Christian Palestinian uses non violence

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Christian Palestinian uses non violence

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

This article about a Christian Palestinian man who is living in the west bank that is preaching non-violence under some of the most oppressive conditions.

I have a lot of admiration for what this man and his family are doing to bring about peace in the region, this is a guy who gets it, his message of non-violence is the only way to end the continual cycle of hatred and violence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27883685
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Re: Christian Palestinian uses non violence

Post by Byblos »

Admirable but no easy task to preach non-violence to those whose ideology rests on the notion that violence is their god-given right.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:his message of non-violence is the only way to end the continual cycle of hatred and violence.
Wrong. The ''continual cycle of hatred and violence'' will never end thanks to human will. There will be no peace in Israel until Messiah comes.

Another thing: the article is thinly veiled criticism of Israel, typical of the BBC.

FL y~o)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:his message of non-violence is the only way to end the continual cycle of hatred and violence.
Wrong. The ''continual cycle of hatred and violence'' will never end thanks to human will. There will be no peace in Israel until Messiah comes.

Another thing: the article is thinly veiled criticism of Israel, typical of the BBC.

FL y~o)
Just because there will be no peace until the return of Jesus does not give us licence to be violent.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being critical of Israel, the are a human run government and can be just as evil as any other country.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

FL y~o)
Just because there will be no peace until the return of Jesus does not give us licence to be violent.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being critical of Israel, the are a human run government and can be just as evil as any other country.
Anti-semite :mrgreen:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

FL y~o)

Anti-semite :mrgreen:
Haha

If anything anti-violence, if I was anti-Semite I would only be hating myself. Maybe I might be anti-Zionist.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:if I was anti-Semite I would only be hating myself. Maybe I might be anti-Zionist.
Since you do not believe the Bible to be the very word of God - God-breathed, 2 Tim 3:16 - I understand your anti-Zionism. You are in the same predicament as many Hassidim and Reform Jews. No wonder you are drawn to the innuendo of the BBC.

FL :housekeeping:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Danieltwotwenty wrote:if I was anti-Semite I would only be hating myself. Maybe I might be anti-Zionist.
Since you do not believe the Bible to be the very word of God - God-breathed, 2 Tim 3:16 - I understand your anti-Zionism. You are in the same predicament as many Hassidim and Reform Jews. No wonder you are drawn to the innuendo of the BBC.

FL :housekeeping:
Oh but I do believe the Bible is inspired and God breathed, just not in the same way you do according to your own interpretation. :housekeeping:

For the record I was joking when I said I was anti-zionist, I thought that was plainly evident, just like you do with the Bible you read in what you want to believe. :shakehead:

Now I would like you to explain to me how this story on this particular persons situation is innuendo or do you think the state of Israel is above any kind of suspicion. The BBC's story does not seem very allusive or oblique in it's remarks about the injustice of what is happening to this Christian man and how the state of Israel is persecuting him, I thought it was pretty straight to the point of calling out the Israeli governments bad behavior.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:This article about a Christian Palestinian man who is living in the west bank that is preaching non-violence under some of the most oppressive conditions.

I have a lot of admiration for what this man and his family are doing to bring about peace in the region, this is a guy who gets it, his message of non-violence is the only way to end the continual cycle of hatred and violence.

Seriously, if you think that Israel and the Jews are violent oppressive people, take a trip to Israel sometime and see for yourself. While Israel can have it's clashes with these "anti-Jewish" forces, Israel has been WAY MORE helpful to the Palestinian people than the Muslim extremists that seek to destroy the Israel state and anyone else, including the moderate Muslims, or Christians that will get in their way. The Arab Christian population in the west bank only make up about 4 percent of the population there but are used as pawns to try to draw Christians into their "so called" cause when really it supports the muslim extremists propaganda.

I never trust anything from the BBC, or as I call it the "Big Barfing Corporation." They make up the senseless stupidity in the world.. y[-(
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:This article about a Christian Palestinian man who is living in the west bank that is preaching non-violence under some of the most oppressive conditions.

Seriously, if you think that Israel and the Jews are violent oppressive people, take a trip to Israel sometime and see for yourself. While Israel can have it's clashes with these "anti-Jewish" forces, Israel has been WAY MORE helpful to the Palestinian people than the Muslim extremists that seek to destroy the Israel state and anyone else, including the moderate Muslims, or Christians that will get in their way. The Arab Christian population in the west bank only make up about 4 percent of the population there but are used as pawns to try to draw Christians into their "so called" cause when really it supports the muslim extremists propaganda.

I never trust anything from the BBC, or as I call it the "Big Barfing Corporation." They make up the senseless stupidity in the world.. y[-(

So G do you think the Israeli government cannot do any wrong ever?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

I never said the the Israeli government is perfect nor would the Israeli government probably ever portray themselves as "perfect." But in numerous cases Israelis are actually forced into these positions to defend themselves and also put themselves in great danger by giving up land. So in many cases they are portrayed as the aggressors, but sometimes that is what you have to do to defend yourself. And there is no joy in this..

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

I never said the the Israeli government is perfect nor would the Israeli government probably ever portray themselves as "perfect." But in numerous cases Israelis are actually forced into these positions to defend themselves and also put themselves in great danger by giving up land. So in many cases they are portrayed as the aggressors, but sometimes that is what you have to do to defend yourself. And there is no joy in this..
I don't think you can justify defending yourself against someone who is being peaceful.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
For the record I was joking when I said I was anti-zionist, I thought that was plainly evident, just like you do with the Bible you read in what you want to believe. :shakehead:
Don't forget that Jesus was a Jewish Zionist and that one day He will be coming to restore His kingdom back to Israel - Acts 1:6. And that the Torah will be taught from Jerusalem by Christ during the Messianic age - Isaiah 2:2-3; 42:6, Zechariah 8:3, Micah 4:2.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote: I don't think you can justify defending yourself against someone who is being peaceful.
I think that article is way over exaggerated. I'm sure the IDF has their reasons even though they are portrayed as being intolerant. Sometimes it's even for their own good.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Don't forget that Jesus was a Jewish Zionist and that one day He will be coming to restore His kingdom back to Israel - Acts 1:6. And that the Torah will be taught from Jerusalem by Christ during the Messianic age - Isaiah 2:2-3; 42:6, Zechariah 8:3, Micah 4:2.
G I am not anti-Zion, I believe the Jews have a rightful claim to the land but they also have to respect other people who live there also. This man as far as I can gather just wants to live in peace and the Israeli government seems to be going to great lengths to make his life extremely difficult. I think it is wrong and I don't think this is how God would want his people to behave, especially since we are all God's people.