If Trump the liar claims:

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

If Trump the liar claims:

Post by ultimate777 »

That North Korea is about to Nuke us, why would anybody take Putin's catamite at his word?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: If Trump the liar claims:

Post by Philip »

We just better hope the fat boy isn't suicidal or just plain crazy! We also better hope that he's enjoying being alive and in control. Or, if he ever grows desperate and ready to end it all, that any potential murder-suicide he might enact doesn't involve million of people. Hopefully, he has enough sane people who exert technical control over his nukes, who would like to keep seeing the sun come up. But he's learned the lessons of his father - maintain his power and lifestyle by A) maintaining international respect/fear by his weaponry; B) Keeping the NK masses largely ignorant of outside information; C) Control his people through continuous fear of what he might do; D) Maintain a continuous scapegoating some supposed boogeyman who is perennially asserted cause of NK's problems, and that justifies all of the austerity and deprivation of basic necessities and freedoms. All such dictator thugs live lives of luxury while millions of their countrymen live in terrible poverty.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

ultimate777 wrote:That North Korea is about to Nuke us, why would anybody take Putin's catamite at his word?
At this point they wouldn't, and shouldn't. North Korea doesn't currently have that capability.

If Trump were to make a realistic claim, like that NK is working on their rocket and MIRV technology, then the grown-ups would back him up and rational people would take him seriously.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Why does ANYbody take DPRK seriously? The entire Far East from China to Japan and especially South Korea would love us if we toppled Pyongyang.

NK has nukes, but they can't use them. If they bombed South Korea, the predominant winds in the region blow north west which just means the plume of radiation would kill whatever frontline soldiers are darting for Seoul with their 1950s Soviet weaponry.

Even if they bombed anyone else, they'd lose in the end.

Now I dislike needless conflict as much as any normal person, but it would be one with many benefits to come later.
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

Hortator wrote:Why does ANYbody take DPRK seriously? The entire Far East from China to Japan and especially South Korea would love us if we toppled Pyongyang.

NK has nukes, but they can't use them. If they bombed South Korea, the predominant winds in the region blow north west which just means the plume of radiation would kill whatever frontline soldiers are darting for Seoul with their 1950s Soviet weaponry.

Even if they bombed anyone else, they'd lose in the end.

Now I dislike needless conflict as much as any normal person, but it would be one with many benefits to come later.
Don't get me wrong, I just wish we had a qualified human being to run it.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I think the rest of the media would back him on that one, since it would be a real concern.