Well Trump fired... Comey

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Well Trump fired... Comey

Post by B. W. »

Well, Trump fired FBI director Comey... what do you all think about this?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Well Trump fired...

Post by Hortator »

It would have happened under Hillary anyway. Comey is proof that if you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Any Joe citizen that had done what Hillary did with classified info would have been toast! Comey hated getting caught between political forces - but that's just the nature of the job. He should have done his duty! Funny, the Democrats hate him, blame him for the election loss, but then they are upset Trump fired him? Get real!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Who will he replace him with is a better question. My vote is for Gowdy. :)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

B. W. wrote:Well, Trump fired FBI director Comey... what do you all think about this?
Well Comey apparently just asked the Justice Dept. for more resources for his Russia investigation.
And Trump did what any corrupt authoritarian would do... fire the guy leading the Russia investigation.

It was really a stupid move IMHO. Impeding a Federal investigation is an impeachable offense (think Nixon). But with Republicans in control of both houses of Congress, Trump might actually be able to get away with it.

BTW... I am making no judgement on whether or not Comey deserved to be fired. The big issue here is that Trump fired Comey right after Comey apparently asked for more resources for the Russia investigation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Word on the street is Jared Kushner will be appointed head of the FBI. I believe he will lead an unbiased investigation of the president.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

DBowling wrote:
B. W. wrote:Well, Trump fired FBI director Comey... what do you all think about this?
Well Comey apparently just asked the Justice Dept. for more resources for his Russia investigation.
And Trump did what any corrupt authoritarian would do... fire the guy leading the Russia investigation.

It was really a stupid move IMHO. Impeding a Federal investigation is an impeachable offense (think Nixon). But with Republicans in control of both houses of Congress, Trump might actually be able to get away with it.

BTW... I am making no judgement on whether or not Comey deserved to be fired. The big issue here is that Trump fired Comey right after Comey apparently asked for more resources for the Russia investigation.
I'm sure Russia will welcome the decision. Now Trump can talk freely with Russia (like he's now doing with Lavrov). :)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

-
-
-
I think this is eventually going to lead to the swamp being drained in Washington.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I think that he deserved to be fired, but I also completely agree with this:
DBowling wrote:Well Comey apparently just asked the Justice Dept. for more resources for his Russia investigation.

The cries for an independent investigation on Russia are going to be deafening before too long.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Did you guys see how happy Lavrov was when hearing Comey was fired? Trump certainly knows how to role out the carpet to Russia. :P
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kurieuo wrote:Did you guys see how happy Lavrov was when hearing Comey was fired? Trump certainly knows how to role out the carpet to Russia. :P
It is kinda funny that the day after he fires Comey he meets with the Russian when the Democrats believe this "Russia helped Trump win" conspiracy theory.He has them all riled up now.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Did you guys see how happy Lavrov was when hearing Comey was fired? Trump certainly knows how to role out the carpet to Russia. :P
It is kinda funny that the day after he fires Comey he meets with the Russian when the Democrats believe this "Russia helped Trump win" conspiracy theory.He has them all riled up now.
Fun fact: "President Lyndon B. Johnson was known as an owner of an Amphicar. Johnson, a known practical joker, was said to enjoy frightening visitors at his Johnson City, Texas ranch by driving them downhill in his Amphicar, directly into his property's lake, all the while shouting that he had malfunctioning brakes." (Wikipedia)

If President Donald Trump has a kink, I think he enjoys messing with and riling up the media :lol:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: BTW... I am making no judgement on whether or not Comey deserved to be fired.
Good thing, because he didn't do his job. Potential Russian meddling IS a big deal. They ALWAYS have tried - if now more and more sophisticated in their capabilities. It SHOULD be investigated. But they've been hacking us forever, but only now is it suddenly being paid attention to - in a big part due to the false narrative on the left ("The Russians stole the election!"). Comey is skilled at playing the Washington political game. And he's been there so long that he cleverly avoids any perceived bi-partisan quagmire that puts the FBI right in the thick of it. But that's the nature of the beast - it's what the job sometimes requires. We just don't need people who decide WHICH serious wrongdoing to go after - that should be a given. If he needed more funding or people, say so. And, let's not forget, IF the Russians hacked, they did not edit the info - as it is precisely the secrets within WHAT was leaked, that MIGHT have impacted the election - the dirty goings on, the total lack of protecting national data and secrets. And even THAT wouldn't have been possible without Hillary and the DNC's slopping handling of data - particularly data with national security info on it. So, as for the DNC and the HIllBillies - not one shred of credibility on this issue. Zilch! SHOULD there be an investigation into whatever the Russians might have done? Absolutely! It's not an "either/or" scenario - and yet, that is exactly how Comey played his hand - depending upon who and what alignments could cause him the most trouble.

We need a replacement with unshakable integrity, who is not a Washington insider, with impeccable credentials - who will go WHEREVER serious transgressions lead. And I don't know how to structure it, but that position needs to be truly independent, but yet accountable to Congress - yep, how to do, how to do?
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

DBowling wrote:

Finally some sense:)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Hortator wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Fun fact: "President Lyndon B. Johnson was known as an owner of an Amphicar. Johnson, a known practical joker, was said to enjoy frightening visitors at his Johnson City, Texas ranch by driving them downhill in his Amphicar, directly into his property's lake, all the while shouting that he had malfunctioning brakes." (Wikipedia)

If President Donald Trump has a kink, I think he enjoys messing with and riling up the media :lol:
Just needs to announce a special investigation team being setup for Hillary. Maybe the media can also be put on trial for treason.