President Donald J. Trump

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

President Donald J. Trump

Post by ultimate777 »

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Post by Hortator »

I'm sorry but that OP is a mess. The title doesn't match the link, which provides no basis for discussion, unless the topic were about gaslighting. But that's pretty broad isn't it? Like, what in particular about gaslighting as it pertains to politics?

Did you fall asleep making this? :lol:
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

History will tell, that book is yet to unfold.
What will be will be.
We can only sit by and observe the journey.
The paradigm shift that has occurred within politics globally is troubling but not surprising. Putting aside a left vs right mentality we are seeing a resurgence of far right mentality that has been previously marginalized due to its extreme ideals and a so called patriotism that when push comes to shove is racially motivated.
When I reflect on society, I am deeply concerned. The world wide trend within the US, Europe and Australia that has previously seen hate groups marginalized and discredited both socially and politically is now on the rise and is in my opinion a testament to the times in which we live.
A breakdown of society,
When patriotism is no longer a love of country but rather a call of intolerance towards those that
dont fit a very self serving agenda. Fueled by social media that no longer reflects any truth in reporting.
We live in a fickle world devoid of truth coupled with a pack mentality to such an extent that I am left with little hope that anyone is but a reflection of puppetry.
Fu*k the left and screw the right because let's face it politically it's a clever dance to divide and encapsulate the masses. In the meantime everyone is being screwed over!!
Keep us entertained long enough and it's easy to pull the wool over our eyes!!
And yet we think it's a Christian response, and that there's a Christian divide but we are the people that are being the most mind screwed, too easily manipulated in a political world we have no place in.
Spirituality and politics are like mixing cinide and baking flour. Whilst one serves to destroy the other serves to create. In today's world there is no purpose to unite, there never has been. It's a flaw to try and unite spirituality to politics. Or vice versa.
Any claim of a political religious higher ground is a manipulative ploy that quite frankly we should be so much more attuned too.
As a collective.
The moment Christians became a bargaining tool in political sway is the same time we lost our credibility, not politically but spiritually.
We have sway in the political arena, but we have lost our way in the teachings of Christ. We are a force to be reckoned with in regards to our vote but we have no value in our spiritual walk. As it has been disintegrated into a social tug of war.
We place more value on our leaders than on our LEADER.
We post more, fight more, concern ourselves more, become more passionate about, debate, are more likely to become enthralled in a discussion over, we wield our politics like it's an extension of our faith, but it's not!
The Christian walk is not an extension of our political agenda. The are not co joined there are in contrast to each other. Which ever way we sway.
The kingdom of heaven is apart from this world, its truth lies in the fabric of faith, love, compassion and empathy.
It is has no place in worldly politics and any agenda to argue otherwise is false in every sense of the word and world.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

While Christian values are rooted in Who God is, in the REAL world of very tough choices - and that is when people actually HAVE choices - we must continually choose between often imperfect and scary options. And those options are often not of our own design or desire. Nonetheless, political options typically break down into three choices: Choose either A, B or C: "None of the Above." Choice C is a defacto decision that the majority of OTHERS will result in electing either A or B WITHOUT YOUR INPUT. ONLY if choices A and B are equally bad, does it seem reasonable to not vote at all - as in, it really doesn't matter. MILLIONS of Christians have been faced with highly troubling candidates - for YEARS. And yet, most realize that we must choose to ride one of the horses amongst one of the ones that God allows us, and not a horse that is ideal and the most righteous - because such a horse DOESN'T EXIST! And we must and and constantly DO choose amongst imperfect, undesirable choices in almost every imaginable area of our lives. It may well be that there are some hugely important issue or issues that Christians deem a particular politician's stance on it as being FAR more dangerous than that of the other candidate, even though that candidate might be terribly flawed. So, just because Christians choose an imperfect choice, making the best decision they can, prayerfully, amongst the ones offered, does not mean Christians are immoral in their voting, but that they are agonizing amongst the available choices. To frame such a dilemma any differently, as if the choices are all black and white; evil or righteous - that's rather disingenuous. As it doesn't reflect the real world.

And if God's people will humble themselves prayerfully and repentantly, He can use WHATEVER politician to our own benefit - even ones that we greatly fear or might despise. Did God use some righteous, God-fearing king to restore Israel from its Babylonian captivity? Would WE have chosen Cyrus? Would WE have thought God could have used an evil pagan King to do that? Course not. Our job is to choose the best option betwixt imperfect options. God is in control. Let's do our part, in the best way we agonizingly can, and then "let" God do His will and trust that He will do so. Course, His decisions have always been known to Him - before there was a world full of sleazy politicians!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

When patriotism is no longer a love of country but rather a call of intolerance towards those that dont fit a very self serving agenda.
I bet many are thanking God the US is coming out from that.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Hortator wrote:I'm sorry but that OP is a mess. The title doesn't match the link, which provides no basis for discussion, unless the topic were about gaslighting. But that's pretty broad isn't it? Like, what in particular about gaslighting as it pertains to politics?

IMHO, Trump gets his success in politics by gaslighting.
I thought it would be obvious
what I'm getting at and suspect you
were feigning incomprehension.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
Hortator wrote:I'm sorry but that OP is a mess. The title doesn't match the link, which provides no basis for discussion, unless the topic were about gaslighting. But that's pretty broad isn't it? Like, what in particular about gaslighting as it pertains to politics?

Sounds like someone is a little bitter.

Time to get over it and move on.

Suck it up and put your big boy pants on.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Jesus said we are salt and light and we cannot make an impact on our world if we forget it. Being always nice is not showing love,there is something special about righteous anger.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hey you cannot just blame America for choosing nationalism over global government. Nationalism is spreading in the west. We have figured out that globalists do not have our best interests at heart,and besides if you're a Christian? You should already know that global government leads to the mark of the beast system and no Christian should be for helping it along while we are still here.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:

Sounds like someone is a little bitter.

Time to get over it and move on.

Suck it up and put your big boy pants on.
You almost make me ashamed to be a three stooges fan :esad: