Hypocrisy of the left

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:K, perhaps you're right. But perhaps the quality of this board would be better if people like you, who are capable of making a good argument and recognizing a bad one, were to chime in when someone whose views you generally support presents their ideas so poorly.
You sure have a way with words Ed. You're free to leave at any time if unhappy with the quality of this board.

I just think you're not listening/can't listen due to having entirely different philosophical underpinnings. Ice, while getting a little heated, has presenting quite a number links and the like, and has seen first-hand mass immigration go through his state. He likely also hears, even knows people, in neighbouring European states. I even hear many stories that governments in such states and the media often tend to black out, remain silent on or place an opposite spin to.

Yet, as far as I see, Ice is in a better position to know than myself in Australia where we're shielded by sea and send boat people home on their sinking ships. And, if I could make a better argument, what's the point? I have enough headaches in life without setting myself up for more -- if you haven't realised it yet, people 99.999999999% of the time won't change their minds on small issues. I don't expect you to be different.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:Wow, kiddo! As if the pictures of God-knows who doing God-knows what God-knows where weren't enough you followed up with a forum link and a questionable statistic! How am I supposed to counter that? Or more accurately, why would I even bother?

Abe, haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back. Nothing that you wrote there is factual but I'm more likely to sprout wings than convince you of that, so whatever.
Thanks for the shout out but politically speaking you my friend are already turning out to be wrong about several predictions and things you believed would happen,while I am turning out to be right about what I predicted and said would happen.It is not because I'm a prophet but just because I am much better informed than you are.I've tried to point you to better news sources than the ones you were using but you just won't cooperate.Still believe that Russia was the reason Trump won and that Trump will be impeached because he was a Russian agent?Still believe that Obama did not spy on Trump and his campaign? Do you really think things are better for the Democratic Party and they will win in 18 and gain their power back? Do you agree with me that the Democratic Party will be out of power and in the minority for a long time? Do you agree with me that Trump will drain the swamp and change things in Washington and then he will be able to get his agenda passed by Congress? Do you still doubt Sex pedo rings around the country that lead to the higher-ups in our government? Do you believe people will be prosecuted? Just wait until you see who replaces James Comey.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Still believe that Russia was the reason Trump won and that Trump will be impeached because he was a Russian agent?
I said that Russian meddling was a factor, not the sole reason for Trump's victory. And yes, I still believe that. I never said that Trump was a Russian agent, and I still don't believe that. Having said that, his behavior toward Russia is really odd and I suspect that there's a reason for that. I never said that he'd be impeached for being a Russian agent, but yes, I still think he'll be impeached. His administration is a train wreck and he's a shady guy with a checkered past. The day will come.
abelcainsbrother wrote:Still believe that Obama did not spy on Trump and his campaign?
I still haven't seen any evidence that he did.
abelcainsbrother wrote:Do you really think things are better for the Democratic Party and they will win in 18 and gain their power back?
The numbers don't look great for the Dems in 2018, so probably not. That said, Donald Trump is the reason that I'm saying "probably" rather than "definitely." He's not helping the cause any. It's possible that he'll screw things up enough to blow what should be a sure thing for the GOP.
abelcainsbrother wrote:Do you agree with me that the Democratic Party will be out of power and in the minority for a long time?
No. As I said, I find it unlikely that they'll flip the House or Senate in 2018, but if Trump continues on his current path 2020 will be a tough year for the GOP.
abelcainsbrother wrote:Do you agree with me that Trump will drain the swamp and change things in Washington and then he will be able to get his agenda passed by Congress?
No, I don't believe either of those things. As far as I can tell Sideshow Don is pretty comfortable in the swamp, and I've seen no sign that he'll do much to drain it. As I've said, he's a shady guy with a checkered past. He said what he needed to say to get into the White House, but now that he's there his main goal is to use the Presidency to enrich himself and his family. I think that he'll succeed there, and bigly.

And no, I don't see him getting his agenda passed. He's not much of a politician and he massively overpromised during the campaign. I expect that he'll keep trying, failing, and then going on TV to tell us that nobody knew how complicated the issue was.
abelcainsbrother wrote:Just wait until you see who replaces James Comey.
Don't leave me in suspense! Who's it going to be?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Just wait until you see who replaces James Comey.

Edwardmurphy wrote:
Putin.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Just wait until you see who replaces James Comey.

Edwardmurphy wrote:
Putin.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Personal experience, of someone I've been following from time-to-time recently on YouTube. She visited France, to check out firsthand any immigration issues -- since the media just cannot be trusted it seems.

Here's one of her stories of "no-go zones" in France, which apparently don't really exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=758_eiHzZqE
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)