Top 5 ‘Heresies’ of 2016:

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Top 5 ‘Heresies’ of 2016:

Post by B. W. »

Here is an interesting article:

Top 5 ‘Heresies’ of 2016

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Top 5 ‘Heresies’ of 2016:

Post by PaulSacramento »

Yeah, I guess those would be big ones, LOL.

The view that Muslims, Jews and Christians worship the same God is a controversial one, that's for sure.
What it means via the Vatican II council was that there is only ONE God and that, even though Muslims and Jews do NOT view God the same way Christians do, it is still the same God.
I disagree.
As Christians our salvation is based on Christ being the Son of God and our salvation is through HIM and ONLY HIM for He IS God IN NATURE and our mediator and Lord. We worship Father, Son and HS and unless Jews and Muslims do the same, we are NOT worshiping the Same God ( even if we are all worshiping God).
I believe that Islam is a deviant path away from God, given by a false god to Mohammed.

That said, those that do not put their faith in Christ will be judged by their actions.

The divorce thing is silly since scripture is clear that only under the cases of adultery and abandonment is divorce justified.
As for living as husband and wife outside of marriage, well, that is a more complex issue.

The issue of the trinity is one that we have been dealing with for centuries and it will not go away.
That said I think it is time to revisit the definition and explanation and make it more clear for all since there is obviously lots of confusion about it.

Bible authority:
The authority of the bible on biblical matters is clear.
The authority of the bible on what is EXPLICIT in the bible is clear.
The issue is the place of tradition, which should be used only to illuminate the implicit and confirm the explicit.
The bible must be taken for what it is and not what some want it to be.

The virgin birth:
The only issue with this is with those that hang on to materialism and even that is kind of silly since science has reached a point that NOW this is not an impossibility.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

I noticed in the past year for sure that I was seeing more and harsher remarks about Pope Francis. I don't go looking for comments, just come across them accidentally in various forums. In times past I almost never encountered a negative remark about the previous ones. From the looks of it, if Francis keeps up what he's doing he may be getting into hotter water.

As far as Vatican II and popes declaring muslims worship the same god, well I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to utter ignorance or utter deceit. A short study of Islam will reveal the Allah of Islam is really Satan. So is the Vatican saying they worship Satan??

If someone like me can figure this out about Islam/Muhammed because its plain as day in the Muslim sources, how is it the Popes don't know?? This whole question really baffles me why anyone during Vatican II and beyond concluded differently.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Are you open to the possibility, JB, that you have not understood or appreciated the Vatican's position here?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

no kidding; or his own. It is us, after all, bombing them back to the Stone Age for their oil, lol.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
JButler
Established Member

Post by JButler »

Jac3510 wrote:Are you open to the possibility, JB, that you have not understood or appreciated the Vatican's position here?
I just woke up and noticed this post. Wasn't trying to ignore Jac3510. Yes, I'm open and await further details.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

In name do they worship the same God, in practice they don't. They have different versions of God, same with Zoroastrians, Hindus, Chinese (Shang-Di), Native American spirituality (Great Spirit), Sikhs, etc. Everyone acknowledges the general idea of God, but there's false versions and different versions of God, so basically the Jews and Muslims worship false gods according to Christians.