Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

It is mentioned in one link that I'll have to go back and post here but it didn't say what verse.
http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth ... bible.html
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

Post by Philip »

I think it was that verse: "Thou shalt make thyself a chicken salad!"

:D

Shortly afterward, Eve was created - and thus the chicken salad samwich maker perfected the scene. Right, Rick?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

I'm serious here!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:I think it was that verse: "Thou shalt make thyself a chicken salad!"

:D

Shortly afterward, Eve was created - and thus the chicken salad samwich maker perfected the scene. Right, Rick?
Genesis 1:29-30
You are clearly mistaken Philip. Adam and Eve were vegetarian.

Eve made Adam a BLT, hold the B. With Miracle Whip, not mayo. They used Miracle Whip, to honor the miracle of God's creation. Since Adam and Eve were vegetarian, they invented vegemite. Most people don't know that it wasn't invented in Australia.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Genesis 1:29-30
You are clearly mistaken Philip. Adam and Eve were vegetarian.

Eve made Adam a BLT, hold the B. With Miracle Whip, not mayo. They used Miracle Whip, to honor the miracle of God's creation. Since Adam and Eve were vegetarian, they invented vegemite. Most people don't know that it wasn't invented in Australia.
With great interpretive powers like that, I can see how ACB fell into the GAP! :lol:

Although, strangely, I have a hankering for a sandwich. y:-?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

I'M STILL SERIOUS!
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I'M STILL SERIOUS!
sadly, they arent. just a man thing i guess. but as far as death of any kind, that was never the plan. unfortunately, things dont always go according to plan.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
sadly, they arent. just a man thing i guess. but as far as death of any kind, that was never the plan. unfortunately, things dont always go according to plan.
How, pray tell, would any ecosystem function, if there was no death?

You're saying that God's original plan, was to have an earth, with all life, with no way of sustaining itself?

Sounds like a pretty crappy plan!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

You're saying that God's original plan, was to have an earth, with all life, with no way of sustaining itself?

I can see it happening, but just to say plants were not considered alive in the bible times since they did not have a certian spirit.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

jenna wrote:
What do you mean a man thing? Women can be like this too.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

God's plan was for no death. man brought death upon himself by going against God and eating the forbidden fruit.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

God's plan was for no death. man brought death upon himself by going against God and eating the forbidden fruit.
Well, now you're changing what you said before. Now, it seems you're saying that "man brought death upon himself". That's quite different than no animal nor plant death, whatsoever.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

There is no explicit statement in the bible that that plants and animals were immortal.
Far from it.
Even the context of Adam and Eve shows that ONLY if they ate of the tree of life ( in Eden) would they be immortal.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Paul: Even the context of Adam and Eve shows that ONLY if they ate of the tree of life ( in Eden) would they be immortal.
And upon getting kicked of the Club Eden, they lost God's constant, close presence and His provided access to the necessary tree. And so the physical decay began, per the punishment of God.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote:
Paul: Even the context of Adam and Eve shows that ONLY if they ate of the tree of life ( in Eden) would they be immortal.
And upon getting kicked of the Club Eden, they lost God's constant, close presence and His provided access to the necessary tree. And so the physical decay began, per the punishment of God.
Yep.
Their immortality is conditional on eating of the tree of Life that, analogy wise, can be seen as Christ in the NT.
Our immortality after the resurrection comes from the HS ( the fruit) Via Jesus ( The Tree of life).