Is God a soul eater?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
CozySoul
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Is God a soul eater?

Post by CozySoul »

I know that subject title sounds ridiculous, but please let me explain.

My boyfriend came home from work today and told me about a conversation he had with a Satanist coworker.
He said that the coworker expressed his religious point of view and it goes like this:

He believes that Satan is a justified rebel. He believes that God makes souls so that he can consume them and the sense of peace and feeling of being content that near death experiencers claim to experience in God's presence is similar to the same tactic that certain predators use to subdue prey. He believes that we are being raised like "lambs to the slaughter" and so I suppose they view Satan as their knight in shining armor. He doesn't view God as the creator but just as a powerful being.

The problem I'm having is that I have no good, compelling argument against this theory. I have nothing to disprove it. I haven't been on this forum in years but this is bothering me greatly.
I believe this theory is an assumption based on word choices in the Bible, among other things, but I just can't think of anything that disproves this theory as a possibility, and this is troublesome.

I argued that angels would have told us.
My boyfriend argued that they are either afraid or are just an extension of God himself, like a lure or puppet, and that a Satanist would point at the fallen angels.

I argued that such an elaborate creation such as this universe and life and such wouldn't be necessary to serve that purpose.
My boyfriend argued that maybe experiences enhance the "flavor" of souls.

It all seems very ridiculous, yet I'm disturbed by it. I've prayed for guidance. I'm hoping one of you will know something that I don't and will be able to help. Thank you.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is God a soul eater?

Post by RickD »

Sounds reasonable to me...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Dear Lord what is happening? First God the Father has a body and now he's a soul eater? :esurprised: Well I guess it follows, if he has an immaterial body he must get hungry for immaterial things so it's either souls or those poor angels (or does he leave those for dessert? :pound: ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

CozySoul - I have a sincere question for you. Why do you even think you need an argument against a position like that. If I you that I was God and created the entire world five seconds ago and that if you don't bow down before me and worship me that I was going to damn you to hell this instant, would you feel the need to argue or prove me wrong? I mean, we could point out twenty million things wrong with the scenario you posted. But honest, my question is, why should anyone have to do that?

I'm not fussing at your or making fun or anything. I'm asking a truly sincere question and I hope you see a truly sincere point here. You are not in the least bit morally, spiritually, or intellectually responsible for responding to unfounded foolishness. Now, if someone gives you a positive reason to believe something, you can respond to those reasons. But stuff like this . . . there's nothing to defend because there's no argument at all. The best response is to laugh at the story and say, "Okay." Then ask them if they knew that the word "gullible" isn't in the English dictionary.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

If God isn't the creator, who is?

Faith and belief in God is a choice, a predator wouldn't offer a choice.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

CozySoul wrote:I know that subject title sounds ridiculous, but please let me explain.
Oh, don't worry, this is actually a fantastic first post.
CozySoul wrote: He believes that Satan is a justified rebel. He believes that God makes souls so that he can consume them and the sense of peace and feeling of being content that near death experiencers claim to experience in God's presence is similar to the same tactic that certain predators use to subdue prey. He believes that we are being raised like "lambs to the slaughter" and so I suppose they view Satan as their knight in shining armor. He doesn't view God as the creator but just as a powerful being.
God is not "organic" per se, and has no need for consumption. Does he want more of his children to join Him in His Kingdom? Of course, just like a family patriarch wants as many relatives as possible to come over for a reunion. But your BF's coworker is right about one thing: God is an immeasurably powerful being.
CozySoul wrote: The problem I'm having is that I have no good, compelling argument against this theory. I have nothing to disprove it. I haven't been on this forum in years but this is bothering me greatly.
I believe this theory is an assumption based on word choices in the Bible, among other things, but I just can't think of anything that disproves this theory as a possibility, and this is troublesome.
Well, it's basically a junk idea. I wouldn't even give it the honor of being called a theory, Cozy. Some ideas don't really deserve a response
CozySoul wrote: I argued that angels would have told us.
My boyfriend argued that they are either afraid or are just an extension of God himself, like a lure or puppet, and that a Satanist would point at the fallen angels.
It is true that angels are an extension of God Himself. I'll put it to you this way, if an angel commits one sin, just one, then he or she "loses their wings" forever. They cannot commit evil, just like God is bound not to commit evil.
CozySoul wrote: I argued that such an elaborate creation such as this universe and life and such wouldn't be necessary to serve that purpose.
Has your boyfriend been reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis? Because the demons in that book often talk about the "taste" of souls, which is more poetic liberty than it is Scriptural fact.
CozySoul wrote: It all seems very ridiculous, yet I'm disturbed by it. I've prayed for guidance. I'm hoping one of you will know something that I don't and will be able to help. Thank you.
It doesn't seem ridiculous, it is. You cannot counter this with a 'good, compelling argument' because the argument in question is not good or compelling. It's absurd, and engaging in absurd arguments would only deescalate your own value.

