Well Trump fired... Comey

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Well Trump fired...

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:
Hortator wrote:The impeachment process in America is a bit of a joke.
Andrew Johnson - 35:19, 1 vote short of conviction in the senate.
Richard Nixon - Resigned prior to vote.
William Clinton - 1st count, 45:55, 2nd count 50:50

There is no way an impeachment, even one driven by the GOP, could get a 2/3rds majority in the senate.
A joke? Impeachment is 1 for 3. Sure, Nixon wasn't actually impeached, but he was so certain of the outcome that he resigned in disgrace. That's a clear win for the process. I think that seems pretty good. The bar is high enough to prevent impeachment from being used to dump a president for purely political reasons, but it's still attainable.

I don't know much about Johnson, but Clinton was impeached at a time when the economy was doing well, the nation was at peace, and Slick Willie was pretty popular. Beyond that, the crimes they impeached him for - perjury and obstruction of justice - had nothing to do with his job performance or his administration. Not only that, but his approval ratings actually went up throughout the scandal and during his trial. He a slimy guy, but he was a popular and effective President. There was no political risk for a Democrat who voted to acquittal, so obviously they did.

Trump is a different story. He lost the popular vote badly. His approval rating is at 40% and falling and he's been producing scandals as reliably as an Advent Calendar produces chocolate. They're discussing obstruction of justice in the halls of Congress, while the FBI tees off on Manafort and Flynn and a politically untouchable special prosecutor probes for evidence of Russian interference in the election. And it's only Day 117. If Trump is impeached by the House it will be because the Republicans believe that any other move would be politically catastrophic for them. I think that we'll get there sooner or later. And when we do there will be almost no upside for any Senator to vote to acquit, so they won't.
Hortator wrote:On a more important note, how far down the ladder is Ben Carson? Maybe we could get him instead, just sayin'
He's #13.
Trump won't be impeached so don't get your hopes up.This is just going to backfire on Washington and the MSM.We have solid evidence on tape that the Democratic Party committed vote fraud,and losing but winning by popular vote by such a large margin is even more evidence of vote fraud. I know you don't believe it,but people in the Democrat Party can be prosecuted for it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

Comey is an embarrassment to the badge. He had all the spine of a jellyfish and none of the integrity of jellyfish. Comey was playing political politics long before Trump was a household name. He thought he could continue his game under Trump, likely thinking he was safe in his position. Well, Trump is not status quo, slimy, corrupt politician which is the norm in The Swamp. Comey has now figured out Trump was serious but too late.

If I was in Trump's shoes Comey would have been burnt toast months ago and exposed for the unreliable, political gameplayer, two-faced liar that he is. If you can't trust the badge from street cop rookie to FBI Director, then that person has to go NOW!! Comey was not only now doing his by not upholding the Constitution he swore to uphold, but nobody in any party or position could trust anything he said, his track record undermined the ground under his feet. So he has no one to blame but himself.

He violated a "motto" I developed as a young street cop...."I'd rather have people mad at for doing my job correctly, than have people mad at me for not doing my job the way I should".

If Trump wants to pull more drains in the putrid swamp of D.C., Sheriff Clarke of Milwaukee is my No.1 choice. He's the kind of guy I'd be happy to leave retirement and work for. And that is the highest compliment I can give a human.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

JButler wrote:Comey is an embarrassment to the badge. He had all the spine of a jellyfish and none of the integrity of jellyfish. Comey was playing political politics long before Trump was a household name. He thought he could continue his game under Trump, likely thinking he was safe in his position. Well, Trump is not status quo, slimy, corrupt politician which is the norm in The Swamp. Comey has now figured out Trump was serious but too late.

If I was in Trump's shoes Comey would have been burnt toast months ago and exposed for the unreliable, political gameplayer, two-faced liar that he is. If you can't trust the badge from street cop rookie to FBI Director, then that person has to go NOW!! Comey was not only now doing his by not upholding the Constitution he swore to uphold, but nobody in any party or position could trust anything he said, his track record undermined the ground under his feet. So he has no one to blame but himself.

He violated a "motto" I developed as a young street cop...."I'd rather have people mad at for doing my job correctly, than have people mad at me for not doing my job the way I should".

If Trump wants to pull more drains in the putrid swamp of D.C., Sheriff Clarke of Milwaukee is my No.1 choice. He's the kind of guy I'd be happy to leave retirement and work for. And that is the highest compliment I can give a human.
Trump gave Comey a chance to straighten up,but he did'nt and so he had to let him go.He also did not want to investigate and prosecute certian things Trump does and would have continued to cover for the corruption in Washington.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

I know it's extremely unlikely...

