Trump vs "The Media"

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Trump vs "The Media"

Post by RickD »

Why is Trump trying to get funding for the wall? I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I thought the Republicans said they'd pay for it. Huh...

And while we're pondering, why is he going soft on China and hitting Canada with tariffs?

Hmm...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:I thought the Republicans said they'd pay for it. Huh...

And while we're pondering, why is he going soft on China and hitting Canada with tariffs?

Hmm...
Maybe he's being soft on china so we don't get them defending North Korea. It's one thing to keep the war going with North Korea, but it would really suck big time, to get into it with China.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Pence for POTUS. It's got to be on the cards.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:Maybe he's being soft on china so we don't get them defending North Korea. It's one thing to keep the war going with North Korea, but it would really suck big time, to get into it with China.
Yeah, that's a big piece of it. And Chinese banks hold the notes on some of his properties and China just gave him a bunch of patents he'd been wanting. Oh, and China isn't actually a currency manipulator. So a blend of diplomatic pragmatism, self-serving abuse of his authority, and an unusual awareness of reality.

Regarding Canada, that's political. The tariffs the Canadians put on American dairy products were hurting American dairy farmers, who happen to be concentrated in Midwestern swing-states, so Sideshow Don hit back with tariffs on Canadian lumber. Hopefully that will lead to a compromise before it hurts our construction industry too much.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Don't hear too much anymore about how Trump was secretly in the pocket of the Russians. LOL - clearly, he does not favor them. In fact, he's royally ticked them off, of late.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:Why is Trump trying to get funding for the wall? I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?
I believe that the funding for the wall will have to come from US at first but once negotiations with Mexico start they will end up paying for it.I'm going to give it time and let it play out.But I know that despite what liberals claim America has the economic advantage and it can be used.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:Don't hear too much anymore about how Trump was secretly in the pocket of the Russians. LOL - clearly, he does not favor them. In fact, he's royally ticked them off, of late.
Yep! It was slander,this is why nobody believes liberals anymore,they have cried wolf one too many times.Even if they were telling the truth? Nobody would believe anything they say now.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:

Hmm...
Maybe he's being soft on china so we don't get them defending North Korea. It's one thing to keep the war going with North Korea, but it would really suck big time, to get into it with China.
China needs America because their economy is terrible.It would be suicide for China if something happened to America and so they may huff n puff,but at the end of the day they need to make money.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:

Hmm...
China needs America because their economy is terrible.It would be suicide for China if something happened to America and so they may huff n puff,but at the end of the day they need to make money.
Why does China need America? Certainly, it makes sense to keep trade open economically, but I don't think China "needs" America. It think the US takes for granted the fact many countries trade in the dollar. Many in the US probably don't know what this means, but basically is solidifies US supremacy economically on the international scene. There was more to the TPP which Trump (naively) rescinded, than merely the trade agreements within. It was also about solidifying the dollar, the currency of trade. Australia had a raw deal in it, as far as I see, so I like it was scrapped.

Meanwhile, countries in the East have been working together to set up their own trade that does not depend upon the dollar. Trade agreements are being made aside from the dollar, free from US-European domination and involvement. Russia, China, Iraq, India, some European states feeling gypped showing interest. Just wait until the EU falls apart. The writing is all the wall, that economically, America has seen it's rise and peaked as Babylon on the economic world stage, but many countries it has ostracised through sanctions, military might and the like, are uniting to present an alternative choice to the dollar, bypassing the dollar altogether, in their trade.

If China are smart, developing independence as a self-supporting economy with the basics like food production, energy, military and the like. Trump knows America will benefit from China just as much as China the US. I don't know what was placed on the table, which softened China and made them prepare militarily against North Korea, no doubt trade of some sort. Meanwhile, that gives China, Russia, Iran, India and many other countries time to continue developing their own trade agreements, bringing more nations on-board, promoting a fairer deal, to try usurp the supremacy of the US dollar. I'm no expert, but that's what I see happening.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:

Hmm...
Why does China need America? Certainly, it makes sense to keep trade open economically, but I don't think China "needs" America. It think the US takes for granted the fact many countries trade in the dollar. Many in the US probably don't know what this means, but basically is solidifies US supremacy economically on the international scene. There was more to the TPP which Trump (naively) rescinded, than merely the trade agreements within. It was also about solidifying the dollar, the currency of trade. Australia had a raw deal in it, as far as I see, so I like it was scrapped.

Meanwhile, countries in the East have been working together to set up their own trade that does not depend upon the dollar. Trade agreements are being made aside from the dollar, free from US-European domination and involvement. Russia, China, Iraq, India, some European states feeling gypped showing interest. Just wait until the EU falls apart. The writing is all the wall, that economically, America has seen it's rise and peaked as Babylon on the economic world stage, but many countries it has ostracised through sanctions, military might and the like, are uniting to present an alternative choice to the dollar, bypassing the dollar altogether, in their trade.

