Trump saying Mexico will pay for the wall

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Trump saying Mexico will pay for the wall

Post by ultimate777 »

When someone is saying something over and over again you believe is untrue and gaining great benefit from it which may harm other people and then they start acting like they never said it is it fair to try to mitigate the harm they have done by making their life a living hell?

I believe in Trump's case it is. He kept saying over and over again that Mexico will pay for the wall. I never believed him.
But I think it helped him to get many votes to say it and it was careless at best for him to say it.

IMHO Trump having his way is bad for the country, and those who agree should use his Mexico paying promise as a club to beat him unmercifully. I call upon the mainstream media to do so and will try to get the word to them.
Maybe you can help. :ebiggrin:

The worst that can happen is Mexico pays for the wall :lol:

Does a person have to believe they are lying to lie?

Do you think Trump ever seriously believed Mexico would pay for the wall, and if he did think that, why did he?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Trump saying Mexico will pay for the wall

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Yes I think he did and that is to keep illegals out. He don't hate all Mexicans, he just wants illegals out since their illegals. It might be unfortunate but it seems to be the best option.
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Neither Mexico or the US can afford a solid, continuous wall. Something in strategic places would be more logical, and respectful speech toward neighbors would help too.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

As far as I know, Mexico is still going to pay for the wall, whether they like it or not.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

ultimate777 wrote:When someone is saying something over and over again you believe is untrue and gaining great benefit from it which may harm other people and then they start acting like they never said it is it fair to try to mitigate the harm they have done by making their life a living hell?

I believe in Trump's case it is. He kept saying over and over again that Mexico will pay for the wall. I never believed him.
But I think it helped him to get many votes to say it and it was careless at best for him to say it.

IMHO Trump having his way is bad for the country, and those who agree should use his Mexico paying promise as a club to beat him unmercifully. I call upon the mainstream media to do so and will try to get the word to them.

Do you think Trump ever seriously believed Mexico would pay for the wall, and if he did think that, why did he?
Yes and Mexico will pay for the wall.Trump is not lying.They owe America in trade defecits alot more than the wall costs,so why won't they pay for it? America has the economic advantage over any country.There are companies that have already put in bids to build the wall.It is coming and it is about time.Then they can come in legally.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Mexico is your neighbor. Stop illegal immigrants by all means, but don't be a bully.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Who will pay for the wall?
1. American taxpayers, whose tax money will go to Trump's boondoggle instead of something that actually benefits the American people
2. American consumers, who will pay more for products because of tariffs placed on the products they are purchasing
3. American farmers. Due to Trump's inflamatory rhetoric, Mexico is already drafting retaliatory legislation to decrease the amount of food that Mexico purchases from American farmers.

The people who will really end up 'paying for' Trump's Wall are the American people.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Abe, a trade deficit isn't a debt. They don't owe us anything.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Yes I think he did and that is to keep illegals out. He don't hate all Mexicans, he just wants illegals out since their illegals. It might be unfortunate but it seems to be the best option.
Think what you said over and say it again in a way I can understand, please.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:As far as I know, Mexico is still going to pay for the wall, whether they like it or not.
You don't believe that.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:When someone is saying something over and over again you believe is untrue and gaining great benefit from it which may harm other people and then they start acting like they never said it is it fair to try to mitigate the harm they have done by making their life a living hell?

Yes and Mexico will pay for the wall.Trump is not lying.They owe America in trade defecits alot more than the wall costs,so why won't they pay for it? America has the economic advantage over any country.There are companies that have already put in bids to build the wall.It is coming and it is about time.Then they can come in legally.
OTOH, you probably believe that :pound:
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

DBowling wrote:Who will pay for the wall?
1. American taxpayers, whose tax money will go to Trump's boondoggle instead of something that actually benefits the American people
2. American consumers, who will pay more for products because of tariffs placed on the products they are purchasing
3. American farmers. Due to Trump's inflamatory rhetoric, Mexico is already drafting retaliatory legislation to decrease the amount of food that Mexico purchases from American farmers.

The people who will really end up 'paying for' Trump's Wall are the American people.
You could be dead wrong, IT MIGHT NEVER GET BUILT y[-o<
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:As far as I know, Mexico is still going to pay for the wall, whether they like it or not.
You don't believe that.
Of course I do. Just like I believe Trump when he said that if he were president, Hillary would be in jail.

I'm just patiently waiting...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Sometimes my mind races and my thoughts get disorganized.
So yes I think he is going to build the wall and that is to keep illegals out. Btw, he doesn't hate all Mexicans, in fact I remember him saying that he assumed some were good people, just to let you know.
The only people he wants out are illegals and that is bc they are illegals, not that he hates them.