harambe and death

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

harambe and death

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Is it just me or have you noticed how people will get so angry/violent over an animal death but not as much over a human one. Including babies.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: harambe and death

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Is it just me or have you noticed how people will get so angry/violent over an animal death but not as much over a human one. Including babies.
No, never noticed.

:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Is it just me or have you noticed how people will get so angry/violent over an animal death but not as much over a human one. Including babies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otage.html

I mean the outrage is understandable....

Its not like abortion is violent or anything :econfused:

Mod edit to remove video image from displaying - View YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmBrqyBGsHs (warning: graphic)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Nessa wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otage.html

I mean the outrage is understandable....

Its not like abortion is violent or anything :econfused:

Mod edit to remove video image from displaying - View YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmBrqyBGsHs (warning: graphic)
Ik it's messed up how people will kill babies. The only reasons I can see to abort is if the kid's dead already, but that's not killing. What happened to those homes where women went and had them and their kids taken care of?
Also, yes I see the outrage in some instances, like with endangered or mistreated animals. But with Harambe the kids' life was at risk.
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

Excluding when the perpetrator goes unpunished? Not really.

People can agree killing an innocent person is a serious crime, so it virtually never goes unpunished. People just disagree on the value and innocence of animals. If the average adult were dragging a child around like Harambe was, they'd know what they were doing, so they definitely wouldn't be innocent. But if someone shot a mentally challenged person in a similar situation?

That said, the main thing that bothers me with Harambe: where were the parents? If a child ends up in a cage with a gorilla, at least one person was being inexcusably irresponsible.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

patrick wrote:Excluding when the perpetrator goes unpunished? Not really.

People can agree killing an innocent person is a serious crime, so it virtually never goes unpunished. People just disagree on the value and innocence of animals. If the average adult were dragging a child around like Harambe was, they'd know what they were doing, so they definitely wouldn't be innocent. But if someone shot a mentally challenged person in a similar situation?

That said, the main thing that bothers me with Harambe: where were the parents? If a child ends up in a cage with a gorilla, at least one person was being inexcusably irresponsible.
That's also true, and I think it was unfortunate it happened. But, part of what I'm getting at is on places like youtube where an animal will kill or harm a person they will support it or at least put the animal in a good light, ignoring the bad parts. Sure not everyone does it but it's disturbing. Remember when the alligator killed the 2 year old? There was coverage but not much said, if they killed the gator before it killed the kid would the internet blow up?
Now sure, a lot of the anger comes from animal mistreatment that happens, and that people see them as innocent and all that, which I can see and I do get upset by it.