If China are smart, developing independence as a self-supporting economy with the basics like food production, energy, military and the like. Trump knows America will benefit from China just as much as China the US. I don't know what was placed on the table, which softened China and made them prepare militarily against North Korea, no doubt trade of some sort. Meanwhile, that gives China, Russia, Iran, India and many other countries time to continue developing their own trade agreements, bringing more nations on-board, promoting a fairer deal, to try usurp the supremacy of the US dollar. I'm no expert, but that's what I see happening.

You make some very good points.But let's consider bible prophecy also.Jesus warned about wars and rumors of wars in the last days but biblically we have a pretty good picture of what is coming.Like fr instance,I'm actually more concerned for Israel than America when it comes to war.You know in Ezekiel 38 it is prophecied that in the last days Russia,Iran,Lybia,Turkey,Germany and Islamic countries will go to war against Israel,but Israel will win because of God. There are some that believe Damascus will be destroyed in the future,and as far as China we don't see the kings of the east until during the tribulation at Armageddon. So America is gonna be fine,because it must for God's work to get done in these last days. Now I know that there are different takes on it and interpretations but we kindof know what to look out for as far as prophecy is concerned.Also if God is restoring America like I believe then America will be stronger than it has been in a long time.I'm not sure if you're aware of a few prophecy's out there but they seem to be being fulfilled with Trump and more is to come. It is possible that these prophecies are off some,but from what I can tell they are being fulfilled with accuracy.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I personally give little merit to many "end times" prophecies Christians come up with. They're as wide and far as the sand on the seashore, and come and go according to the tide. Exaggeration obviously, but you get the drift.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Abe, you're way too far out on the lunatic fringe to have any idea what "everybody" believes.

Regarding Russia, the investigation continues, but so far it's crystal clear that Russia worked to undercut Clinton and boost Trump. There's room to debate how much Russia impacted the election, why they chose Trump, and whether or not the Trump campaign was deliberately complicit, but it's clear that Russia interfered.

Personally, I think they backed Trump because they thought he'd be a catastrophe as President. And as an added bonus to Russia, the rest of us knowing that they backed Trump hurts his legitimacy and ensures that the partisan divide gets worse.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:...Why does China need America? ...
China needs the oil and coal in our ground, they need all our uranium. They need our Redwoods. Our minerals and precious metal mines. In fact, they need all of America as their own. So, does Russia...

However, the entire globe has these as well, so America may be made into a waste land by a rouge nation, or nations, first Nuke strike and thus forgo America's as well as Canada's natural resources...

Or they may successfully undermine America and Canada by 5th Column tactics of the left so they can just walk on in and enslave entire populations to dig up their natural resources using them as salve labor - which by the way is the most likely venue.

It is the same old story throughout history: World Domination one way or another.

Here is a resent 5th Column tactics from the April 27, 2017 Washington Post headline: Portland Rose Parade canceled after ‘antifascists’ threaten GOP marchers

I find it sad how the true fascist project and label themselves upon those whom they oppose. This is called psychological projection. This form of projection explains how people defend themselves against their own qualities by denying their existence in themselves by projection them onto others.

Therefore, by the means of such projection. Free speech is dying in America because if we had free speech then we would have a voice to stop the leftist destruction of the USA.

The leftist currently ‘are’ in the processes of destroying Fox News and seeking the delegitimatizing of certain online news groups as well as any who do not prorogate their own leftist dribble. Soon all we will have is the multi equivalent of Joseph Goebbels propaganda in all levels of news and entertainment by means of projection and groupthink.

I deplore the thought and reality of a new Civil War in America; however, it may just come to that: millions of Americas slaughtering each other due to brainwashed fascist/new Marxist leftist goals and agenda.

We sat thru eight years of Obama and the left's assaults on reason and civility and so many sighed relief when it ended peacefully but the fact is - it hasn't ended peacefully. They want blood - blood - It maybe that we just may be heading toward such a Civil War by the need to take back our country by force of arms against the New Marxist elites and their cronies.

But then you have the distractions of North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran that may prevent this which might also explain why these countries need America using themselves as threats to buy time for the left to take over the country so they can march in un-opposed and enslave us all.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:I personally give little merit to many "end times" prophecies Christians come up with. They're as wide and far as the sand on the seashore, and come and go according to the tide. Exaggeration obviously, but you get the drift.

Oh,I know,but when we have two different Christian prophets who prophecied the rise of Trump and made specific prophecies about what was going to happen and they are being fulfilled before our eyes I think we should pay attention.I am and I know that Trump will take down the giant which is the establishment in both parties in Washington and God is using Trump to restore America,the enemies will not stop God's will eventhough they will try to. It was even prophecied that they would call for his impeachment,which they have but Trump will not be impeached,there is more to it than this,but this is just an example of prophecies prophecied by a retired fireman Mark Taylor and Kim Clement before he died,that are being fulfilled.Yes,there are many false prophets out there but these two prophets and their prophecies concerning Trump becoming President and then what would happen as a result and they are being confirmed legit.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.