Did Obama wiretap Trump?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Did Obama wiretap Trump?

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote:Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials, sources say
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04 ... s-say.html
While I don't trust Susan Rice any more than I trust Trump (they are both liars), unmasking is not the crime here.
The crime here is the leaking of the unmasked information.
If Rice is responsible for leaking the unmasked information, then that is a crime that needs to be addressed.

The only crime that we know for sure occurred so far in this mess is the leaking of the unmasked information.
But the investigation into the leaks and potential collusion with Russia are far from over.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote:Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials, sources say
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04 ... s-say.html
While I don't trust Susan Rice any more than I trust Trump (they are both liars), unmasking is not the crime here.
The crime here is the leaking of the unmasked information.
If Rice is responsible for leaking the unmasked information, then that is a crime that needs to be addressed.

The only crime that we know for sure occurred so far in this mess is the leaking of the unmasked information.
But the investigation into the leaks and potential collusion with Russia are far from over.

In order to be unmasked they must present evidence and get a FISA warrant,this unmasking was simply done for politics sake and should alarm you greatly.Our intelligence agencies collect information on the American people and it is stored and a person can only be unmasked once evidence is presented to warrant it.This is why you should never talk to the FBI about anything like say Martha Stewart who was busted about something that had nothing to do with the case against her.The information they collect on the American people can be used to bust somebody for something totally different than their initial investigation.So without a lawyer nobody should talk to the FBI.This information gathering was sold on keeping us safe,yet it has been used for political purposes and it should alarm every American whether they are Republican or Democrat.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I feel like the question has been answered: "Did Obama wiretap Trump?"

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes, with a but. Trump had the privacy of his staff invaded by the Obama administration. Not Obama himself. You won't find a paper trail leading back to him. As for wiretapping, tapping, etc. I believe it's well understood what he meant, and a quibble about exact wording is petty.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Hortator wrote:I feel like the question has been answered: "Did Obama wiretap Trump?"

Long answer: yes, with a but. Trump had the privacy of his staff invaded by the Obama administration. Not Obama himself. You won't find a paper trail leading back to him. As for wiretapping, tapping, etc. I believe it's well understood what he meant, and a quibble about exact wording is petty.
Short Answer: Not even Close

There is no wiretap
There is no evidence that Trump's folks were even monitored. Everything that we know about was incidental while monitoring other targets
And there is no evidence that Obama directed the unmasking or leaking.

So Trump lied... plain and simple.
And now the Con Man is trying to cover his tracks...
Wiretap didn't really mean wiretap.
Obama didn't really mean Obama
And none of his folks were the target of surveillance anyway.

Unmasking and leaking is not wiretapping.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
Hortator wrote:I feel like the question has been answered: "Did Obama wiretap Trump?"

Short Answer: Not even Close

There is no wiretap
There is no evidence that Trump's folks were even monitored. Everything that we know about was incidental while monitoring other targets
And there is no evidence that Obama directed the unmasking or leaking.

So Trump lied... plain and simple.
And now the Con Man is trying to cover his tracks...
Wiretap didn't really mean wiretap.
Obama didn't really mean Obama
And none of his folks were the target of surveillance anyway.

Unmasking and leaking is not wiretapping.
You're kidding, right?

I know you're not that naive.

Wait, you voted for Egg McMuffin. Never mind.
:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: You're kidding, right?

You are right, I'm not that naive.
I am not naive enough to buy into the Trump con that wiretapping was somehow mysteriously redefined to now mean the unmasking and and leaking of incidental collection.

Just because Trump repeatedly makes blatantly false statements, that does not somehow make those false statements true.
I'm not that naive.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote: You're kidding, right?

You are right, I'm not that naive.
I am not naive enough to buy into the Trump con that wiretapping was somehow mysteriously redefined to now mean the unmasking and and leaking of incidental collection.

Just because Trump repeatedly makes blatantly false statements, that does not somehow make those false statements true.
I'm not that naive.
Keep drinking the kool aid.
"Wiretapping" was in quotes, which trump meant as surveillance. It's already been shown that Trump was under surveillance. You choose to believe that Trump being under surveillance was incidental, even though Susan rice lied.

I hope you like the taste of crow with that Kool aid, because it's gonna come out eventually.

You're so anti-Trump, that you can't see the truth if it hit you square in the head.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: "Wiretapping" was in quotes, which trump meant as surveillance. It's already been shown that Trump was under surveillance. You choose to believe that Trump being under surveillance was incidental, even though Susan rice lied.
I see you are developing a taste for that ACB kool aide yourself...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote: "Wiretapping" was in quotes, which trump meant as surveillance. It's already been shown that Trump was under surveillance. You choose to believe that Trump being under surveillance was incidental, even though Susan rice lied.
Yes, Rick. Every democ... egg mc... err.. ALL people know Trump is just "backtracking" on what he said by pointing out he used quotes.

Seriously, though. All the stuff people focus on are tiny compared to what is happening internationally. For example, any talk of Mosul? Or is such off-limits, maybe because it's something Hillary and Obama started before leaving office. Yet, what Trump has allowed there since, is much, much bigger than the internal petty games between Trump and media. Especially after the ribbing given to Russia re: Aleppo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

You're welcome to pick an issue and start a thread. There's plenty going on, and I assume that most here are aware of issues other than whatever nonsense Sideshow Don pulls out of his butt.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

So:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan ... ing-trump/

Excerpt:

Update: In response to a question Tuesday from NBC News reporter Andrea Mitchell, former Obama White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice denied that she “prepared” spreadsheets of surveilled telephone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides. The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group, however, reported that Rice “ordered” the spreadsheets to be produced.

In addition, former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova, one of TheDCNF’s sources, said Tuesday in response to Rice that her denial “would come as quite a surprise to the government officials who have reviewed dozens of those spreadsheets.”

Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.

“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan ... z4dO4wXffX
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

DBowling wrote:

I enjoy seeing you Trump haters putting out these lies and then be proven wrong time after time.You should know better than to get your information from liberals,but you drink their kool-aid and so will be wrong in the end.Susan Rice is busted and it is coming out that she spied on pro-Israel groups also and don't think Obama and Bush jr are'nt shaking in their boots right now worrying about what they're gonna do.This is what happens when you hit Trump,he hits you back and exposes what you don't want people to know about.He is always three steps ahead of his enemies.They throw duds that don't do anything and he throws grenades that do much damage.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

Amazing, curtain on 13 pages of debate.

Next time, I'm just going to take his word for it.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Since CNN is reporting though, I'm inclined to think it now didn't happen. :P