But as each day goes by, I'm hoping against hope that Mueller will be the catalyst that somehow drains the chaos and corruption out of the White House...
... and gives us President Pence.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

But as each day goes by, I'm hoping against hope that Mueller will be the catalyst that somehow drains the chaos and corruption out of the White House...
Yes, strange how things might work. Let's face it, without Trump, we'd be looking at Slick Willy for a First Dude! :esurprised: And THAT woman - oh the humanity!
JButler
Established Member

Post by JButler »

Philip wrote:
Yes, strange how things might work. Let's face it, without Trump, we'd be looking at Slick Willy for a First Dude! :esurprised: And THAT woman - oh the humanity!
I agree. Trump labeled Jeb Bush as "low energy", which I thought was pretty accurate, . But that "low energy" tag could be stuck on every Republican candidate along with the label "uninspiring" and "milk toast".
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:

Undisputably better than what we have.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

B. W. wrote:Well, Trump fired FBI director Comey... what do you all think about this?
-
-
-

Unlike Trump, Comey is flawed but not evil.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ultimate777 wrote:
B. W. wrote:Well, Trump fired FBI director Comey... what do you all think about this?
-
-
-

Unlike Trump, Comey is flawed but not evil.
True but also let us not forget Hilary and all the Dem's... how about an independent investigation sought on this?

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal - JO BECKER and MIKE McINTIRE APRIL 23, 2015

Mueller shouldn’t forget to investigate Clinton's Russia ties during Trump probe, PETER FLAHERTY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 05/18/17 01:40 PM EDT
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

DBowling wrote:I know it's extremely unlikely...

Not going to happen.I do think it is possible Pence will be elected for President after eight years of Trump though.By that time the swamp will be drained and Pence would make a good President,but not as long as the corruption in Washington remains.The corruption in Washington is going to have to be cleaned out first and Pence is too nice to clean it out.He would be controlled by political correctness just like they are trying to do to Trump,but it does not work on Trump and it is a good thing.They are trying to force Trump to be Jeb Bush,but it is not going to work.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Seems the tables have been turned on the Russia narrative now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ofeUHydHAs
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Seems the tables have been turned on the Russia narrative now too.

I've been telling everybody since early in the election if the MSM reports something,believe the opposite.And now after months of Trump being accused of colluding with the Russians we now know that it was Hillary and The Democrats that were the ones colluding with the Russians. I said months ago in this thread that this would backfire on the Democrats and MSM and eventually lead to the swamp being drained. I told ya'll that Trump is gathering evidence and that he will hit back at the right time and he is and he will do far greater damage to his political oppnents than they did to him and yet he is and will contnue to.I told ya'll that Trump is a brawler,you hit him and he is going to hit you back harder and this is what he has been doing since he got in the election and he still is.This is now backfiring on Hillary the Democrats and the liberal MSM propagada news,the Bush family who were working together to try to take out Trump. JFK info being released by Trump too.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Seems the tables have been turned on the Russia narrative now too.

I've been telling everybody since early in the election if the MSM reports something,believe the opposite.And now after months of Trump being accused of colluding with the Russians we now know that it was Hillary and The Democrats that were the ones colluding with the Russians. I said months ago in this thread that this would backfire on the Democrats and MSM and eventually lead to the swamp being drained. I told ya'll that Trump is gathering evidence and that he will hit back at the right time and he is and he will do far greater damage to his political oppnents than they did to him and yet he is and will contnue to.I told ya'll that Trump is a brawler,you hit him and he is going to hit you back harder and this is what he has been doing since he got in the election and he still is.This is now backfiring on Hillary the Democrats and the liberal MSM propaganda news,the Bush family who were working together to try to take out Trump. JFK info being released by Trump too.

DBowling
Ultimate Member

The First Charges

Post by DBowling »

A Grand Jury has approved the first charges filed in the Mueller investigation. We don't know who the person is or what the charges are yet. We should find out on Monday.

Any guesses on who is the first to be charged?
I don't know anything more than anyone else, but my wild guess is Manifort.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: The First Charges

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:A Grand Jury has approved the first charges filed in the Mueller investigation. We don't know who the person is or what the charges are yet. We should find out on Monday.

Any guesses on who is the first to be charged?
I don't know anything more than anyone else, but my wild guess is Manifort.
I think it has to be Crooked Hillary. Trump made a campaign promise to put Hillary in prison. I'm holding him to that promise. :beat:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony