Does anyone else not focus on God a lot with all their being?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Does anyone else not focus on God a lot with all their being?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

It's easy for me to not focus on God with all my heart, soul, and might. Anyone else?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Does anyone else not focus on God a lot with all their being?

Post by PaulSacramento »

I focus on God when I choose too, it kind of naturally "flows" that way.
God is not always first and foremost on my mind and I don;t think that is possible for humans.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:It's easy for me to not focus on God with all my heart, soul, and might. Anyone else?
I find it quit difficult to walk with him ceaselessly, and far too easy to forget He exists in the moment. Or me trying to convince myself He doesn't as I'm watering a seed of sin... :?

Enoch accomplished it, but remember he lived 365 years and if memory servers, he didn't start his walk with God until he was old by our standards and after rearing a family. I keep that in mind when I discourage myself due to my lack of living faith.

On the flip side, I remember Him and keep Him close to me consciously more and more. He's definitely a partner in my life, and I see Him and His effects the longer and deeper I stay in Him. Last night, for example, many times I was focused in work or in talk with others and forgot Him (yet knowing Him has changed me to where if I never knew Him, I'd be a different person; so I can reflect Him by who He's making me into even when I forget Him). And there were times where I was walking with Him, keeping with Him and following Him. And those are the times when I'll see Him act, and sometimes through me, always around me, and through others as He's allowed or opens His way into.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 <-- think of it as a dwelling state
Ephesians 2:10 <-- Even though He's omniscient, we still have to choose and live it, as He is a God of the living. In this perspective, do you see the Trust God has put in you before you were born?
Deuteronomy 8:6 + Colossians 1:10-12 Read these two together.
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:It's easy for me to not focus on God with all my heart, soul, and might. Anyone else?
Yes. The physical world just seems a lot more real to me usually.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Define all.
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

I just find it hard to love my neighbor, especially when it seems they don't love me back.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

claysmithr wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 am I just find it hard to love my neighbor, especially when it seems they don't love me back.
Maybe your neighbor is an angel who is having sexual relations with your female neighbor. That may be why you have a difficult time loving your neighbor. I find it difficult to love fallen angels too.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

RickD wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am
claysmithr wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 am I just find it hard to love my neighbor, especially when it seems they don't love me back.
Maybe your neighbor is an angel who is having sexual relations with your female neighbor. That may be why you have a difficult time loving your neighbor. I find it difficult to love fallen angels too.
:pound: :amen: