Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:Really? What has he done?
Re-read the point of this thread.I have already explained how.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Got it. So...

1) Defunded Planned Parenthood. That was stupid and will likely lead to more unplanned pregnancies and more abortions. Social conservatives have always been penny-smart, pound-stupid on that one. Also, that was Paul Ryan, not Trump. Oh, and it was done as part of a health care bill that's going nowhere and is unlikely ever to become law.

2) Appointed a conservative judge. Trump did nothing. All of the credit should go to Mitch McConnell for screwing Obama out of his presidential perogative to fill the vacancy and then for eliminating the filibuster on SCOTUS nominees to jam through the guy that Trump was told to put forward. All Trump was pick a name off of the list that the Federalist Society gave him.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I have to agree with Ed here, these really aren't accomplishments.

If it was total defunding of planned parenthood, and it went completely private and slowly dwindled away to nothing, then that would be worthwhile.

If we had 9 Justice Scalia's on the SCOTUS, then that would be something. Better yet, 9 Patrick Henry's, (or Patricia Henry) or people who shared and understood the Founder's ideals. People who loved this country as it was founded, through word and deeds. Then I'd call it a victory.

All we have done is shifted the car to neutral as we head toward the cliff. Why not reverse? Better yet, a 180 turn around and put us back on the road of progress? Whatever Trump can do, there's always better. That's why I'm just not impressed with him yet. I have cautious optimism though, let's see where this goes.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Hortator wrote:I have to agree with Ed here, these really aren't accomplishments.

If it was total defunding of planned parenthood, and it went completely private and slowly dwindled away to nothing, then that would be worthwhile.

If we had 9 Justice Scalia's on the SCOTUS, then that would be something. Better yet, 9 Patrick Henry's, (or Patricia Henry) or people who shared and understood the Founder's ideals. People who loved this country as it was founded, through word and deeds. Then I'd call it a victory.

All we have done is shifted the car to neutral as we head toward the cliff. Why not reverse? Better yet, a 180 turn around and put us back on the road of progress? Whatever Trump can do, there's always better. That's why I'm just not impressed with him yet. I have cautious optimism though, let's see where this goes.
OK then can you explain what other Republicans did for the pro-life movement?I mean they have ran on the pro-life pltform for years and years.Did they defund planned parenthood? Did they put a conservative on the Supreme court that could lead to Roe Vs Wade being overturned and sent back to the states? I'm not claiming Trump has already overturned Roe vs Wade at all.But he has done more for the pro-life movemant while people doubted he was even pro-life than any other Republican who has had years to do the things Trump has already in just four months. This is huge,compared to what all other Republicans have done when they had the chance.Roe vs Wade could very well be overturned now in the future and planned parenthood is defunded. I though it was awesome in the dabate when Hillary was defending partial birth abortion and Donald Trump told her that is wrong!

For alot of Christians abortion is their number 1 issue,they will not vote for anybody if they are not pro-life.I remember during the primaries trying to convince Christians to vote for Trump and they doubted he was pro-life because of his past and said they would not vote for him.I told them he changed his mind about it,they did not believe it,and yet Trump has delivered far more in just four months than the Republicans ever have for the pro-life movement.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:I remember Christians not necessarily believing Donald Trump was a Christian eventhough he said he was.I remember Ted Cruz fans doubting Trump is pro-life because he had been pro-choice for years up until he ran for President and so he is not really pro-life.Eventhough Donald Trump explained that he changed his mind after a conversation with a loved one.These people were wrong because Donald Trump has done more for us pro-lifers than any other Republican has..

And before Donald Trump even ran for President he met with Christian ministries and leaders and asked them why they don't speak out more politically and they told him we would lose our tax exempt status and he told them that he wants to change that if he wins and yet he recently signed an executive order which helps to fulfill this promise.I mean he could have done just like the rest of Republicans have and done nothing after he won.but he has kept his promises,atleast so far.

