University in Texas opens prayer room for Muslims

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: University in Texas opens prayer room for Muslims

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote:
The Kid: Sounds like a liberal agenda is under afoot, the same one that the last presidency kept supporting.
Well, as it is a SECULAR university, how could they be excluded? Would you have the secular humanists running many universities ban Christian prayer on campus (yes, it's been tried). See how this works?

We must remember, we are not living in a theocracy. Our laws are based upon a sense of individual freedom to practice whatever as long as you cause no harm to others. So, upon what basis are we to stop whatever inclusiveness that is legal? Do you believe in our laws of individual freedoms or not? But that's not to say some things assumed that should be (or currently are) a right actually should be - as such would necessarily encroach upon the rights of others.
Fair point.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

To add, Humanist ideologies have seeped even into Pope Francis' own viewpoints it seems:
  • The first question came from a girl living in a region where 80 percent of the population is unbelieving. She asked (translated): “My friends do not go to Church, but they are my friends. Do I have to help them to go to Church or is it enough that they remain good friends?”

Pope Francis answered that the “last thing” the girl has to do is to “speak.” He urged her to, “live like a Christian, like a Christian girl: chosen, forgiven, and on a path.”

Then he argued ambiguously: “It is not licit [lawful] that you convince them of your faith; proselytism is the strongest poison against the ecumenical path.

“You must give testimony of your Christian life; it will be your testimony that will stir the hearts of those who look at you,” he added.

And he concluded: "It will be the Holy Spirit that moves the heart with your testimony – that is way you ask – and regarding that you can tell the 'why,' with much thoughtfulness. But without wanting to convince."
Sorry, but Penn Jillette has a better words of advice for Christians:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPe3NGgzYQ0
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Kurieuo wrote:To add, Humanist ideologies have seeped even into Pope Francis' own viewpoints it seems:
  • The first question came from a girl living in a region where 80 percent of the population is unbelieving. She asked (translated): “My friends do not go to Church, but they are my friends. Do I have to help them to go to Church or is it enough that they remain good friends?”

Pope Francis answered that the “last thing” the girl has to do is to “speak.” He urged her to, “live like a Christian, like a Christian girl: chosen, forgiven, and on a path.”

Then he argued ambiguously: “It is not licit [lawful] that you convince them of your faith; proselytism is the strongest poison against the ecumenical path.

“You must give testimony of your Christian life; it will be your testimony that will stir the hearts of those who look at you,” he added.

And he concluded: "It will be the Holy Spirit that moves the heart with your testimony – that is way you ask – and regarding that you can tell the 'why,' with much thoughtfulness. But without wanting to convince."
Sorry, but Penn Jillette has a better words of advice for Christians:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPe3NGgzYQ0
I've been mentioning this in two of my posts, but almost no one responds. http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.co ... e-prophet/ Ik for the Catholics here this may be upsetting, but it also points out what you described, and states he is false bc of it.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I responded. ;) If it helps, your post was the reason it came to mind here.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)