Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Like with Political correctness.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby edwardmurphy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Why would a kid ask a bunch of old guys that question?

Also, get off of political correctness. It just means treating people how they want to be treated. Sure, sometimes it gets taken too far. And sometimes conservatives have a hissy-fit if you say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas." Go figure.

All that tough talk about snowflakes and safe spaces is belied by the same people whining about how unfair the media is or how the FFRF gives Muslims a pass. Everybody is thin-skinned about something.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Something for us all to consider. (Thanks, Paul)

Individual, silent, personal prayer never has and never could be outlawed in public schools. - FFRF

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:13 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:Why would a kid ask a bunch of old guys that question?

Also, get off of political correctness. It just means treating people how they want to be treated. Sure, sometimes it gets taken too far. And sometimes conservatives have a hissy-fit if you say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas." Go figure.

All that tough talk about snowflakes and safe spaces is belied by the same people whining about how unfair the media is or how the FFRF gives Muslims a pass. Everybody is thin-skinned about something.

True, everyone is thin skinned on something. Why would a young man ask older guys? Bc I thought you might can see why, you know outside observation.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby edwardmurphy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 am

Fair enough. Here you go:

Just like every old guy in the history of the world, I think that my parents' generation is overrated, mine is underrated, and every generation after mine is selfish, dumb, lazy, dresses funny, listens to terrible music, and lacks moral fiber.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Something for us all to consider. (Thanks, Paul)

Individual, silent, personal prayer never has and never could be outlawed in public schools. - FFRF

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8907
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby Kurieuo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:26 am

edwardmurphy wrote:Also, get off of political correctness. It just means treating people how they want to be treated.

Err, no it doesn't.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8907
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby Kurieuo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:28 am

Also, I don't think millennials are emotionally driven any more then the previous or next.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8907
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby Kurieuo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:30 am

edwardmurphy wrote:All that tough talk about snowflakes and safe spaces is belied by the same people whining about how unfair the media is or how the FFRF gives Muslims a pass. Everybody is thin-skinned about something.

I got called a snowflake recently, and by a mod here! I'm actually quite thin-skinned about a lot of things. :cry:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7957
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby B. W. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:21 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Like with Political correctness.


The Origins of Political Correctness
February 5, 2000, Bill Lind, 294 Comments
An Accuracy in Academia Address by Bill Lind

Article quoted from...

Political correctness

Suggests folks read it all from the link... some points it makes noted below:

We call it “Political Correctness.” The name originated as something of a joke, literally in a comic strip, and we tend still to think of it as only half-serious. In fact, it’s deadly serious. It is the great disease of our century, the disease that has left tens of millions of people dead in Europe, in Russia, in China, indeed around the world. It is the disease of ideology. PC is not funny. PC is deadly serious.

If we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious.

First of all, both are totalitarian ideologies. The totalitarian nature of Political Correctness is revealed nowhere more clearly than on college campuses, many of which at this point are small ivy covered North Koreans, where the student or faculty member who dares to cross any of the lines set up by the gender feminist or the homosexual-rights activists, or the local black or Hispanic group, or any of the other sainted “victims” groups that PC revolves around, quickly find themselves in judicial trouble. Within the small legal system of the college, they face formal charges – some star-chamber proceeding – and punishment. That is a little look into the future that Political Correctness intends for the nation as a whole....

And finally, both have a method of analysis that automatically gives the answers they want. For the classical Marxist, it’s Marxist economics. For the cultural Marxist, it’s deconstruction. Deconstruction essentially takes any text, removes all meaning from it and re-inserts any meaning desired. So we find, for example, that all of Shakespeare is about the suppression of women, or the Bible is really about race and gender. All of these texts simply become grist for the mill, which proves that “all history is about which groups have power over which other groups.” So the parallels are very evident between the classical Marxism that we’re familiar with in the old Soviet Union and the cultural Marxism that we see today as Political Correctness.

But the parallels are not accidents. The parallels did not come from nothing. The fact of the matter is that Political Correctness has a history, a history that is much longer than many people are aware of outside a small group of academics who have studied this. And the history goes back, as I said, to World War I, as do so many of the pathologies that are today bringing our society, and indeed our culture, down....