Alot of Trump nay-sayers who are Christians have turned out to be wrong about Donald Trump and they secretly still long for Ted Cruz eventhough I doubt even he would have done what Donald Trump has. Ted Cruz is why we now have John Roberts who voted for Obamacare twice and Ted Cruz lied about it when Donald Trump called him on it during one of the debates.Donald Trump has delivered and has kept his word to us Christians.

Let's see him move the embassy to Jerusalem.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

ultimate777 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:I remember Christians not necessarily believing Donald Trump was a Christian eventhough he said he was.I remember Ted Cruz fans doubting Trump is pro-life because he had been pro-choice for years up until he ran for President and so he is not really pro-life.Eventhough Donald Trump explained that he changed his mind after a conversation with a loved one.These people were wrong because Donald Trump has done more for us pro-lifers than any other Republican has..

And before Donald Trump even ran for President he met with Christian ministries and leaders and asked them why they don't speak out more politically and they told him we would lose our tax exempt status and he told them that he wants to change that if he wins and yet he recently signed an executive order which helps to fulfill this promise.I mean he could have done just like the rest of Republicans have and done nothing after he won.but he has kept his promises,atleast so far.

Alot of Trump nay-sayers who are Christians have turned out to be wrong about Donald Trump and they secretly still long for Ted Cruz eventhough I doubt even he would have done what Donald Trump has. Ted Cruz is why we now have John Roberts who voted for Obamacare twice and Ted Cruz lied about it when Donald Trump called him on it during one of the debates.Donald Trump has delivered and has kept his word to us Christians.

I think that politically we are in a storm and certian people are looking at the winds,the waves crashing,etc as they are in the boat,but I'm in the boat too but I'm looking at the goal and purpose of what we are trying to get done and focusing on that.We will come through this political storm much better off after we get through it and the church will be better off and more blessed eventually after we get through this massive political storm.

Here watch these and just see what you think.Could these prophecies be unfolding?
Behold! The man standing in Jerusalem(Kim Clement prophecy unfolding)
https://youtu.be/7eG7-aSCazs

And this one.
Donald Trump shatters NWO(Mark Taylor prophecy unfolding)
https://youtu.be/W_15TyRCYOA

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:

I think that politically we are in a storm and certian people are looking at the winds,the waves crashing,etc as they are in the boat,but I'm in the boat too but I'm looking at the goal and purpose of what we are trying to get done and focusing on that.We will come through this political storm much better off after we get through it and the church will be better off and more blessed eventually after we get through this massive political storm.

Here watch these and just see what you think.Could these prophecies be unfolding?

And this one.
Kim Clement was a word-faith heretic, and a false prophet who put on emotional shows to fleece the flock.

http://www.endtime-prophets.com/kimclement.html

And,
We've already shown Mark Taylor is a false prophet, who falsely predicted that Trump would be president in 2012.

ACB,

Please stop this nonsense.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:

And this one.
Kim Clement was a word-faith heretic, and a false prophet who put on emotional shows to fleece the flock.

And,
We've already shown Mark Taylor is a false prophet, who falsely predicted that Trump would be president in 2012.

ACB,

OK,if you feel this way I will,but I'm not convinced these are false prophecies as they seem to be unfolding as was prophecied.But I respect your wishes so I will refrain.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:

And this one.

And,

ACB,

OK,if you feel this way I will,but I'm not convinced these are false prophecies as they seem to be unfolding as was prophecied.But I respect your wishes so I will refrain.
To be clear, I'm not asking as a moderator. I'm asking as a concerned fellow Christian.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:

And this one.

And,

ACB,

To be clear, I'm not asking as a moderator. I'm asking as a concerned fellow Christian.

OK but I'm concerned myself as I know there are alot of false prophets out there but I've known about these prophecies for awhile now and have been kinda keeping up with them as we go to see if they are legit.I think that if somebody has not really known about them and they are new to it red flags will come up. But one of the sources I get my news from brings up these prophecies sometimes and so it is something that I've been aware of for awhile now trying to see if they are legit.

I think they are and when I hear these prophecies they seem to resonate with me because they are things I have been aware of for years and things I can see how we have been praying for these things to happen and Donald Trump seems to be the only one in a long time that can bring these changes about.

So I hope these are true prophecies and I think they are. I do believe God chose Donald Trump to restore America and to take back what has been stolen from America and that the gospel can go forth because of these things happening much easier than the way things are now.I do believe that Donald Trump will bring down the establishment/deep state in Washington and clean up Washington.These are things I think we have been praying for for years.For somebody to do something about the NWO and Donald Trump can do it and it has been prophecied that he will.This would be a good thing and it would greatly improve things for America.

I do believe the church will be more blessed and will be able to spread the gospel around the world much easier after Donald Trump is done.I do believe it is God's will for these things to happen.I do believe that God is dissatisfied with both parties in Washington and this is why he chose Donald Trump at this time to bring about these changes to vastly improve America.I do believe that they will call for his impeachment but that it will not work because God has chosen Donald Trump at this time and they are fighting God's will.

I do believe these things. But I realize that Donald Trump must deliver but so far he has unless you're just nit-picking not looking at the big picture of the things that can be accomplished.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

OK If you think these are false prophets and you believe these are false prophecies then maybe you'll listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Here check this out.
Democrats upset with Trump's huge success in the Middle East.(I think it should be called Washington upset with Trump's huge success in the Middle East)
https://youtu.be/n-tPotwCcpk

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

abelcainsbrother wrote:OK If you think these are false prophets and you believe these are false prophecies then maybe you'll listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Here check this out.
Democrats upset with Trump's huge success in the Middle East.(I think it should be called Washington upset with Trump's huge success in the Middle East)
See, Rush uses "wisdom guided by experience"

I'm sure you're well-read ACB, but not as much as Rush, no offense.

And I agree with Rick, as a fellow concerned Christian, we were warned away from this kind of behavior. I don't want to see your faith or relationship with God corrupted by a petty political feud on earth. It's low and vulgar to bring God into politics, He deserves better.

I'm reminded of a scene from king of the hill:

Christian Skater: Bro I feel the Holy Spirit every time I shred, don't you think Jesus is on that half-pipe right now?

Hank: I'm sure he's in a lot of places he doesn't want to be.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Hortator wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:OK If you think these are false prophets and you believe these are false prophecies then maybe you'll listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Here check this out.
See, Rush uses "wisdom guided by experience"

I'm sure you're well-read ACB, but not as much as Rush, no offense.

And I agree with Rick, as a fellow concerned Christian, we were warned away from this kind of behavior. I don't want to see your faith or relationship with God corrupted by a petty political feud on earth. It's low and vulgar to bring God into politics, He deserves better.

I'm reminded of a scene from king of the hill:

Christian Skater: Bro I feel the Holy Spirit every time I shred, don't you think Jesus is on that half-pipe right now?

Hank: I'm sure he's in a lot of places he doesn't want to be.

Yeah,I know but I actually think this idea that God should not be in politics is one of the reasons the church has been attacked politically.We just vote pretty much and leave it at that,when if every Christian in America just voted for just morality our country would be totally different. We cannot be the salt and light in our world when we don't do much of anything to change things.Liberals control virtually everything in this country and it has hurt America.And politically we have not had a real chance like we do now to really bring about some positive change for America and if we don't do it now,when will we?

So we just sit back and pray and that is all? No it requires more than just prayer to make the kind of positive changes that we need for our country. So if Christians brought God into politics America would not be ruled by liberals who have done so much damage to America while the Republicans allow them too so that Donald Trump has to clean up the mess caused by them and we are told to let him do it on his own when he needs our support to change things.Donald Trump needs for us to get behind him and support him in order to truly improve things for America.

Also How many more people on the right are we going to allow these liberals to take out before we stand up and take their people out? They just took out Sean Hannity at Fox News and yet we as usual just sit back and take it? No we need to unite and kick these libs out of office for continuing to use lies and slander to take out those on the right. We cannot be wimps and let liberals get away with it.We are going to take out liberals instead and fight politically for the things we want,like they do. Or we will not have change. Let's not let the left intimidate us politically,lets stand up to them and fight back like they do.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote:if every Christian in America just voted for just morality our country would be totally different.
Holy blind spot, Batman!