Also, this may be out of bounds for me to say, but I'd rather you were saved than be cross with me. Your boyfriend seems, based on this brief description, very deferential to what a Satanist says. That would worry me if I had a girlfriend with a similar attitude. I won't say anymore, since you've only made one post, and we welcome you to introduce yourself some more here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/viewforum.php?f=2 Tell us more about yourself.

Cheers
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

CozySoul wrote:I know that subject title sounds ridiculous, but please let me explain.

My boyfriend came home from work today and told me about a conversation he had with a Satanist coworker.
He said that the coworker expressed his religious point of view and it goes like this:

He believes that Satan is a justified rebel. He believes that God makes souls so that he can consume them and the sense of peace and feeling of being content that near death experiencers claim to experience in God's presence is similar to the same tactic that certain predators use to subdue prey. He believes that we are being raised like "lambs to the slaughter" and so I suppose they view Satan as their knight in shining armor. He doesn't view God as the creator but just as a powerful being.

The problem I'm having is that I have no good, compelling argument against this theory. I have nothing to disprove it. I haven't been on this forum in years but this is bothering me greatly.

I argued that such an elaborate creation such as this universe and life and such wouldn't be necessary to serve that purpose.

It all seems very ridiculous, yet I'm disturbed by it. I've prayed for guidance. I'm hoping one of you will know something that I don't and will be able to help. Thank you.

Let's see...

Coworkers point is: He believes that Satan is a justified rebel. He believes that God makes souls so that he can consume them and the sense of peace and feeling of being content that near death experiencers claim to experience in God's presence is similar to the same tactic that certain predators use to subdue prey. He believes that we are being raised like "lambs to the slaughter" and so I suppose they view Satan as their knight in shining armor.

Ask the coworker if he or she knows what Psychological Projection is? How it works? etc and etc...

Projection occurs when people defend themselves against their own bad impulses, failures, bad qualities by denying these exist in themselves but instead project these issues unto others in order to shift their-own failures, sins, etc onto someone else to absolve self in order to get what they want: CONTROL.

Projection is a serious issue and tale-tale symptom of people with control freak issues i.e. both overt and covert narcissists types.

So with type of projection, the coworker is actually revealing: ...He believes that Satan makes souls so that he can consume them and the sense of peace and feeling of being content that near death experiencers claim to experience in a godlike presence is similar to the same tactic that certain predators use to subdue prey. He believes that we are being raised like "lambs to the slaughter"

Coworker is projecting Satan's own shortcomings, failures, unto God, that is all...

Such folks seek dominance and control.

If you are not able to deal with this right now, I suggest you back off from talking to this person. Attain some Christian books on Spiritual Warfare and knowing who you are in Jesus Christ and who Jesus Christ is, and the authority Christians have over darkness. Next Pray always, speak forth praise to God, read /study the bible, get into fellowship with strong Christians who know the above things and learn from them, have them pray for you, etc... When you do this, your coworker will feel very uneasy around you.

Satanist seduce, groom, and then game people to control. Seduce and grooming mode and in this mode they appear nice but are not so. You are dealing with the demonic realm and you must know your authority in Jesus Christ and who you are in Christ Jesus as this stuff is real. Sadly much of the modern Church world ignores this and the results are obvious to see all around us.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
CozySoul
Newbie Member

Post by CozySoul »

Thank you all for your replies.
Despite how junky, ridiculous, or foolish this idea seems to someone who is a Christian, that Satanist believes it.
The reason I like to have compelling arguments is to not only help myself in times of great weakness, but to help guide others.
If a person brings up a point of view, such as the Satanist did, and the only thing I can do is shake my head and say that the idea is ridiculous, then that person has nothing but "blind faith" to combat this idea and it could potentially grow in their mind, leading them astray and/or experiencing spiritual turmoil.
Plus, I don't wish to condemn the Satanist. I want to help him. Telling a Satanist that the idea is ridiculous won't accomplish anything. I need to be able to explain why it is ridiculous and how it isn't true.
If I can't do that, then that person feels justified in their belief and continues on that path, missing out on an opportunity to think differently about God.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I can see how such can be troubling if one doesn't have reasons for their own beliefs. You should have your reasons for belief. (1 Peter 3:15) It's a part of loving God with our minds.

It isn't just foolish to a Christian, it is complete baseless foolishness. You don't need to accept any story someone else comes up with off the top of their head. Ask for their sources of knowledge. I doubt they have anything that comes close to Christian foundations.

