Born Again & Heroin Addiction

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Born Again & Heroin Addiction

Post by Blessed »

My 1st cousin Sky recently died of a heroin overdose. She was 29.

I'm trying to figure out if Sky is in heaven or hell.

Sky was a very beautiful girl. Upper middle class. Went to Christian school. She started running with the wrong crowd. She became a very rebellious teenager & juvenile delinquent . Out of control and sex with boys drugs parties skipping school disobeying parents running away/disappearing getting arrested etc.

Eventually my Aunt and Uncle sent her to a psychiatrist. He prescribed Sky dangerous mind altering psychiatric medications which only exasperated the problem. Along with his hourly billing sessions of course.

Things became so bad that after several more arrests; Sky's parents banished her and filed a restraining order. Sky lived on the streets heavily involved in hardcore drug use during her twenties going rotating from the streets to back home w her parents (it was a "optional" restraining order). She was arrested many times.

When Sky hit rock bottom she met a street minister and gave have her life to Jesus Christ. She stopped using heroin and cleaned up her life. She discussed this transformation on her Facebook page. She attended church. She got a full time job. Her life stabilized. After she was born again Sky put in the require effort into her life and dramatically improved over several months.

Then her dad died. So she relapsed, binged out for months, and died from a Heroin overdose. She was found dead with a needle in her arm at 29.

It's hard to believe the happy little girl I knew ended up this way.

Anyways. This got me thinking. After you give your soul to God/Jesus Christ... how far does "born again" and "saved" take you?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Born Again & Heroin Addiction

Post by Philip »

Blessed: This got me thinking. After you give your soul to God/Jesus Christ... how far does "born again" and "saved" take you?
The moment of faith and belief in Christ, one enters into a relationship and state that Scripture calls ETERNAL life. And so what does the word ETERNAL mean? It's FOREVER - else Christ's death was not sufficient, His power not capable of overcoming the actions and draw of our own sin nature. We don't quit sinning or struggling against our sins just because we become saved. But POSITIONALLY, God sees us as holy and cleansed - He looks at us as already being in the state in which we will be when we reach our eternal home with Him - forgiven, complete, HIS!

Read through this: http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/s ... iever.html
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Sounds to me like she didn't deny Christ, but accepted Him. Based upon that, I say she's now alive with Him and finally free from bondage, the pain, suffering and turmoil she had to endure. Just because one becomes Christian, such doesn't mean we won't continue struggling and wrestling with sin in our weak fleshly bodies. Whatever vines in life entwined around her and lead to such a sad ending in this world, God remains faithful to His promises, absolutely loves her and so I'm confident based upon what you said that she will live with Christ. Read Paul's words to Timothy in 2 Tim 2:11-13.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The sin that is unforgivable is to blasphemy the HS.
If she did that, well...
See, we can give ourselves over to Christ and still sin, as a matter of fact it's almost a given that we will sin since we are human.
If she believed, She is at peace, waiting the resurrection.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Blessed wrote:My 1st cousin Sky recently died of a heroin overdose. She was 29.

I'm trying to figure out if Sky is in heaven or hell.

Sky was a very beautiful girl. Upper middle class. Went to Christian school. She started running with the wrong crowd. She became a very rebellious teenager & juvenile delinquent . Out of control and sex with boys drugs parties skipping school disobeying parents running away/disappearing getting arrested etc.

Eventually my Aunt and Uncle sent her to a psychiatrist. He prescribed Sky dangerous mind altering psychiatric medications which only exasperated the problem. Along with his hourly billing sessions of course.

Things became so bad that after several more arrests; Sky's parents banished her and filed a restraining order. Sky lived on the streets heavily involved in hardcore drug use during her twenties going rotating from the streets to back home w her parents (it was a "optional" restraining order). She was arrested many times.

When Sky hit rock bottom she met a street minister and gave have her life to Jesus Christ. She stopped using heroin and cleaned up her life. She discussed this transformation on her Facebook page. She attended church. She got a full time job. Her life stabilized. After she was born again Sky put in the require effort into her life and dramatically improved over several months.

Then her dad died. So she relapsed, binged out for months, and died from a Heroin overdose. She was found dead with a needle in her arm at 29.

It's hard to believe the happy little girl I knew ended up this way.

Anyways. This got me thinking. After you give your soul to God/Jesus Christ... how far does "born again" and "saved" take you?
We all have trauma's in life and thank Jesus he came to save us from these and paved the way so we can enter heaven - healed up. She is in heaven. No fault of her own. Jesus came and saved her in his time.

It is these broken heart issues that are seldom discussed or dealt with that causes relapses. Isaiah 61:1-4 is what the church is about, however, so few are doing these things today. Something happened in her life that rob and stole from her, her humanity causing ruin in her life. It is sad that the majority of the modern church world play games or is so intent on winning debates and imitating the world that such heart issues are not dealt with nor or they taught how. In fact, I do not think too many ministers even know how. It is very simple and calls for us to walk with them through the process, weep, cry, laugh with them till they are strong again. It involves apply the blood of Jesus to heal, cleanse, forgive, and help a person to forgive and begin to repent, and erase what one has in common with the world flesh and the devil by asking. There is actual power in the blood of Jesus, activate it by prayer.

Next, the power of the cross that reminds the forces of darkness they have been defeat and by whom. Pray however the Holy Spirit leads. Then note the power of the Resurrection - that Resurrection power each born again person has within themselves, yet so few know it. To pray to have it rise up which the bible teaches plainly on, The power dunamis of the resurrection raising s to new life.

Thayer Definition of dunamis means

-- moral power (Moral Compass) and excellence (Wholeness, soundness) of soul

-- power for performing miracles

It comes by asking as Jesus told us about the Holy Spirit - ask it will be given to us. Too many places do not understand this nor teach it. Very easy. Just take time to walk with a person through it and they themselves too must ask and walk through it.

She is in heaven and that is a good....

Blessings
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys