Chemical Attack in Syria

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Chemical Attack in Syria

Post by Philip »

There's a funny (actually horrific) truth about gas attacks: People get all bent out of shape when people did from gas attacks - and far more so than they when they are killed via more traditional weaponry. The end result is the same. Burns, blindness, maiming - these all occur with more typical weapons. But GAS - ooh, that is so much worse? HOW? Whether civilians are deliberately attacked via conventional weapons or gas - the results are similarly horrific. What those so upset over the one and not the other appears to be driven by their belief that war has rules of engagement. But not in certain quarters and places - you think ISIS and whatever other evil entities over there think there are rules - heck, they slaughtering children with machetes. Media types find out gas was used - they go into meltdown. Why far more with gas - I'm not understanding.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:There's a funny (actually horrific) truth about gas attacks: People get all bent out of shape when people did from gas attacks - and far more so than they when they are killed via more traditional weaponry. The end result is the same. Burns, blindness, maiming - these all occur with more typical weapons. But GAS - ooh, that is so much worse? HOW? Whether civilians are deliberately attacked via conventional weapons or gas - the results are similarly horrific. What those so upset over the one and not the other appears to be driven by their belief that war has rules of engagement. But not in certain quarters and places - you think ISIS and whatever other evil entities over there think there are rules - heck, they slaughtering children with machetes. Media types find out gas was used - they go into meltdown. Why far more with gas - I'm not understanding.
Yes, there seems to be a "blind eye" to certain forms of violence, for example, in addition to machetes drones and bombings seem to be an acceptable means (so long as Russia doesn't do it). Not to mention a blackout on atrocities happening elsewhere. The minute Syria in mentioned, it reaches fever pitch rather quickly.

I was just surprised to see Trump so quickly change his tune. If he is sending in family to investigate, then perhaps Abe is right that Trump is second-guessing those giving him information. Though the current tune of the US, also presented to the UN, seems to have quickly become quite decisive.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Guys trump just launched a barrage of missiles against one of assads bases
Better check the news
This could get heavy
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

My stomach literally just dropped out. Sorry Abe, but Trump is now a foolish Neo-Con.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Kurieuo wrote:My stomach literally just dropped out. Sorry Abe, but Trump is now a foolish Neo-Con.
Kurieuo, something doesn't feel right about this missile attack . If it's true that Russia helped trump get elected why would trump bite the hand that helped him ?
And why would Assad launch a chemical attack when he's about to win the war and get what he wants ?

Something doesn't feel right here .
Kind of like I felt when researching the JFK assasination
Or maybe I'm overthinking as usual lol
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

My stomach literally just dropped out. Sorry Abe, but Trump is now a foolish Neo-Con.
Trump has indicated he see the neo-con actions as contrary to our interests. I doubt that has changed. But he might have responded emotionally to seeing footage of the gas attack on women and children. Would Assad be above doing such - of course not. We'll have to see what the military types say. There is a whole bunch we don't know. A peace agreement would be highly desirable, even if it protects Assad. We don't need any more instability in a large Muslim country.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:
Trump has indicated he see the neo-con actions as contrary to our interests. I doubt that has changed. But he might have responded emotionally to seeing footage of the gas attack on women and children. Would Assad be above doing such - of course not. We'll have to see what the military types say. There is a whole bunch we don't know. A peace agreement would be highly desirable, even if it protects Assad. We don't need any more instability in a large Muslim country.
If it was just an emotional reaction, than perhaps there is something scary after all with him having access to the big red nuke button. I'd have thought, like ACB, he'd have pulled back from his comments and waited for more official investigations before jumping straight to military action. The action was rash. Should have waited for a positive "whodunit" rather than simply emotionally responding to photos by white helmets of all people. Even then, what makes the US the world police? There was something more going on. Perhaps it is more the case that the oil is just too much for Tillerson not to advise having another go at destabilising Syria.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Seems pretty Syrious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:Seems pretty Syrious
y#-o
:lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

An emotional reaction from Trump?

Guys, do you really think Trump was on his own on this decision?
Isn't it more logical that his military advisors are the ones who convinced Trump that this is the right thing to do?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

RickD wrote:An emotional reaction from Trump?

Isn't it more logical that his military advisors are the ones who convinced Trump that this is the right thing to do?
Bingoooooo Rick ;)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

bippy123 wrote:

Bingoooooo Rick ;)
Already mentioned Tillerson. Then (not to get into US politics beyond the Syria issue) there was Paul Ryan with Obamacare "Lite" right? Buck stops with POTUS and he's breaking his promises, main ones, people voted him in on. Which is causing a stir even at Info Wars I see.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K's jumping the gun - we don't know what was known or what was advised. They apparently took great care to make sure there were not any Russian troops in the areas hit.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
bippy123 wrote:

Bingoooooo Rick ;)
Already mentioned Tillerson. Then (not to get into US politics beyond the Syria issue) there was Paul Ryan with Obamacare "Lite" right? Buck stops with POTUS and he's breaking his promises, main ones, people voted him in on. Which is causing a stir even at Info Wars I see.
IMO,

They need to come up with a better healthcare plan than Obamacare lite. It's a very difficult task, but it needs to get done.

K,

Which promises is Trump breaking(besides putting Hillary in prison)?

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kurieuo wrote:
bippy123 wrote:

Bingoooooo Rick ;)

There are some Trump supporters who don't like this what Trump has done,but they will be back as a Trump supporter soon once they understand why Trump did this.I still don't know yet if it was the right thing to do,but I believe Trump believes this is the right thing to do in this situation.If he finds out that he was mislead,etc about this by neo-cons,etc they will pay.But despite back seat drivers I don't think anybody knows yet if this was a bad move by Trump.And I don't see how this can be seen as Trump becoming a neo-con.This does not mean we are going to have the same policies concerning the middle east that neo-cons like. And one thing that frustrated Trump is that when we do attack you don't tell the enemy when you are gonna do it,etc so that they can prepare for it like Obama did.Trump likes an element of surprise and this was a quick strike they did not know was coming. This is also Trump sending a message to Kim Jung Un letting him know that there is a new sheriff in town,so don't mess with us,etc.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.