Ark Park

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Ark Park

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18084
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Ark Park

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Why do I get hungry when you say, "Ken Ham"?
y:@)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Ark Park

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:47 pm

RickD wrote:Why do I get hungry when you say, "Ken Ham"?
y:@)

Bc u want some Francis Bacon. :)
PS I don't mean that in the wrong way.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18084
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Ark Park

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Why do I get hungry when you say, "Ken Ham"?
y:@)

Bc u want some Francis Bacon. :)
PS I don't mean that in the wrong way.

I would never eat bacon. Killing animals for food, is murder. I'm a vegan.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: Ark Park

Postby Hortator » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 pm

I actually read the title as "Ark Pork" I'm such an American

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Ark Park

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Hortator wrote:I actually read the title as "Ark Pork" I'm such an American

:pound:

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Ark Park

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:16 pm

But seriously, what do you think of it?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18084
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Ark Park

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:21 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:But seriously, what do you think of it?

Did somebody say bacon? y=P~
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8850
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Ark Park

Postby Kurieuo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:39 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.

Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18084
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Ark Park

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.

Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...

K,

Should Benny Hinn have spent so much money on his ministry? He passionately believes in it, and has made it his life.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8850
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Ark Park

Postby Kurieuo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:53 pm

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Should Ken Ham have spent so much to build a replica of Noah's ark? It's producing skepticism by those that think the Bible is silly and it's seemingly promoting the YEC view as the only true view. However, it's created jobs around there and it does give a fine biblical literalist view. I think it's ok, they already have enough secular museums so I guess they can have a religious themed one.

Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...

K,

Should Benny Hinn have spent so much money on his ministry? He passionately believes in it, and has made it his life.

It's a good income generating business for him. Integrity-wise, I think it far easier to tell Hinn is a charlatan than Ken Ham who definitely does believe what he does regarding YEC and that his work is to God's glory.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Ark Park

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Kurieuo wrote:Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...

I am just concerned that people are going to be driven away bc of the park's stance. I do like the park actually, it took a lot of work and probably will also bring people to Christ. The animatronics are cool too.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8850
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Ark Park

Postby Kurieuo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:35 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Why not? It's what he passionately believes in and has made his life...

I am just concerned that people are going to be driven away bc of the park's stance. I do like the park actually, it took a lot of work and probably will also bring people to Christ. The animatronics are cool too.

In reality, I believe a person's heart runs deeper than to be driven away from anyone's foolishness or belief.

Have you heard the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the water"? People will throw the baby out if they don't want it, even if the water was clean and not dirty. Fact is, there are people with silly beliefs all around us, on all sides, so why gravitate to one position with all their stupids rather than the other side with theirs?

As I see matters, it isn't that there are people believing ridiculous things on just one side. It's that deeper down one desires to go the way that they do. On the other hand, if smarts somehow counts, then one just needs to historically look over the number rational Christian thinkers, including those starting the modern science era in their different fields. But, smarts doesn't count either - a person who rejects Christ would still do so regardless of Christians smarts.

Charlatans like Benny Hinn, foolish beliefs like Ken Ham's, even well-intended science-bending of Reasons to Believe, more provide a confirmation bias to a person who on some deeper level rejects God and Christianity as such. Kind of like how Dawkins and other New Atheists might provide confirmation bias to believers of the intolerance and anti-religious bigotry of Atheists.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Ark Park

Postby edwardmurphy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:43 am

I think Ark Park is dumb. Biblical literalism is pretty easy to make fun of and I can see how it would make a lot of Christians cringe. That said, it's their money and if they want to use it to promote their beliefs that's their business.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Something for us all to consider. (Thanks, Paul)

Individual, silent, personal prayer never has and never could be outlawed in public schools. - FFRF

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18084
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Ark Park

Postby RickD » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:I think Ark Park is dumb. Biblical literalism is pretty easy to make fun of and I can see how it would make a lot of Christians cringe. That said, it's their money and if they want to use it to promote their beliefs that's their business.

But what if they used tax money, or got tax breaks? Is it still ok?

What if they got tax breaks, not on the actual ark, but on the land they own? And then, they discriminate for employment? Is that ok?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “Politics and World Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests