Trump: Get over it already. Move on.

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Trump: Get over it already. Move on.

Post by Kurieuo »

That goes for both extreme Trump supporters (he's in now), and those anti-Trump (whinge somewhere else).

Sure, I still follow news online which normally revolves around Trump this, Trump that. I'm just tired of seeing threads here constantly opened, and dedicated to such.

Isn't it about time we all moved on? To you know, something more like God and science.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Trump: Get over it already. Move on.

Post by Ged »

y*-:) Maybe we could go down to "End Times" and start a thread on, "The Last Trump" ? 8-}2
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Yes. In fact all over the media too, too many riots, president shaming, you know. Yahoo Answers is peeing me off with their crap but then again, it's Yahoo Answers and so it's to be expected.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Maybe this is what the whole thing really is.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vI6LGR352yE/T ... 302993.jpg

the media says this and it pulls everyone in, which makes the media say something and repeat.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

This thread is kind of amusing to me. Up until a few months ago people were making anti-Obama threads constantly, and nobody seemed to mind.

Now we have the biggest bozo in the history of presidential politics sitting in the Oval Office and we're not supposed to criticize him. Why? Because he's a Republican and his views line up with those of the majority of posters here.

I guess I can see where you're coming from, K, but it's still rank hypocrisy.

As far as not discussing God and science, that didn't bother you during the election when you were starting 5 anti-Clinton threads a day, so I'm a bit surprised that it's an issue now.

If you want to talk about God and science there's a subforum for that specific purpose. This one is for politics and world events. They're clearly labeled.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:This thread is kind of amusing to me. Up until a few months ago people were making anti-Obama threads constantly, and nobody seemed to mind.

Now we have the biggest bozo in the history of presidential politics sitting in the Oval Office and we're not supposed to criticize him. Why? Because he's a Republican and his views line up with those of the majority of posters here.

I guess I can see where you're coming from, K, but it's still rank hypocrisy.

As far as not discussing God and science, that didn't bother you during the election when you were starting 5 anti-Clinton threads a day, so I'm a bit surprised that it's an issue now.

If you want to talk about God and science there's a subforum for that specific purpose. This one is for politics and world events. They're clearly labeled.
Ed,

There's nothing wrong with criticizing President Trump, or anyone else. But when there are threads like this, it has gone beyond real criticisms.

Let's all avoid these kinds of threads please.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

POTUS is perhaps one of the most important positions in the world. So, I care so-far-as who gets elected, especially when you had who I considered such an evil in Hillary Clinton. And, I still follow what's going on. But after that, opening rather pointless threads, whining and squabbling over matters which more resemble mud-slinging attempts such as the current Obama wiretapping/Trump-Russia ties (which are going through a process)... well, I'll leave it to you Yankies for a bit. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:Let's all avoid these kinds of threads please.
No worries, I already do.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Personally, I am glad that a non-American, an uninterested party, is moderating here. I have been to too many political forums where moderators join in very deeply with the discussions and this causes friction. In the minds of normal users, disagreeing with a mod = bad, and you should avoid it. But for some reason, it's different here.

I think it goes back to our board purpose. If we wanted to be just like every other website on the internet, we could. But we decided not to, and that's what makes this place so great in my mind.