Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I'M STILL SERIOUS!
sadly, they arent. just a man thing i guess. but as far as death of any kind, that was never the plan. unfortunately, things dont always go according to plan.
How, pray tell, would any ecosystem function, if there was no death?

You're saying that God's original plan, was to have an earth, with all life, with no way of sustaining itself?

Sounds like a pretty crappy plan!
God's plan was for no death. man brought death upon himself by going against God and eating the forbidden fruit.
Well, now you're changing what you said before. Now, it seems you're saying that "man brought death upon himself". That's quite different than no animal nor plant death, whatsoever.
no i am not changing what i said. God's plan was for no death. man brought death into the world (upon himself) by disobeying God. i didnt change anything, you just did not understand what i meant
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Where in the Bible does it say plants and animals dying was part of God's original plan?

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: sadly, they arent. just a man thing i guess. but as far as death of any kind, that was never the plan. unfortunately, things dont always go according to plan.

You're saying that God's original plan, was to have an earth, with all life, with no way of sustaining itself?

God's plan was for no death. man brought death upon himself by going against God and eating the forbidden fruit.
Well, now you're changing what you said before. Now, it seems you're saying that "man brought death upon himself". That's quite different than no animal nor plant death, whatsoever.
no i am not changing what i said. God's plan was for no death. man brought death into the world (upon himself) by disobeying God. i didnt change anything, you just did not understand what i meant
Are you talking about human death, or death to all living things? Because, when you say something such as, "man brought death into the world (upon himself)", anyone who understands basic English, would think you are saying man brought death to himself, not necessarily to all living things.

Never mind actually. I really don't have the time to get into an argument about what you meant, vs what you actually said.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: sadly, they arent. just a man thing i guess. but as far as death of any kind, that was never the plan. unfortunately, things dont always go according to plan.

Seeing how u're a gap theorist, how do u reconcile that to the death of the original creation?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:

Are you talking about human death, or death to all living things? Because, when you say something such as, "man brought death into the world (upon himself)", anyone who understands basic English, would think you are saying man brought death to himself, not necessarily to all living things.

Never mind actually. I really don't have the time to get into an argument about what you meant, vs what you actually said.
and yet somehow you have the time to respond. imagine that. :roll:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them