The Faith of John McCain

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Faith of John McCain

Post by Philip »

As McCain has just passed away, and as he wasn't known for religiosity of speech or trumpeting his faith, many may not realize he was indeed a Christian. Here, Rick Warren interviewed both Obama and McCain about their faith beliefs and what it means to them. On THIS page https://thirty-thousand.org/pages/ ... 008.htm#JC, scroll down to the section, "What does it mean to you to be a follower of Christ?"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: The Faith of John McCain

Post by RickD »

Old man vs technology link fail!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

OK, here is is again.

Rick Warren asks both John McCain and Barak Obama the question: "What does it mean to you to be a follower of Christ?"

https://thirty-thousand.org/pages/Saddl ... 008.htm#JC
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What does it mean to you to be a follower of Christ?
McCain: It means I’m saved and forgiven. And we’re talking about the world. Our faith encompasses not just the United States of America, but the world.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

John McCain is burning in hell. John McCain was an evil Imperialist Shabbos Goy Neocon Deep State Stooge. The man murdered and killed people and so did his father. A Vietnam POW who spent his life revisiting war on others every chance he got.

Thank God he was never elected President to pay back his campaign masters. Millions of people would have been killed.

There wasn't a war he didn't want. Banker bailouts. Corruption. War. McCain's religion is irrelevant. Evil is evil regardless if you're a Christian or not.

Everything on Google and You Tube praising the life of John McCain is pure propaganda. The man was evil. Just plain evil. He is right up there with Bill Kristol and Madeleine Albright.

God gave him another chance after the Vietnam war - power over others - and look what he used it for - evil. Then God gave him another chance with his brain tumor. Did he repent? Nope!

If the man was a Christian it was to get votes. It doesn't even matter if McCain was a Christian because McCain lived his life as an agent of evil.

John McCain is in hell burning.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:07 pm What does it mean to you to be a follower of Christ?
McCain: It means I’m saved and forgiven. And we’re talking about the world. Our faith encompasses not just the United States of America, but the world.

Bill Kristol's butt buddy - Saved and Forgiven. So he can be an agent of evil. It's all good though. He can do whatever he wants because he's been "saved".

I don't think so. He was an evil warmonger.

McCain used his position of power for war, murder, mayhem, poverty, torture, false imprisonments, loss of liberties, corruption - the list goes on. He was worse than Ted Kennedy. The man is in HELL.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Just because any person might casually say he is a 'Christian', it does not mean he is a saved Christian.

We won't know for sure if he got saved or not unless:-

(i) Our Guardian Angel tells us,
(ii) The Holy Spirit shows us,
(iii) Christ tells us,
(iv) and then we blab about it here on this forum.

The next best thing we could do is post a youtube video about McCain in Heaven or Hell and see what the response is like. If we get a high statistical amount of people saying "I have seen him in...." or "The Holy Spirit showed me he is in ....." a particular place, then it might be safe to assume he is where he is.

In the past, I have been told of people who have made it to heaven/hell. Personally I'd like to know but, from the conversations we've had here though, I don't think that kind of info is of much use to anyone. What would you do with that information anyway? What will ordinary people start to think ?

"Hey, that dude is in Hell, better not do what he did !" or "Hey, I heard he's in Heaven, I wonder how he did that !"
Last edited by LittleHamster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Of course WE don't know that McCain's faith was real - we can only go upon what he said.

Blessed seems to not understand what makes one saved! If you look at many of the key Bible figures that God used, quite a few of them had hideous things in their backgrounds. David even had a man killed (in war) so he could have his wife. Moses was a murderer. Etc. And there will be more than a few murderers in heaven - as they later turned to the Lord in faith. There is no sin that cannot be forgiven, except permanently denying God!
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:58 pm Of course WE don't know that McCain's faith was real - we can only go upon what he said.

Blessed seems to not understand what makes one saved! If you look at many of the key Bible figures that God used, quite a few of them had hideous things in their backgrounds. David even had a man killed (in war) so he could have his wife. Moses was a murderer. Etc. And there will be more than a few murderers in heaven - as they later turned to the Lord in faith. There is no sin that cannot be forgiven, except permanently denying God!
Oh isn't that nice .. once saved always saved. I don't think so. Especially when you're John McCain.

I don't pretend to know how God judges souls. Especially those he grants power to over others in this world. But looking at it from the ground - all McCain's sins against Humanity, no way.

It's too bad McCain lived this long honestly. If you want to see how terrible he is - look at the people praising him online. Tell me the apple falls far from the tree.

