Democrats ‘party of the Ku Klux Klan

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Democrats ‘party of the Ku Klux Klan

Post by B. W. »

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Democrats ‘party of the Ku Klux Klan

Post by Jac3510 »

:shakehead:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Yes, B.W., the Democrats were once the party of the clan. George Wallace was a Democrat. The strongest opposition to integration came from the Democratic Party. These things are well-known, historical facts, not deep, dark secrets.

Another thing that's a historical fact is that after Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act in 1964 the political landscape completely chamged. Some segregationists, such as Strom Thurmond, moved to the Republican Party. Others, like former Klansman Robert Byrd, changed their tunes. It was the same for average citizens. Most of the white South bailed on the Democrats and started voting GOP, and lots of moderates joined the Democrats.

Long story short, Cruz is factually correct, but by pretending that that one fact tells the whole story he drifts back into Lyin' Ted territory.

Of course you already knew all of that, so I'm not sure where you're going with this thread...
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

BW was clearly posting this to poke more fun at Rick for believing anything that Lyin' Ted has to say as he (Rick) insisted that he (Teddy) was ordained by God to be the next POTUS. Poor Rick didn't know that Clinton actually was ordained, but that God didn't take into account the giant voter fraud of five million votes that gave it to Trump. :twisted:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Cruz is basically telling his voters what they want to hear. I have never pegged Cruz as a true conservative, I think he just listened to Rush Limbaugh one day, heard this fact which has been known forever, and regurgitated it, nothing more.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:BW was clearly posting this to poke more fun at Rick for believing anything that Lyin' Ted has to say as he (Rick) insisted that he (Teddy) was ordained by God to be the next POTUS. Poor Rick didn't know that Clinton actually was ordained, but that God didn't take into account the giant voter fraud of five million votes that gave it to Trump. :twisted:
Still wondering how God could've been so wrong...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Because God is a Republican and watches Fox News of course. That or He was persuaded by the rest of the media that a racist serial killing dictator could never beat the True Conservative (tm).