Did I sell my soul?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Did I sell my soul?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:Guys,

Can we get back on topic please. I don't appreciate taking a very serious topic, and making it into a joke about hamburgers!

I'm here worrying about going to hell, and all you guys can do is talk about hamburgers!!!
If you're saved I don't think you could sell your soul. But then again I'm reminded of the end times where people take the mark of the beast and be damned forever, so I guess you can.
Most of the world is under the power of the devil, and so their soul in a sense belongs to the devil. However since God calls out and saves people it is not permanent, and so if your soul really is sold I think you can go back to God.
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:To summarize...

I voted for Trump. I'm having regrets. Can't sleep at night. Pangs of conscience. I feel so horrible. Will God forgive me for voting for a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey [poop]?

Will I lose my salvation for voting for such a person?
God will forgive you, but I won't.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:What about indulgences, will those work?
I'm willing to pay quite a hefty price to secure my salvation.

I've been listening to ultimate777, and it seems that voting for Trump may be worse than supporting Hitler or Stalin.
No offense to him but don't listen to him. Obamacare cannot be repealed and replaced right now.The Republicans do not have a big enough majority in the Senate to do it.This is a way to get around the problem alittle at a time,in steps. This is not Trump selling out to the RINO'S atleast not yet.This is Republicans doing what they have to do to start to get rid of Obamacare in steps because they don't have a big enough majority to repeal it right now. Conservatives met with Trump that are opposed to this bill,Trump is talking to everybody from all sides about this to get their input and it was clear to him that they had no answer to how what they want can be done right now.Trump cannot do all of this by himself.It is up to the voters to vote enough Republicans into power to overcome the problem.Trump is not a dictator and cannot just do what he wants to do.

Why shouldn't someone listen to me? You are right about what Trump can or cannot do, you are just wrong on whether
he should do it.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:In hell, all they ever serve are Big Macs and those dried out, greasy, thin sticks of potatoes that call french fries!
I hate their fries.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:To summarize...

I voted for Trump. I'm having regrets. Can't sleep at night. Pangs of conscience. I feel so horrible. Will God forgive me for voting for a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey [poop]?

Will I lose my salvation for voting for such a person?
God will forgive you, but I won't.
:shock:
:crying:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I voted for Trump in states that didn't require ID. :)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:I voted for Trump in states that didn't require ID. :)
You mean Queensland?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Queensland used to have a premier called Joh Bjelke-Petersen. People voted for him Rick, so you can be forgiven.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Nationalism is spreading around the world,so when will it catch on in Canada,New Zealand,Australia,etc?The world is leaving ya'll behind wanting to be independant from globalism.Globalism has not been fair to America at all.It looks like Europeans feel the same way too and they don't like the European Union controlling the destiny of their country.The European Union is like a leach that is sapping the strength of countries that are apart of it while controlling them.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

It can't really catch on in Australia, because we've also absorbed a multicultural identity which kind of removes any one true identity. Most Australians, except those in denial, would see Australia as a multicultural nation. Whereas other countries are "trying" to become multicultural, Australia has been for some time due to migrations at different times in history and our location in the Asia-Pacific.

I was a little frustrated for a bit there is no true Aussie identity (except what is stereotypical), the one I was raised with has all but had the rug pulled out from under it. Such now forms just one particular identity of Australia, which is probably very much now a minority in only rural areas and/or ends with grandparents. Each I suppose find their identity in their family's history in this country.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Notice the Australian flag in the ad? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdjX8QqL_Y
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

And just a few things wrong with the ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiX9asxmaA
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo,

You are a bogan!

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Yes, that's what many who come and take advantage of Australia and seem call us white Aussie men now who joke around. I'm sure you'd make a great bogan if you ever moved here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Yes, that's what many who come and take advantage of Australia and seem call us white Aussie men now who joke around. I'm sure you'd make a great bogan if you ever moved here.
From what I can find, a bogan is the Australian equivalent of a redneck, or white trash, in America.

If you were American, you definitely don't fit into the redneck/white trash category.

-Edward R Murrow