The "Russians" hacked and stole the U.S. Election

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The "Russians" hacked and stole the U.S. Election

Post by Philip »

If I hear this phony baloney misdirection/slight of hand liberal/progressive narrative that,"Russian hacks stole the election," I may get ill. Because the REAL issue, per the claim being made by the left and in liberal media is being intentionally obscured by a false narrative, and it's fed by their hatred of Trump and those of conservative values.

First off, YES, it does matter if our government was being hacked. This time it was the Democratic Party that various hackers' leaks allowed us a peek at the nefarious dealings and words of Democrats, per their emails, etc. But that IS bad, no matter what party or parts of government foreign nations are trying to penetrate to gain info. And someone had a motive for this - no doubt. But that's one matter - an important one, but that is far different from the false narrative that the Democrats are using: "the Russians stole our election from Hillary." It's not only false, but the reasons for that lie are multiple.

One reason for the false progressive narrative is that the election was most certainly a rejection of Obama and where the Democrats had lead us by the heartlands of the country - and the Democrats don't want to face up to that - they want to spin it. Also, it is certainly true that millions voted for Trump that really didn't like him, but did so because Hillary scared them to death - even much of the her own party hated her - and all of the Bernie far-leftists. Also, millions more conservative intensely disliked Hillary and her political sensibilities, her past actions, and yet they also intensely disliked Trump, PERSONALLY, and his often coarse, insensitive words - especially women - but nonetheless liked many of his views on where and how the country had gone wrong. Nonetheless, for those millions, their dislike of Trump the man, kept them home on election day. So, if a "nicer, more reasonable-sounding guy," yet with Trump's aggression and audacity to say what needed to be said, had run, the election might well have been a Republican rout! And millions of the very liberal couldn't stand the Clintons - so they didn't vote. But let's pay attention to the truth behind the "stolen election" accusations!

So back to the hacks and the supposed stealing of the election. If, IF the hacks and leaks of private top Democrats - particularly the actual INFO truly helped change the election for Trump, it certainly wasn't the HACKS, but what was actually IN THEM! Because what did the hacks REVEAL? The info revealed - THOSE are what might have hurt her even further, as those hacks exposed all manner of shenanigans of Democrats, of their party insiders' mission to coronate Hillary, of her various actions - these all merely re-enforced what people hated about the Hillary and Bill, and about the Obama followers/progressives/liberals, and those much further Left and much of their beliefs. But what we don't see is any Democrats discussing what was actually IN the hacked info, DO we? Why - because they are damning and reinforcing of what people already didn't like about the Democrats and the Hillbillies and Obama lovers.

That the media's focus is on the hacks, rather than what the hacks actually contained - shows their immense bias!
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Re: The "Russians" hacked and stole the U.S. Election

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: That the media's focus is on the hacks, rather than what the hacks actually contained - shows their immense bias!
It is beyond ironic to see the Trump administration using the same "phony baloney misdirection/slight of hand" tactics when the shoe is on the other foot.

The administration is in an uproar about leaks coming out of the intelligence community.
Rather than what the leaks actually bring to light...
The leaks show that the Trump campaign was communicating with the Russians... during the campaign... which the Trump campaign vehemently denied at the time.

I guess the immense bias goes both ways... depending on whether the leaks in question hurt you or help you.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Democrats Russian hypocrisy: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03 ... crats.html

I'm not saying Trump, Inc. has a pure narrative. I'm saying that the election hacking issue has some major spin on it - lies about why they lost! But MANY major U.S. politicians have had interactions with high-level Russian contacts. And always have.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

DBowling wrote:
Philip wrote: That the media's focus is on the hacks, rather than what the hacks actually contained - shows their immense bias!
It is beyond ironic to see the Trump administration using the same "phony baloney misdirection/slight of hand" tactics when the shoe is on the other foot.

The administration is in an uproar about leaks coming out of the intelligence community.
Rather than what the leaks actually bring to light...
The leaks show that the Trump campaign was communicating with the Russians... during the campaign... which the Trump campaign vehemently denied at the time.

I guess the immense bias goes both ways... depending on whether the leaks in question hurt you or help you.
It is the same ol lies and slander the left has used many times to take out Republicans and they are trying to hurt the Trump administration,but it is bunk and just as usual their attacks only make themselves look bad,not the Trump Administration.Just wait until Trump hits them back after they have hit him it is going to do far more damage to Trump's opposition.You just watch and see. Pizzagate is coming.There have been arrests all over the country.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

McCarthyism seems to be alive and well in America. There's a Russian under every desk! :mrgreen:
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I've occasionally heard the "hackers stole the election" narrative, but mostly - and bear in mind that I watch MSNBC and listen to NPR - the complaint is that the Russians influenced the election. That's an objective fact and cause for concern. Why they opted to influence the election is up for discussion, but they 100% did and they've apparently been doing the same thing to other countries for years now.

Personally, I'm torn between the "Putin hates/fears Clinton" hypothesis and the "regardless of the outcome, chaos in America is good for Russia" hypothesis. They both make sense, but I think I favor the second. The "Putin has something on Trump" hypothesis would work for an Oliver Stone movie, but I'm not sure it makes sense. Putin trying to blackmail Trump into favoring Russia would be a really risky move. If Trump was compromised without appearing to be then the Russians would benefit, but if he seemed compromised then he'd have to get tough on Russia in order to avoid getting impeached. Once things got moving in that direction the US would inevitably end up treating Russia as a deadly enemy, which would not be to their benefit.