So then, what is freely asserted is freely deserted. Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

PS. Did I read you right. God creates souls so he can eat them? And yet, God isn't creator? I can tell you now, forget whether or not it is true, forget whether you need to freely dismiss it. Nothing is being really presented because it doesn't even sound logically coherent.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

CozySoul wrote:Thank you all for your replies.
Despite how junky, ridiculous, or foolish this idea seems to someone who is a Christian, that Satanist believes it.
The reason I like to have compelling arguments is to not only help myself in times of great weakness, but to help guide others.
If a person brings up a point of view, such as the Satanist did, and the only thing I can do is shake my head and say that the idea is ridiculous, then that person has nothing but "blind faith" to combat this idea and it could potentially grow in their mind, leading them astray and/or experiencing spiritual turmoil.
Plus, I don't wish to condemn the Satanist. I want to help him. Telling a Satanist that the idea is ridiculous won't accomplish anything. I need to be able to explain why it is ridiculous and how it isn't true.
If I can't do that, then that person feels justified in their belief and continues on that path, missing out on an opportunity to think differently about God.
I don't think anyone is saying that you should tell him his idea is foolish. That's just something you know and for you to work from. The point is that rather than arguing about the position, since you know it's foolish--that it is baseless, that there is no reason to believe it--then you can say, with absolutely all sincerity and really mean it, "Well, I have to say. I've never heard that one before. So you are saying that . . . [repeat the position so he knows you understood him.] So let me ask, how did you come to that conclusion? What evidence do you have that any of this is actually true?"

The nice thing is you'll see pretty quickly there is no evidence, and he'll flounder. And then you're setting yourself up to do what you ought to do anyway. With all sincerity, because you really do mean it, you can offer to show him the actual reasons why what you believe is true, i.e., the historical evidence for the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome to the board by the way. :wave:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

CozySoul wrote:Thank you all for your replies.

Eph 4:14 NKJV, ...that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting...

Have you dealt with Satanist before?

I have...

This is a very important question to ask as I am speaking from experience. You have a noble motive but are you aware that Satanist will seek to exploit that noble motive to their own advantage?

Best way is not debate - tell them your testimony of Jesus Christ and overcome that way.

The God eating god thing they share on, all in various ways, comes from the ancient Canaanite, Babylonian, Greek, religious systems that spread into all the world with the same story line. For example, the Greek Cronos or the Roman Saturn devoured their offspring - are you aware of those stories?

Satanist will attempt to trick you into thinking that Christianity came from that line of thinking - that's the goal - create doubt in your mind. That line of reasoning satanist use to discredit Christianity /God is not true.

Fallen angels came and brought forth these stories for the following reasons:

1-Decrease the knowledge about God

2-Discredit God's truthfulness in revealing there would come forth the lamb of God slain before the foundation of the world who would bring forth God's redemption to human beings...

3-Discredit this act before it happened by implementing their mocking of this act in such things as Isthar, Tammuz, Nebo, etc... so that God's hand would be forced to destroy all humanity thus showing God to God's own self that he was unable to keep his promise announced in Geneses chapter one and two. Note Genesis chapter Six...

4-Adam, Eve, Seth, Able, Cain all knew who God was. As time progressed this was forgotten and warped by theses falling beings in the degree so as to have God destroy humanity or humanity destroy itself as mentioned in point 3. Note the bible concerning the time of Nimrod and what God did...instead of destroying...

5-To bring forth false revelations and create new religions in exchange for secret knowledge in exchange for things like power, money, prestige, control, sex, etc and etc...

6-Accuse God of wrong doing, etc and etc so people attach themselves to the ways of darkness by works based - deal making - religions with themselves.

There is more but that should serve you enough points to research...

Do you have understanding of what Satanist are trying to do to you and your faith? Are you ready for that and are you strong enough to deal with their tricks and craftiness?

Do you know who you are in Jesus Christ and the authority and power in him over their darkness? Spiritual warfare?

If not, then I suggest kindly to back off a bit and learn of these first...

This is advise from years of experience dealing with these sort of folks.

Also be aware of things coming against you like periods of unexplained sadness, depression, confusion, enticement to be a big shot, as well as unusual things occurring around you and in your home: such as seeing movement when no one is there or dark shapes that bring fear into the room. More nightmares happening in your home...

Are you aware of these things?

Most importantly these folks desire is to destroy your faith in the Lord and will act so nice in order to do so. They will play you own standards and concept of fairness and love against each other too.

Again, be very careful...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

It is the exact opposite - it is Satan that is the "energy vampire". He feeds off of people's energy according to Bill Schnoebelen.

Now this guy has been into everything, he has been a Catholic, a Mormon, a witch, a Satanist, a Freemason, in the Illuminati and now finally he is a Christian.

In the video he speaks about the Illuminati, but he also delves into how Satan's followers channel energy for him that he feeds on.

Watch the first 30min of the video, or watch the whole thing if you are interested in the coming Alien/UFO deception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrxFkyX9Dg
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.