Kiwi Women Dominate Aussie Weight Lifting

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Kiwi Women Dominate Aussie Weight Lifting

Post by Kurieuo »

I think a congratulations is in order. This isn't your sister is it Nessa? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CByN7Js3P7U
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Kiwi Women Dominate Aussie Weight Lifting

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:I think a congratulations is in order. This isn't your sister is it Nessa? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CByN7Js3P7U
It most certainly is.

Shes the pretty one :shock:
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Isnt she lovely? y;;) We'll trade her for Nicole Kidman if you like.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Ged wrote:Isnt she lovely? y;;) We'll trade her for Nicole Kidman if you like.
Technically shes a he.... so we will trade Keith Urban thanks.... ;)

:cowboy:
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Its so darn confusing these days that you could trade 5 Arthurs for 5 Marthas and you still wouldnt know what you were getting. y:-/
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Interesting, how people think about transgendered people. Should they always be treated equally in everything? A former man / now woman dominates in powerlifting competitions - is "her" genetic-fueled advantage not grossly unfair to the other women competitors? Of course it is! But the PC crowd would have her continue to make a mockery of what should be a fair competition. What would be fair, would be to have two more categories in which only transgendered of each type (former men and former women) are only allowed to compete against either their own type or against athletes of their genetic gender.

Perhaps the Former Bruce will go on "Dancing with the Stars?"

Welcome to the New Age! :shock:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ged wrote:Its so darn confusing these days that you could trade 5 Arthurs for 5 Marthas and you still wouldnt know what you were getting. y:-/
Kiwi men have been confusing sheep for women since the beginning of time, so this shouldn't be any more confusing.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The funny thing is that transgender people, gay people ( and all the others since there are too many to mention) don't want equality, they want SPECIAL rights.
True equality is when NO ONE is treated better than anyone else, where ALL have the same opportunities and ALL have the same problems.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

There was a UFC transgender fighter in the female competition too. Now, that's just plain stupid. Given the serious injuries can be caused in same-sex matches, let alone having men fight against women.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: Kiwi men have been confusing sheep for women since the beginning of time, so this shouldn't be any more confusing.
:pound: :shock: :esurprised:

Forget about the great mysteries of YEC vs. OEC, evolution vs. PG - far bigger question: How is Rick even still alive? y:-? y:-?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

PaulSacramento wrote:The funny thing is that transgender people, gay people ( and all the others since there are too many to mention) don't want equality, they want SPECIAL rights.
True equality is when NO ONE is treated better than anyone else, where ALL have the same opportunities and ALL have the same problems.
Really? What special rights do all of those innumerable groups want?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

edwardmurphy wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:The funny thing is that transgender people, gay people ( and all the others since there are too many to mention) don't want equality, they want SPECIAL rights.
Really? What special rights do all of those innumerable groups want?
None, Ed, none whatsoever.
What was I thinking?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Kurieuo wrote:There was a UFC transgender fighter in the female competition too. Now, that's just plain stupid. Given the serious injuries can be caused in same-sex matches, let alone having men fight against women.
One of the issues is the testing, since pro athletes in MMA ( UFC) get tested for steroids and T levels now.
The concern is what to do with a TG fighter ( male turned "female" fighting females) whoes T levels are too high for the class (female) they are fighting in.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I don't know what you were thinking, Paul. You made this broad, sweeping statement, and then declined to back it up for some reason. If you have many examples surely you could list a few. Otherwise I'm stuck telling you what you meant, which is kind of pointless.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I ain't fighting no chick who has an adam's apple! :lol: Or who can grow a better mustache than I can.

Ah, but is the word "transgendered" often not inappropriately applied? Is that a term that accurately applies to how one perceives themselves, gender-wise, or is should it be to a physical transformation? If it's a MIND thing, then why couldn't a man, who in his mind considers himself to be transgendered (meaning, as a woman, for whom nature screwed up when it issued a man's body/female brain combination) - why couldn't this (completely, physically) man, who merely thinks he's a woman, enter a women's weightlifting contest? I mean, what's the true criteria for transgendered - does it involve feminine dress, makeup and hair? Just mental self-identification? What? As it creates all kinds of confusion in how society should deal with it.

As for all of the bathroom hoopla in the U.S. - I'd say a simple rule should suffice - at least for safety purposes, if impractical for public-run stores or places to be able to know or enforce: If you consider yourself transgendered - and I don't care if you have rubber boobs, great makeup, good hair, and look pretty good in a dark bar - but if you have a PENIS, you ain't going in the bathroom with the skirt silhouette! So, Bruce should be in the room with the rest of the ones that pee standing up (he's still got his "boy!"

How crazy that this is a debate raging, a mere 60 years after the TV camera wouldn't show Elvis below the waist. Wanna ponder what's up in another 60 years? It'll probably include some legal arguments over how many sexbot wives one can have, or someone has bought one thinking it was female, and then later finds out that it was shipped as new, but was actually a used ( :esurprised: ) female sexbot, that had the parts changed out from it's original male sexbot manufacture. So, the plaintiff sues for fraudulent advertising and his (her?) emotional damages. And one of the transgendered Supreme Court robots is forced to recuse himself/herself from the case. But then after finding for the plaintiff, the case goes back to the court, because it is asserted that another robot judge had a situation of malfunctioning artificial intelligence.

Yes, written in humor, but brings up a lot of scary possibilities.