American Women and the Draft - DAFT???

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

American Women and the Draft - DAFT???

Post by Philip »

A movement is afoot to make young American women ALSO have to register for the draft http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-g ... 22862.html. Well, whaddaya think - good, bad, fair, unfair? Only in certain positions? What? And what might Hillary say, haha.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: American Women and the Draft - DAFT???

Post by RickD »

They do have mess tents with kitchens in the military, don't they?

The soldiers need good "home cooked" meals. It's would be great for morale.

I vote for women to be drafted, as cooks, and people to bring beer to the soldiers after a long day.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: They do have mess tents with kitchens in the military, don't they?

I vote for women to be drafted, as cooks, and people to bring beer to the soldiers after a long day.
Private Suzie Sandwich Maker? :shock: :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:

No. GI Jane beer waitress.

Ditch the camos, and make the uniform a German beer dress, or whatever it's called.

Again, strictly for the morale of the troops.

But seriously, women should not be forced to enter the draft to be in combat situations. They can volunteer, but should not be forced.

This would be an example of "equality" going too far, IMO.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:

Ditch the camos, and make the uniform a German beer dress, or whatever it's called.

But seriously, women should not be forced to enter the draft to be in combat situations. They can volunteer, but should not be forced.

Yeah, imo too. Depends, tho. In Israel, its pretty much a necessity.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:

Yeah, imo too. Depends, tho. In Israel, its pretty much a necessity.
I think Israel makes it mandatory that everyone 18-25 serves in the military, although there are exceptions.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_Israel

It would be a good idea to think about doing something like that in the US. Serving the country in some way, not necessarily in the military. It gets people serving, instead of demanding things like free college.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I fear any combat unit Audie is placed in! :shock: :lol:

Ninety-five pounds of pure 'tude! Those ISIS clowns wouldn't know what hit them!
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

A good point there.

But, seriously. Back in the Viet Nam era -- a brother-in-law and his wife met while in the Air Force --they were both medics. They were both discharged and both called Back to work with helicopter rescues. They decided that he would go back and she would stay home. When he got back they would get married. And that's what happened.

Manditory draft for women --NO Voluntary enlistment -- fine. But Not combat -- hospitals / support roles. But Please leave the nasty combat to the men.

Besides --there's the men / women's hygiene to consider. And So many Other aspects. How many women are going to get sexual harassment / raped, etc. Do we really want to Encourage that?

It's almost like there's no longer respect for the women's role in life.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

1) We gotta take into consideration how this might impact families and societies - our military families are already stressed to the max, so many deployments, transfers, etc.

2) For all the PC assertions of "girl power" and how "a woman can do anything a man can," the reality is, NO almost all women can't do certain jobs as well, particularly those requiring a certain level of stamina or strength - so, we're not speaking of intellect or determination, but merely of raw strength/stamina. Yes, there are physically exceptional women (and DON'T go there! :lol: ).

3) Truth be told, I think draft registration should only be for those 21 and upward - regardless of sex.

NOW, let the arguments over the transgendered begin! :lol: No REAL penis, certain jobs are off limits? STILL have one - you may have to do the "Klinger" and serve in a man's role. Remember, they thought Klinger was nuts! y:-?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

The problem I have is less with the draft per se and more with the push to put women in combat roles. It's one thing to draft my daughters for intelligence work. It's quite another to put them in a convoy or on the front lines where they are at a physical disadvantage.

If this happened and I had a son who was drafted into combat duty, then I would pray for him and encourage him to go. If it happened to my daughter, I'd be a resident of Canada or Mexico. Just sayin'.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Back during the World Wars -- weren't women put to work the various plants because the men were shipped off to war. Someone had to take their places. And then the women realized that they were as capable of assembly-line / factory work as the men were.

3) and who else Is drafted -- age-wise -- and there Is a cut-off age. Around 35 or 40? Personally I think it should be for single-men only. Some years back there was a young couple who'd been married for just a couple of months, the new husband received a draft notice. He contacted the appropriate official suggesting that he got it assuming he was still single -- but he was now married and wished for an exemption -- he was refused -- his number had come up and he Would be serving at least the 2 yrs. When he reported for duty, he discovered a couple of other newly wed men and they decided to be there for each other / encourage each other in being long-distance husbands. In the Meantime -- his wife backed away from the group of young married wives and rejoined her single-friends in their activities. It was simply too hard to be the only single-married woman in the group. And That - I realize - is off the topic of Women being drafted.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Perhaps people missed the point that it's selective service.
Women serving in the military have contributed to the war machine over the years in fundamentality important ways.
They get their stripes by passing the same physical and psychological requirements as their penis wielding peers.
It's not by force but by selective choice.
Even though we have a uterus we can still make the same decisions of sacrifice for our country and family.

Women have a long history in military combat, going back to ancient times. With entire armies being made up of women.

I have all kinds of problems with forced conscription but since the Vietnam war in modern history it hasn't happened since.
If military personal voluntarily enlist into the draft then it shouldn't depend on sex but on their value and applicability on the frontline.
Sure that probably means that vast majority are men and I don't have an issue with that but I'm quite certain that a percentage based purely on ability would be bad assed, strong, capable women and if they choose the role then why let an inferior less qualified male take the role based solely on his appendage.

It's all about protecting the country right? :eugeek:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's not about the appendage. It's about men being stronger than women.

Men also have a higher pain tolerance, are better at making decisions, better at shooting, and are less maintenance than women.

:sstopwar: :shijacked: :redcard: :dig:

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Haha okay I'll bite.
Women have a higher pain tolerance than men.
Use google.
Possibly we are higher maintenance but let's not stereo type, I've known my fair share of big fat male pussies.
Women are known to better at multi tasking, how applicable this skill would be in combat situation.
As for being better at shooting I have no idea but I'm pretty sure you made that up with no definitive proof :mrgreen:
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

As for being stronger......
Fancy an arm wrestle :mrgreen: :ewink: