Are you prepared and ready for the stand of your lifetime?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Are you prepared and ready for the stand of your lifetime?

Post by zoegirl »

Again, then webetter be ready to throw out the definition of marriage with regards to the number of people invovled. If the definition is now open for changing, then 3 poeple, 2 men, 1 woman, polygamy....and on and on it goes. But why should those groups be any lees fortunate than gays? If it's he love and commitment that's the issue, then any group that has the love and commitgment should then be granted.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
natcat86
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by natcat86 »

Why would it bother you if polygamy was made legal zoegirl? homosexuality is a sin but for better or worse the law isn't based on what is sinful. If marriage became open to all combinations of concenting adults, it wouldn't make my marriage worse or under threat. If a polygamist family with children at my child's school were married it wouldnt corrupt my child. Basically we're talking about concenting adults.

I know lots of couples made up of one man and one woman who got married in civil ceremonies because they dont believe in God but they are still married. If its just about keeping marriage as popularly defined, one man, one woman in the site of God then we should ban all civil ceremonies also. As a christian I obviously believe the bibles view on marriage and sexual immorality, but as a citizen I feel it shouldn't be up to the majority to decide on the rights of the minority, and certainly not based on religious beliefs. If you made laws based on religion, in 100 years England or America might be under Sharia law. Making gay marriage legal might open a can of worms concerning numbers of people entering into each contract but just cuz it might get messy doesnt mean we should shy away from working it out.

Ps I really liked your earlier post on the biology side of sex, refreshingly frank!!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

My point goes towards really the end result of this. Most people don't think through what this really means. And most start balking at the idea of changing marriage to include multilpe parties and yet they don't realize that messing around with the definition of marriage requires redefining not only the genders invovled but also the numbers.

I also don't think people realize the legal ramifications and the problems of abuse in the legal system. (insurance, child welfare, child custody, wills, etc)

All of this has been hashed out. You can read thruogh the earlier posts for my positions.

Thanks for the compliment about my frankness....hopefulyl we all are adults here and many don't know the differences between the design of our systems.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
TellMe~Ily
Acquainted Member

Post by TellMe~Ily »

I'm glad there are still Christians willing to fight for the protection of marriage. Sometimes I feel I'm sort of alone on the homosexual debate. :?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by ageofknowledge »

TellMe~Ily wrote:I'm glad there are still Christians willing to fight for the protection of marriage. Sometimes I feel I'm sort of alone on the homosexual debate. :?
Not at all. Homosexual marriage (the process by which a man and a woman enter into a lifetime God instituted covenant relationship) is blasphemy.
TellMe~Ily
Acquainted Member

Post by TellMe~Ily »

Oh yes,I understand.
I was saying that sometimes I felt like one of the very few who believed in protection of marriage. It's nice to know there are many people who follow God's word.