreme Court could.

Incidentally, it wouldn't kill you to dig a little deeper on occasion.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:No, Abe, it isn't. And no, you didn't. Your guy got in trouble for passing out fliers about how homosexuals wanted to promote their "filth" and "perversion," not for preaching that the Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman. If you can't see the difference, well, I guess that makes no difference. The Canadian Supreme Court could.

Incidentally, it wouldn't kill you to dig a little deeper on occasion.
The problem is it does not matter what he was passing out,he should have the freedom of speech to do it,just like liberals passing out fliers promoting same-sex marriages.I'm not for censorship like you are.Also it is considered "hate speech" in Canada to preach against same-sex marriages and it effects the way pastors in Canada prepare their sermons.They are intimidated by the state by political correctness upheld by the law to not rock the boat too much about same-sex marriages.Freedom of speech is about protecting speech we find offensive and appalling.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

First off, I'm not opposed to the 1st Amendment. Stop lying.

Second, he'd have had the freedom to preach whatever hateful nonsense he wanted to in the US, but Canada has different laws than we do. I know this because I like to know what I'm talking about so I did a bit of research. You should try it. It would help a lot with your gullibility problem.

Third, I have yet to see a shred of evidence that a Canadian preacher can't say that gay marriage is a sin. You haven't provided any, and I haven't found any on my own. If what you're claiming is true you should have no difficulty backing it up.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:First off, I'm not opposed to the 1st Amendment. Stop lying.

Second, he'd have had the freedom to preach whatever hateful nonsense he wanted to in the US, but Canada has different laws than we do. I know this because I like to know what I'm talking about so I did a bit of research. You should try it. It would help a lot with your gullibility problem.

Third, I have yet to see a shred of evidence that a Canadian preacher can't say that gay marriage is a sin. You haven't provided any, and I haven't found any on my own. If what you're claiming is true you should have no difficulty backing it up.
I'm going based on what you typed out.I'm glad to hear you say you're not opposed to the 1st Ammendment but liberals are.I have provided enough evidence already to make my point about how much of a friendly gesture it was to Christians when he signed that executive order. I know that there are nay-sayers about it too,I have read from different perspectives but the bottom line is that Trump signed it when he did'nt have to.At the very least it shows that Trump does not want the IRS to target Christians for preaching or speaking out politically,keep in mind that there are Christians on the left also.I think I have made my point,although I know there are still Donald Trump nay-sayers out there.But I'm not and I'm making a point about why Christians should be thanking Donald Trump.I can't control if they do,or not but I'm trying to convince them.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Liberals, generally speaking, aren't opposed to the 1st Amendment. There are some on the fringes - both left and right - that would like to see it selectively applied, but they're not worth taking seriously.

The executive order was mostly symbolic - the IRS doesn't even try to enforce that law. But sure, go ahead and celebrate. It's not like Sideshow Don has given you much else, so take what you can.

And finally, I'm not asking you to prove that Christians should thank Trump. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. What I'm asking for is evidence of your claim that all criticism of gay marriage is legally classified as hate speech in Canada. That's not a matter of opinion.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

And people are wondering why members are leaving this forum in droves...

It took me a while, but I finally figured it out. ACB and edwardmurphy are illuminati infiltrators, sent by Satan himself, to ruin this forum!

#illuminati #bilderburgers #build-a-bearWorkshop
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Well now I feel sad...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Well now I feel sad...
Buck up little camper!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

:lol:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:And people are wondering why members are leaving this forum in droves...

It took me a while, but I finally figured it out. ACB and edwardmurphy are illuminati infiltrators, sent by Satan himself, to ruin this forum!

#illuminati #bilderburgers #build-a-bearWorkshop

Iluminati? Satan? I'm against both.But if the duscussions we have on here bother people so much I don't see how.Perhaps there are other reasons people are leaving this forum,if they are.I like some of the discussions we have on here even if we disagree.I hope people don't need safe spaces.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Oh, please. I saw you at the last Satanist Illuminati mixer. You brought brownies. Now here you are pretending that you're not a member of our group. That's pretty weak, Abe.
Littlefinger
Newbie Member

Post by Littlefinger »

RickD wrote:Dear Mr. Trump,

Thank you for not being Hillary Clinton. That's why you got my vote.

Sincerely,

Conservative America
y**==
That argument makes no sense especially not from a Theist point of view. That's like arguing to be a communist because at least it is not Nazism. Or support a rapist because at least he is not a terrorist. It is not a very moral position that is for sure, but it explains why you and others have voted for Trump, but it is a horrible reason, and I have no doubt that we will pay a terrible price for it. I have yet to meet a single person outside of the US who has not been negatively impacted by this already, and even in the US. Trump did not get the majority vote.

From a Christian perspective it makes even less sense. What true Christian could justify supporting a man who stands for virtually the opposite of what they claim to? Would any disciple or apostle in the Bible have supported Trump? No way! And this is despite that they lived in a world which crucified a innocent man and tortured him to death.

I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I would have supported giving a man like Trump so much power.
We obviously don't have much in common. :econfused:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Would any disciple or apostle in the Bible have supported Trump? No way!
Clearly, millions of them did! And the reason is NOT because they thought tremendously highly of Trump. It's, as Rick intoned, that Hillary and co. was perceived as far more dangerous and corrupt. Her values alone, as how they would play out in court picks, would have been a nightmare. And so, for millions of Christians, they were forced to pick - not between a wonderful candidate and a terrible one, but between a flawed one and a much worse one, in my opinion. Millions of us have seen the results of the policies over the previous 8 years - and we are upset. One has to choose to ride from the horses available - in this case, people made a tough decision that they wished they'd had a better candidate. BTW, BOTH parties have corrupt people in them - shouldn't be any surprise there. People tend to act as if there are only sinners and saints - but that's not the real world.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Littlefinger wrote:
RickD wrote:Dear Mr. Trump,

Thank you for not being Hillary Clinton. That's why you got my vote.

Sincerely,

Conservative America
y**==
That argument makes no sense especially not from a Theist point of view. That's like arguing to be a communist because at least it is not Nazism. Or support a rapist because at least he is not a terrorist. It is not a very moral position that is for sure, but it explains why you and others have voted for Trump, but it is a horrible reason, and I have no doubt that we will pay a terrible price for it. I have yet to meet a single person outside of the US who has not been negatively impacted by this already, and even in the US. Trump did not get the majority vote.

From a Christian perspective it makes even less sense. What true Christian could justify supporting a man who stands for virtually the opposite of what they claim to? Would any disciple or apostle in the Bible have supported Trump? No way! And this is despite that they lived in a world which crucified a innocent man and tortured him to death.

I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I would have supported giving a man like Trump so much power.
We obviously don't have much in common. :econfused:

You must love abortion then because Trump has done more for the pro-life movement than any other Republican since Roe vs Wade.All other Republicans did not do anything about it,Trump has.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Really? What has he done?