Exam Exalts Islam and Demeans Christianity

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Human
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Exam Exalts Islam and Demeans Christianity

Post by Human »

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/09/04/ ... istianity/

In the name of tolerance let us show the greatness of all religions and beliefs, unless those beliefs be of the Truth.... <_<
humblesmurph
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Exam Exalts Islam and Demeans Christianity

Post by humblesmurph »

Was anything on the test shown to be false?
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

humblesmurph wrote:Was anything on the test shown to be false?
Deceptive... is a more apt description for the test…

High taxes imposed on Jews and Christian and other faiths for not converting to Islam during the glory days of Islam and mathematics etc,, or how they have done nothing since. Or How Islam with all it powerfully richness does not respond to natural disasters like the USA or other nations but seeks to subvert other nations into converting to Islam first through subterfuge and if that fails force. That Islam is a warrior religion. It does not tell how Islam teaches bigotry - no non-Islamic person can step foot in Mecca or other holy sites - you can be put to death in a Muslim country giving a bible to a Muslim... Women have no rights and are stoned to death on the word of a man. There is more...

…but again for the progressive left in this country whose enemy is Christianity: the enemy of my enemy is my friend… and the ends justify the means…

Was the truth about Islam really in the test - I think not...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

My first impression when reading such things is to react. However, history has proven Christianity survives under persecution and even becomes a shining light to those down and outcast.

I'm not necessarily referring to Islam as persecuting, but secular and cultural perspectives. If Christianity were oppressed, then you'd just have more refined Christians. The chaff gets burned and you're left with gold. While certainly not a picnic, this thought still appeals to me greatly.

Then everything gets rolled up at the end, and God is the judge and justifier of us all. That brings me some comfort, that one day the truth will be made known and things made right.
humblesmurph
Established Member

Post by humblesmurph »

Respectfully, the US is a largely Christian nation. We know of the good things that people have done under the flag of Christianity. We know the story of Jesus. We've seen the Passions. We get off work for Christmas, Good Friday, and Easter. Many people know nothing of the Christian Crusades. Many people's only knowledge of Islam is crazy kooks flying into buildings and blowing themselves up on street corners. I don't see the harm in teaching the lesser known facts of Christian history. I think that it is a good thing to teach that all Muslims are not hate mongers and that they have contributed to the history of mankind. This type of knowledge isn't going to shake anybody's faith, and it might just make people more tolerant and less judgmental.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

humblesmurph wrote:Respectfully, the US is a largely Christian nation. We know of the good things that people have done under the flag of Christianity. We know the story of Jesus. We've seen the Passions. We get off work for Christmas, Good Friday, and Easter. Many people know nothing of the Christian Crusades. Many people's only knowledge of Islam is crazy kooks flying into buildings and blowing themselves up on street corners. I don't see the harm in teaching the lesser known facts of Christian history. I think that it is a good thing to teach that all Muslims are not hate mongers and that they have contributed to the history of mankind. This type of knowledge isn't going to shake anybody's faith, and it might just make people more tolerant and less judgmental.
So you are essentially saying that the full truth doesn't matter, at least when religion is concerned?
humblesmurph
Established Member

Post by humblesmurph »

Kurieuo wrote:
humblesmurph wrote:Respectfully, the US is a largely Christian nation. We know of the good things that people have done under the flag of Christianity. We know the story of Jesus. We've seen the Passions. We get off work for Christmas, Good Friday, and Easter. Many people know nothing of the Christian Crusades. Many people's only knowledge of Islam is crazy kooks flying into buildings and blowing themselves up on street corners. I don't see the harm in teaching the lesser known facts of Christian history. I think that it is a good thing to teach that all Muslims are not hate mongers and that they have contributed to the history of mankind. This type of knowledge isn't going to shake anybody's faith, and it might just make people more tolerant and less judgmental.
So you are essentially saying that the full truth doesn't matter, at least when religion is concerned?

No, that is not exactly what I am saying. It isn't about religion, it's about teaching kids new things instead of just reinforcing what they already know.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

humblesmurph wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

No, that is not exactly what I am saying. It isn't about religion, it's about teaching kids new things instead of just reinforcing what they already know.
They might be getting taught new biases, but I doubt they would be really getting taught true knowledge.