Now he will be sent to a special place. Could be outer darkness, cubes, to amuse the Demons. Afterwards maybe he is "shat out" into the lake of fire. Or maybe he just goes straight into a lake. Who knows. Justice will be served either way. Look at all the people who were murdered, maimed, crippled, and all the riches made, over all these pointless wars. Vietnam being one of many pointless wars. He experienced the horrors of Vietnam himself hands on.. then revisited it on others in a position of power.

Moses murder was justified. The Egyptians had it coming. David was chosen and loved by God. Each person and situation of time and circumstance is different. McCain doesn't compare to any of these people in the Bible. Totally different. He was just an ultra corrupt modern day Roman politician.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Since I'm not an American, can someone give me some specific examples of what he has done that could be regarded as being really evil. I looked on youtube and they all say nasty stuff about him too but they give no examples.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

We can never judge a person's faith.
We can, however, judge their actions and the consequences of their action.
Also, God doesn't grant ANYONE, ANYTHING other than the gift of Grace.
People get into positions of power by what they do and who they know, not be the Grace of God.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Paul: People get into positions of power by what they do and who they know, not be the Grace of God.
Not quite sure what you mean by that? But the Bible tells us it is He who installs people into positions of power.

As for Blessed hatred of McCain: IF we see a person leading a murderous unGodly life AFTER supposedly or claiming they have come to faith in Christ, this would reveal almost certainly they were never saved to begin with. But the idea that a murderer or anyone with a hideous past cannot be forgiven by God, or that faith in Christ, redemption and salvation are not available to them - this is an unScriptural belief.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:33 am
Paul: People get into positions of power by what they do and who they know, not be the Grace of God.
Not quite sure what you mean by that? But the Bible tells us it is He who installs people into positions of power.

As for Blessed hatred of McCain: IF we see a person leading a murderous unGodly life AFTER supposedly or claiming they have come to faith in Christ, this would reveal almost certainly they were never saved to begin with. But the idea that a murderer or anyone with a hideous past cannot be forgiven by God, or that faith in Christ, redemption and salvation are not available to them - this is an unScriptural belief.
So God decides who will be president of the USA?
So much for free will...

Very slippery slope we are on when we state that God is the one the puts people in position of power.
God put Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc, in power?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Breaking news!!!! Stop the presses!!!!

God allows evil, and evil men to be in power!

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Paul: So God decides who will be president of the USA?
Yes!
Paul: So much for free will...
Wrong! God orchestrates events per His will - AND He uses humans' freely chosen desires and actions to do so. God, in His sovereignty, has both given us free will and yet it has parameters - and the free will of man can be used as a tool for God's purposes.
Paul: Very slippery slope we are on when we state that God is the one the puts people in position of power. God put Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc, in power?
God USES the free will decisions of men to guide history and events.

Daniel 2:21: "It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding."

Daniel 2:37-38: "You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory; and wherever the sons of men dwell, or the beasts of the field, or the birds of the sky, He has given them into your hand and has caused you to rule over them all. You are the head of gold."

Daniel 4:17: ""This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers And the decision is a command of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, And bestows it on whom He wishes And sets over it the lowliest of men."

Isaiah 45:1: "Thus says the LORD to Cyrus His anointed, Whom I have taken by the right hand, To subdue nations before him And to loose the loins of kings; To open doors before him so that gates will not be shut" (Note, Cyrus was an evil tyrant!)

Romans 13:1: "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

Joseph told his brothers, "20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Jesus told Pilate (John 19:11: "11 Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above."

Proverbs 8:15: "By me kings reign…"

Acts 13:22: "Then God removed Saul and made David their king…"

Psalms 75: 6-7: "No one … can exalt themselves. It is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another."

Daniel 4:17: "…the Most High has power over human kingdoms. He gives them to whomever he wishes."

Proverbs 8:15: "By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just;"

The Bible not only teaches that God appoints our leaders, it also says he controls their behavior:

Proverbs 21:1: "The king’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the LORD; he guides it wherever he pleases.

Exodus 9:12: "But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron…"
(Note that God uses the desire of the evil pharaoh - already hard against Israel, God "hardENED" his resolve against her! He doesn't make a make ANYONE desire to do evil - as evil people's desires are already there - God merely knows this, and influences and uses it for His glory and the far GREATER good of His eternal purposes.

History is HIS Story - it's why He shuffled and placed people across time and place, according to His purposes - this was not done haphazardly or purposeless. It's one reason how He has always known all outcomes and specifics - as He both orchestrates them, using our free will, but He actually perfectly SEES them before they happen - and ALWAYS has!