The movie Religulous by Bill Maher

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: The movie Religulous by Bill Maher

Post by Byblos »

7777777 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
7777777 wrote:I simply think Collins is wrong.
Prove it.
I don't need to. He does.
Yes you do. You are the one claiming he is wrong. On what basis can you make such a statement without any backup whatsoever? Either you know he is wrong and you can prove it or you don't know he is wrong.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Recognized Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by 7777777 »

Byblos wrote:
7777777 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
7777777 wrote:I simply think Collins is wrong.
Prove it.
I don't need to. He does.
Yes you do. You are the one claiming he is wrong. On what basis can you make such a statement without any backup whatsoever? Either you know he is wrong and you can prove it or you don't know he is wrong.
OK you win. Let me make it short. No transitional fossils. The end.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

7777777 wrote:OK you win. Let me make it short. No transitional fossils. The end.
I don't see any transitional either... It's just a belief. Just for the record. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

7777777 wrote:OK you win. Let me make it short. No transitional fossils. The end.
Hardly the end but now we're getting somewhere. Now define transitional.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by 7777777 »

Byblos wrote:
Hardly the end but now we're getting somewhere. Now define transitional.
There are tons of videos and readings on the Internet. Some are even on this site. They can explain it much better than I can. You can study them. I am not a biologist so I need disseminate what I read and watch and make a decision. I have made the decision to reject this scientific theory. There are other reasons, such as the time frame required that doesn't mesh with my beliefs. Like, why would God let humans roam the earth for 98,000 years before revealing The 10 Commandments? Also, a mention in the Bible would help the theory as well. But, it is not mentioned. In fact, the Bible tells us the animals and Adam were created separately (i.e., no transition).

Whether evolution is true or not doesn't affect my relationship with God very much so I don't spend a lot of time refuting it...I just don't believe it.

I understand there are two views on this issue and you can read and watch views from both sides but the side that says "there are no transitional fossils"? That's me!!!! :D