LGBTQ

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

LGBTQ

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Just curious, if homosexuals, bisexuals, and maybe transgender (not sure) are born that way, then why is there a Questioning aspect of LGBTQ?
To be clear, I'm not trying to hate on anyone, I'm just questioning.
I've heard both yes and no for transgender being born that way.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: LGBTQ

Post by Nessa »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Just curious, if homosexuals, bisexuals, and maybe transgender (not sure) are born that way, then why is there a Questioning aspect of LGBTQ?
I believe people can be born with genetic dispositions.

For example there is a disposition for anxiety in my family. Maybe for others its alcoholism.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Just curious, if homosexuals, bisexuals, and maybe transgender (not sure) are born that way, then why is there a Questioning aspect of LGBTQ?

For example there is a disposition for anxiety in my family. Maybe for others its alcoholism.
I agree, there is some evidence homosexuality can be predisposed by genes. Does that make it right though? We are also predisposed to be selfish, to lie, etc.
The media says it's good and will be biased of course but we can't hate them either. Some people are changed by Jesus, others seem to not, so I guess it takes time to change.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I agree, there is some evidence homosexuality can be predisposed by genes. Does that make it right though? We are also predisposed to be selfish, to lie, etc.
The media says it's good and will be biased of course but we can't hate them either. Some people are changed by Jesus, others seem to not, so I guess it takes time to change.
An alcoholic may always be an alcoholic but has the grace to resist. Such maybe for the homosexual.

But the difference is wordly love can be sick.

We have affairs in the name of love. Even abuse in the name of love and do terrible things. Some things are obvious to every sane person.. e.g sex with a 9 year old is wrong but other distortions of love have become shades of gray to alot of people
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

People have all manner of psychiatric issues, sometimes severe ones. So, when a person becomes convinced that their mind was put in the wrong gender body - as if God or nature goofed up - why the heck wouldn't we first highly suspect that the problem isn't the wrong body and appendages, but is actually a psychiatric dysfunction? So the solution is to start hacking off body parts and installing silicone replacement ones??? Now THAT is madness!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote:People have all manner of psychiatric issues, sometimes severe ones. So, when a person becomes convinced that their mind was put in the wrong gender body - as if God or nature goofed up - why the heck wouldn't we first highly suspect that the problem isn't the wrong body and appendages, but is actually a psychiatric dysfunction? So the solution is to start hacking off body parts and installing silicone replacement ones??? Now THAT is madness!
Ive heard that too but it doesnt surprise me.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

I wonder which demon is behind all of this? Must be a powerful one since Western society is affected by the madness we're in, not just America/Canada.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Strange place to ask that question...
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I wonder which demon is behind all of this? Must be a powerful one since Western society is affected by the madness we're in, not just America/Canada.
Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were touched. Please, carry on.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:

I'd remove "genetic" and just say dispositions. Who knows how much our psyche is affected versus genetics, or both as it seems to me, being tightly knit together.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:
Strange place to ask that question...
Yes, who'd want outside the box thinking, just go for a canned response kid. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

How much longer is that acronym going to get? In some rather established circles, it's actually LGBTQIA+, with the I being "intersex" and the A being asexual. And the + being "whoever we forgot / wants to feel special."

And still even further, Dan Savage, an official-unofficial spokeshead, has claimed that it should really be LGBTQLFTSQIAP. Let me break it down,
lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, leather/fetish, two-spirit, questioning, intersex, and asexual [and polyamory] community/communities
While this isn't the stated aim of making the acronym so "unwieldly" (like a weapon, Dan?) there is an (un?)intentional consequence of this, same person:
It brings us one step closer to seizing control of the entire alphabet. While religious conservatives are fighting a losing battle to "take back the rainbow" from the gays....we've been making off with the alphabet one letter at a time. Pretty soon, angry religious conservatives will have to post their hateful screeds in hieroglyphics because using the alphabet will be just as gay as putting a rainbow bumper sticker on your car.
Lol. And this was from 2013, the third bold-faced letter down: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Sava ... d=18454499
Warning: It's Dan Savage, so you're as likely as not to see the most atrocious things the human mind can create.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Hortator wrote:Warning: It's Dan Savage, so you're as likely as not to see the most atrocious things the human mind can create.
Oh, come on. No act of consensual sex is worse than the anti-personnel mine, napalm, the atomic bomb, slavery, segregation, torture...

Really, I could go on all day.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The science is out on this as of right now.
No clear cut answer but at this stage most believe it is a combination of nature AND nurture.
Some have blatantly stated it is a form of mental disorder, like that former chief from the Mayo Clinic.
I mean, mutilating your body because you THINK you are a woman in a man's body...well...

Then there is the obvious issues of how homosexuality is evolutionary disadvantage for the human species and so forth.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

PaulSacramento wrote:Then there is the obvious issues of how homosexuality is evolutionary disadvantage for the human species and so forth.
No doubt. That's probably why we couldn't compete with the dire wolves, short faced bears, and sabre toothed cats.