Is God proactive in our daily lives? Or....

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Phoenix
Familiar Member

Is God proactive in our daily lives? Or....

Post by Phoenix »

Did God set the world in motion but left it up to its own devices?

To be more detailed when I ask "is God proactive in our lives." I mean does God sit in heaven and say.."okay I want a rain storm in Texas, and a major hurricane in Flordia to teach those heathens a lesson." "Next I want John Smith to have a heart attack to teach him a lesson."

If God set up the world and left it to it's own devices isn't that considered Deism?

I got this from an argument on another board.

"you throw away ALL science for a belief that some superbeing "willed" the Earth into existence with his mind! Or did God use handtools and duct tape when he "created" the Earth?! The idea that a god magically created the Earth is as ludicrous as a belief that the Sun is god or the stars are campfires in the sky! And it IS possible to believe the Earth was created at random, or was an accident. Do you believe that rain drops fall randomly or that a God directs every drop to a predetermined location? If you believe that rain falls randomly, then you believe that randomness occurs in nature. If you believe in a "Rain God" directing every drop to its place on the ground...well you got more problems to worry about than evolution!! Do you also believe that storms are from an "angry God" also?"

I for one believe that God set up everthing a left it to it's own devices. Yet I believe God can intervene sometimes in our daily lives.

Your thoughts?