Pastor Saeed Abedini in Iranian Jail For His Faith

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Pastor Saeed Abedini in Iranian Jail For His Faith

Post by Kurieuo »

Stumbled across an interesting story on Christian Today:
Iranian-American Pastor Saeed Abedini is brimming with gratitude for one U.S. presidential aspirant: Donald Trump.

In a surprising revelation, Abedini said the Republican presidential nominee helped provide for the needs of his family in Boise, Idaho while he was locked up in an Iranian prison for his faith. The pastor said Trump gave his family $10,000 while he was imprisoned for three and a half years.

"I am finally free in a free country. Last year on the same day I was sick and in chains for Christ, and now I can vote to choose my next president," Abedini said in a post on his Facebook page on Sunday.

"And most amazingly, I can vote for someone that I know fought for me and called my name so many times. He met my family and gave them a $10,000 gift. I think his ideas are more biblical than the other candidates," he added.

In contrast, Abedini said Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton did not do or say anything to help secure his release from Iranian prison. The pastor said Clinton never spoke his name or met his family.

"As a woman who says she stands for women's rights when she was foreign minister, she never contacted my mom, wife, sister or my daughter. She never did anything to help when I was in prison as an American pastor who was detained in Iran as a hostage," he wrote.
Seems Trump already helps American Christians where the US administration and Hillary given her powers could have done more.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)