Ark Park

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Ark Park

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Ark Park

Post by RickD »

Why do I get hungry when you say, "Ken Ham"?
y:@)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:Why do I get hungry when you say, "Ken Ham"?
Bc u want some Francis Bacon. :)
PS I don't mean that in the wrong way.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Why do I get hungry when you say, "Ken Ham"?
Bc u want some Francis Bacon. :)
PS I don't mean that in the wrong way.
I would never eat bacon. Killing animals for food, is murder. I'm a vegan.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I actually read the title as "Ark Pork" I'm such an American
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Hortator wrote:I actually read the title as "Ark Pork" I'm such an American
:pound:
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

But seriously, what do you think of it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:But seriously, what do you think of it?
Did somebody say bacon? y=P~

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.
Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.
K,

Should Benny Hinn have spent so much money on his ministry? He passionately believes in it, and has made it his life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
K,

Should Benny Hinn have spent so much money on his ministry? He passionately believes in it, and has made it his life.
It's a good income generating business for him. Integrity-wise, I think it far easier to tell Hinn is a charlatan than Ken Ham who definitely does believe what he does regarding YEC and that his work is to God's glory.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Kurieuo wrote: Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...
I am just concerned that people are going to be driven away bc of the park's stance. I do like the park actually, it took a lot of work and probably will also bring people to Christ. The animatronics are cool too.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...
I am just concerned that people are going to be driven away bc of the park's stance. I do like the park actually, it took a lot of work and probably will also bring people to Christ. The animatronics are cool too.
In reality, I believe a person's heart runs deeper than to be driven away from anyone's foolishness or belief.

Have you heard the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the water"? People will throw the baby out if they don't want it, even if the water was clean and not dirty. Fact is, there are people with silly beliefs all around us, on all sides, so why gravitate to one position with all their stupids rather than the other side with theirs?

As I see matters, it isn't that there are people believing ridiculous things on just one side. It's that deeper down one desires to go the way that they do. On the other hand, if smarts somehow counts, then one just needs to historically look over the number rational Christian thinkers, including those starting the modern science era in their different fields. But, smarts doesn't count either - a person who rejects Christ would still do so regardless of Christians smarts.

Charlatans like Benny Hinn, foolish beliefs like Ken Ham's, even well-intended science-bending of Reasons to Believe, more provide a confirmation bias to a person who on some deeper level rejects God and Christianity as such. Kind of like how Dawkins and other New Atheists might provide confirmation bias to believers of the intolerance and anti-religious bigotry of Atheists.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I think Ark Park is dumb. Biblical literalism is pretty easy to make fun of and I can see how it would make a lot of Christians cringe. That said, it's their money and if they want to use it to promote their beliefs that's their business.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:I think Ark Park is dumb. Biblical literalism is pretty easy to make fun of and I can see how it would make a lot of Christians cringe. That said, it's their money and if they want to use it to promote their beliefs that's their business.
But what if they used tax money, or got tax breaks? Is it still ok?

What if they got tax breaks, not on the actual ark, but on the land they own? And then, they discriminate for employment? Is that ok?

-Edward R Murrow