Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Post by abelcainsbrother »

For years the Republican Party has used Christians for their vote with no intention of doing anything for Christians. I mean for years Republican after Republican have ran on a pro-life platform against abortion and yet nothing ever changed so that they just used Christians for their vote. Donald Trump ran on a pro-life platform also and has defunded planned parenthood something no other Republican would have done.Donald Trump though has actually done something to change things and you should be thanking him.Trump appointed a conservative Supreme Court judge to the Supreme Court just like he said he would,which could lead to Roe vs Wade being overturned and sent back to the states to decide,this is huge,especially if he gets to appoint a few more.

Also recently Donald Trump signed an executive order that much more helps and allows Christians to speak out politically from the pulpit,etc and not lose their tax exempt status. So I think you Christians who don't appreciate Donald Trump are overlooking just how much Donald Trump has done for Christians already,unlike any other Republican we've ever had including Ronald Reagan.

Thank Donald Trump that Roe vs Wade could be overturned in the future,thank Donald Trump for taking the muzzle off of Christians to be able to speak out politically if they want to. Donald Trump has done more for Christians already than any other President in modern history,so thank him.Count your blessings Christians. Donald Trump has not just used Christians for their votes like Republicans always do,he has delivered for us and you should be thanking him.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Littlefinger
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Re: Why every Christian should be thanking Donald Trump.

Post by Littlefinger »

How can any Christian even defend a immoral man like Trump? Even if Hitler did something which might benefit Christians should he be thanked?

The Bible teach to judge by the heart and by the spirit, not by works. And is there anything to suggest that Trump has his heart in the right place?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Dear Mr. Trump,

Thank you for not being Hillary Clinton. That's why you got my vote.

Sincerely,

Conservative America
y**==
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I remember Christians not necessarily believing Donald Trump was a Christian eventhough he said he was.I remember Ted Cruz fans doubting Trump is pro-life because he had been pro-choice for years up until he ran for President and so he is not really pro-life.Eventhough Donald Trump explained that he changed his mind after a conversation with a loved one.These people were wrong because Donald Trump has done more for us pro-lifers than any other Republican has..

And before Donald Trump even ran for President he met with Christian ministries and leaders and asked them why they don't speak out more politically and they told him we would lose our tax exempt status and he told them that he wants to change that if he wins and yet he recently signed an executive order which helps to fulfill this promise.I mean he could have done just like the rest of Republicans have and done nothing after he won.but he has kept his promises,atleast so far.

Alot of Trump nay-sayers who are Christians have turned out to be wrong about Donald Trump and they secretly still long for Ted Cruz eventhough I doubt even he would have done what Donald Trump has. Ted Cruz is why we now have John Roberts who voted for Obamacare twice and Ted Cruz lied about it when Donald Trump called him on it during one of the debates.Donald Trump has delivered and has kept his word to us Christians.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Littlefinger wrote:How can any Christian even defend a immoral man like Trump? Even if Hitler did something which might benefit Christians should he be thanked?

The Bible teach to judge by the heart and by the spirit, not by works. And is there anything to suggest that Trump has his heart in the right place?
That had to be the fastest anyone here has broken Godwin‘s law before. Maybe Jac was right about this?

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Littlefinger wrote:How can any Christian even defend a immoral man like Trump? Even if Hitler did something which might benefit Christians should he be thanked?

In Canada,it is considered "hate speech" if a Preacher preaches from the pulpit that same sex marriage is a sin.Christians in America can preach it to the rooftops now thanks to Donald Trump.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

In Canada,it is considered "hate speech" if a Preacher preaches from the pulpit that same sex marriage is a sin.Christians in America can preach it to the rooftops now thanks to Donald Trump.
Great point ACB! We all know that before Trump took office, absolutely no Christians in America were able to say that same sex marriage is a sin.

Is there some kind of alternate universe you're living in?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Great point ACB! We all know that before Trump took office, absolutely no Christians in America were able to say that same sex marriage is a sin.

Is there some kind of alternate universe you're living in?
If it is considered "hate speech"in Canada you don't think it could become "hate speech" here? My point is just like I have said on here during the primaries and althroughout the election is that Donald Trump will not be hostile to Christians if he wins,he is no threat to Christians,he will be a friend to Christians and I'm right.His executive order he signed into law is beneficial to Christians in America,speaking out against same-sex marriages is just an example.Liberals would love to make it "hate speech" to preach against same-sex marriages though,it is political incorrectness to them already now,just like in Cananda before it became "hate speech". I'm just showing the friendly gestures Donald Trump has done for Christians.He has not forgot about Jerry Falwell Jr who helped Donald Trump get elected and helped to get Christians to vote for Trump.He has not forgot.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote:In Canada,it is considered "hate speech" if a Preacher preaches from the pulpit that same sex marriage is a sin.
That's a lie.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:In Canada,it is considered "hate speech" if a Preacher preaches from the pulpit that same sex marriage is a sin.
That's a lie.
https://thinkprogress.org/canadian-supr ... 44f5cb2170

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Umm....

Got something that isn't a non sequitur?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

[quote="abelcainsbrother"]

If it is considered "hate speech"in Canada you don't think it could become "hate speech" here? [quote]
It almost is. Even to some Christians if u say it's wrong they call u a homophobe.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:Umm....

Got something that isn't a non sequitur?
You know I don't like to hear liberals speak out about how good abortion or same-sex marriage is for a society,I don't like it.But I believe in free speech and so I will defend their right to speak it eventhough I think they are wrong.We are not for censorship like liberals are who need "safe spaces" for speech they find offensive and do censor conservatives from speaking.Conservatives truly believe in Free-speech,it is liberals who don't and have already tried to censor the alt-right media and had Hillary won she said she would censor them and shut them down because liberals are not truly for freedom like they claim.Conservatives are and we protect it and defend it,not liberals.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kinda seems like you're trying to change the subject.

What you said was a lie, Abe. It's okay to admit it.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:Kinda seems like you're trying to change the subject.

What you said was a lie, Abe. It's okay to admit it.
It is considered "hate speech" in Canada to speak out against same-sex marriages even for religious reasons and I even gave you a liberal news report on it.I'm not changing the subject but making a point that our freedoms can be taken away and it is up to us to defend those freedoms for everybody that includes Christian pastors preaching against sin in our societies and liberals speaking out about how good abortion and same-sex marriage is good for a society.In this context the executive order Donald Trump signed into law is beneficial to Christians,religious organizations,pastors,etc to speak out and have the freedom to make their case about how sin harms our society,etc.