Anyway, despite what some here may believe, the Democrats are actually being pretty civil. For example, they have mostly held back from saying that the Trump Administration is illegitimate, despite solid evidence that the election was influenced by foreign hacking, inappropriate behavior on the part of the FBI, and the fact that Trump lost the popular vote by a wide margin. Trump, by comparison, got his start in politics by feeding the Birther trolls. Sideshow Don is a blatant liar and a hypocrite and that donkey trying to take the moral high-ground on anything is ridiculous. Granted, if the Dems had any power they might play things a bit more aggressively, but the don't so that's immaterial.

And Phil, the issue with communicating with Russian officials is very different with the Trump Campaign/Administration than with other politicians. There has been a lot of smoke since fairly early in the campaign, and the more the reporters dig the more odd and suspicious stuff comes to light. And Trump's people aren't helping themselves out at all. If meeting with Russian diplomats on the sly during a campaign is no big deal then why do they keep denying that they ever did it? So far we've got Flynn, Carter Paige, Jared Kushner, and now Jeff Sessions inexplicably failing to disclose and/or denying meetings that are supposedly common and innocuous.

Phil, strange things are afoot, and putting it all down to the machinations of the nearly powerless Democrats seems a bit naive...

Anyway, what are you even griping about? Who here, apart from ACB, maybe K, and probably me, wouldn't love to see Mike Pence getting sworn in? He's a conservative Christian's wet dream, and so far he appears stable, rational, and completely scandal-free.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:I've occasionally heard the "hackers stole the election" narrative, but mostly - and bear in mind that I watch MSNBC and listen to NPR - the complaint is that the Russians influenced the election. That's an objective fact and cause for concern. Why they opted to influence the election is up for discussion, but they 100% did and they've apparently been doing the same thing to other countries for years now.

Personally, I'm torn between the "Putin hates/fears Clinton" hypothesis and the "regardless of the outcome, chaos in America is good for Russia" hypothesis. They both make sense, but I think I favor the second. The "Putin has something on Trump" hypothesis would work for an Oliver Stone movie, but I'm not sure it makes sense. Putin trying to blackmail Trump into favoring Russia would be a really risky move. If Trump was compromised without appearing to be then the Russians would benefit, but if he seemed compromised then he'd have to get tough on Russia in order to avoid getting impeached. Once things got moving in that direction the US would inevitably end up treating Russia as a deadly enemy, which would not be to their benefit.

Anyway, despite what some here may believe, the Democrats are actually being pretty civil. For example, they have mostly held back from saying that the Trump Administration is illegitimate, despite solid evidence that the election was influenced by foreign hacking, inappropriate behavior on the part of the FBI, and the fact that Trump lost the popular vote by a wide margin. Trump, by comparison, got his start in politics by feeding the Birther trolls. Sideshow Don is a blatant liar and a hypocrite and that donkey trying to take the moral high-ground on anything is ridiculous. Granted, if the Dems had any power they might play things a bit more aggressively, but the don't so that's immaterial.

And Phil, the issue with communicating with Russian officials is very different with the Trump Campaign/Administration than with other politicians. There has been a lot of smoke since fairly early in the campaign, and the more the reporters dig the more odd and suspicious stuff comes to light. And Trump's people aren't helping themselves out at all. If meeting with Russian diplomats on the sly during a campaign is no big deal then why do they keep denying that they ever did it? So far we've got Flynn, Carter Paige, Jared Kushner, and now Jeff Sessions inexplicably failing to disclose and/or denying meetings that are supposedly common and innocuous.

Phil, strange things are afoot, and putting it all down to the machinations of the nearly powerless Democrats seems a bit naive...

Anyway, what are you even griping about? Who here, apart from ACB, maybe K, and probably me, wouldn't love to see Mike Pence getting sworn in? He's a conservative Christian's wet dream, and so far he appears stable, rational, and completely scandal-free.
You've bought into lies and slander of the left wing media and nothing will come of this.It is quite silly to believe Russia effected the outcome of the election by hacking into our system.The truth is what it is the opposite of what liberals are saying. It was Hillary and many of them that have had dealings with Russia.This is a common tactic by liberals blame your opposition of what you are guilty of.Liberals have done this time after time.It is sad to see someone like yourself buy into these lies and actually believe them.You're getting your hopes up for nothing especially when you bring up impeachment over this.Not going to happen.This is going to backfire just like all of the other attempts to take out Trump.You've been propagandized and don't even know it.

What is going to happen is the uncovering of Sexual pediphilia rings and many US Congressmen and Senators and it is going to remove much of the corruption in Washington.You thought Trump was just playing when he talked about "draining the swamp" but it is the establishment that is going to be taken out and you're going to see an attitude adjustment towards President Trump because of so many people being arrested and prosecuted. Remember I brought this up before the election and said this needs to be investigated because children are involved?You're going to see who the real criminals are and it is'nt Trump. It is going to be many on the left and possibly even some on the right that will be impeached.Arrests have been going on all over the country and these people are revealing who is involved with the higher-ups. There are people in our intelligence agencies that are fed up with the corruption and they have warned and have been ignored.So more has come out and more will come out. It was in Wikileaks emails.These e-mails were of Democrats communicating and what they reveal is sick.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Who here trusts the CIA to not misinform?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)