...In conclusion, America today is in the throes of the greatest and direst transformation in its history. We are becoming an ideological state, a country with an official state ideology enforced by the power of the state. In “hate crimes” we now have people serving jail sentences for political thoughts. And the Congress is now moving to expand that category ever further. Affirmative action is part of it. The terror against anyone who dissents from Political Correctness on campus is part of it. It’s exactly what we have seen happen in Russia, in Germany, in Italy, in China, and now it’s coming here. And we don’t recognize it because we call it Political Correctness and laugh it off. My message today is that it’s not funny, it’s here, it’s growing and it will eventually destroy, as it seeks to destroy, everything that we have ever defined as our freedom and our culture.


So the answer is yes, it was designed for that effect to create New Marxism... by creating moral confusion in order to bring about new Marxism worldwide. Those of us older guys, older than Ed is, recall what Marxism is all about and how socialism has murdered more people than all the world's religions combined know full well the dangers.

So comrade thatkidakayoungguy, the answer is yes...you have been infected.

Question, are you willing to make a stand for Jesus Christ?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am

B. W. wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Like with Political correctness.


The Origins of Political Correctness
February 5, 2000, Bill Lind, 294 Comments
An Accuracy in Academia Address by Bill Lind

Article quoted from...

Political correctness

Suggests folks read it all from the link... some points it makes noted below:

We call it “Political Correctness.” The name originated as something of a joke, literally in a comic strip, and we tend still to think of it as only half-serious. In fact, it’s deadly serious. It is the great disease of our century, the disease that has left tens of millions of people dead in Europe, in Russia, in China, indeed around the world. It is the disease of ideology. PC is not funny. PC is deadly serious.

If we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious.

First of all, both are totalitarian ideologies. The totalitarian nature of Political Correctness is revealed nowhere more clearly than on college campuses, many of which at this point are small ivy covered North Koreans, where the student or faculty member who dares to cross any of the lines set up by the gender feminist or the homosexual-rights activists, or the local black or Hispanic group, or any of the other sainted “victims” groups that PC revolves around, quickly find themselves in judicial trouble. Within the small legal system of the college, they face formal charges – some star-chamber proceeding – and punishment. That is a little look into the future that Political Correctness intends for the nation as a whole....

And finally, both have a method of analysis that automatically gives the answers they want. For the classical Marxist, it’s Marxist economics. For the cultural Marxist, it’s deconstruction. Deconstruction essentially takes any text, removes all meaning from it and re-inserts any meaning desired. So we find, for example, that all of Shakespeare is about the suppression of women, or the Bible is really about race and gender. All of these texts simply become grist for the mill, which proves that “all history is about which groups have power over which other groups.” So the parallels are very evident between the classical Marxism that we’re familiar with in the old Soviet Union and the cultural Marxism that we see today as Political Correctness.

But the parallels are not accidents. The parallels did not come from nothing. The fact of the matter is that Political Correctness has a history, a history that is much longer than many people are aware of outside a small group of academics who have studied this. And the history goes back, as I said, to World War I, as do so many of the pathologies that are today bringing our society, and indeed our culture, down....

...In conclusion, America today is in the throes of the greatest and direst transformation in its history. We are becoming an ideological state, a country with an official state ideology enforced by the power of the state. In “hate crimes” we now have people serving jail sentences for political thoughts. And the Congress is now moving to expand that category ever further. Affirmative action is part of it. The terror against anyone who dissents from Political Correctness on campus is part of it. It’s exactly what we have seen happen in Russia, in Germany, in Italy, in China, and now it’s coming here. And we don’t recognize it because we call it Political Correctness and laugh it off. My message today is that it’s not funny, it’s here, it’s growing and it will eventually destroy, as it seeks to destroy, everything that we have ever defined as our freedom and our culture.


So the answer is yes, it was designed for that effect to create New Marxism... by creating moral confusion in order to bring about new Marxism worldwide. Those of us older guys, older than Ed is, recall what Marxism is all about and how socialism has murdered more people than all the world's religions combined know full well the dangers.

So comrade thatkidakayoungguy, the answer is yes...you have been infected.

Question, are you willing to make a stand for Jesus Christ?
-
-
-

Yes, and I have to a small extent online I guess (apologetics) but it'll be hard.
I also suggest reading 1984 by George Orwell. People have compared both the Obama Administration and the Trump one to the book's events.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18260
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Why are millennials more likely to be emotionally driven

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:All that tough talk about snowflakes and safe spaces is belied by the same people whining about how unfair the media is or how the FFRF gives Muslims a pass. Everybody is thin-skinned about something.

I got called a snowflake recently, and by a mod here! I'm actually quite thin-skinned about a lot of things. :cry:

Kurieuo has his very own private safe space, in the moderator forum.
y:p2
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “Politics and World Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests