Ignorance of Christianity

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Ignorance of Christianity

Post by bbyrd009 »

Jac3510 wrote:You've made yourself clear enough alright. You've insulted my children. You're just . . . gross.
well, you can be insulted if you want, i mean, how do you insult, offend a Christian, anyway? Are Christians supposed to be unoffendable?

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

Do not take to heart all the things that people say, lest you hear your servant cursing you. Your heart knows that many times you yourself have cursed others.

so now, i invite you to go to your children--whom i have insulted--and tell them that i apologize, now. And then, come back and tell me what they told you, ok? Be honest here, be true.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Kurieuo wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:God does not, ever, judge. Not anyone, ever. God is love. I know about all those verses that might seem to suggest otherwise, i have them memorized, too. Apparently it is gods who go through this judgemental phase, i guess, i dunno, being as how i have never made any gods, myself. prolly hard.
You are obviously reading from a different Bible, perhaps texts from Greek mythology.
ah, good one, very zingy.

You got me, put me right in my place, alright.

So then, you are invited to bring any Witnesses here, that i may Cross-examine them, and you may do the same for mine; i invite you to do this. Here is my first one;

Who told you that you were naked?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:God does not, ever, judge. Not anyone, ever. God is love. I know about all those verses that might seem to suggest otherwise, i have them memorized, too. Apparently it is gods who go through this judgemental phase, i guess, i dunno, being as how i have never made any gods, myself. prolly hard.
You are obviously reading from a different Bible, perhaps texts from Greek mythology.
Kurieuo,

I think you're missing some sarcasm.

Can I get a witness?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

well, i am not being sarcastic, up there, that i can tell. i am, sometimes, but i would own up to it now if i was. but also, i don't really get sarcasm, either, a lot of times, it just kind of goes over my head.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:well, i am not being sarcastic, up there, that i can tell. i am, sometimes, but i would own up to it now if i was. but also, i don't really get sarcasm, either, a lot of times, it just kind of goes over my head.
You're good at sarcasm. Really good.

You can tell someone is a sarcastic genius, when they don't even get it themselves!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

y:O2

:fruitcake: Have some - appears there is aplenty!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:y:O2

:fruitcake: Have some - appears there is aplenty!
Tis' the season!

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:well, i am not being sarcastic, up there, that i can tell. i am, sometimes, but i would own up to it now if i was. but also, i don't really get sarcasm, either, a lot of times, it just kind of goes over my head.

You can tell someone is a sarcastic genius, when they don't even get it themselves!
well Rick, i was not being sarcastic there, and if you think i was, then out with it, no need to be coy, ok
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote:so, i hope i have made it clear enough now? that i am not apologizing? and that i am pretty sure that any pastor's daughters who have not earned this reputation are nodding their heads with me? and that any who have are offended, oh well? i mentioned no people, no names; so who is offended? see how that works? Who told you you were naked?

God does not, ever, judge. Not anyone, ever. God is love. I know about all those verses that might seem to suggest otherwise, i have them memorized, too. Apparently it is gods who go through this judgemental phase, i guess, i dunno, being as how i have never made any gods, myself. prolly hard.
The Father judges no one but has committed all judgment to the Son:

John 5:22
22. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

The man Yeshua also states that he himself judges no one:

John 8:15
15. You judge after the flesh: I judge no one.

There is only one who judges and that one is the Seeker and the Judge.
The man Yeshua does not seek his own glory and therefore does not speak of himself:

John 8:50
50. And I seek not mine own glory: one there is, the Seeker and Judge [Rev 2:23].
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:

well Rick, i was not being sarcastic there, and if you think i was, then out with it, no need to be coy, ok
You weren't being sarcastic? Well in that case, here's to you: :fruitcake:
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:

not the first time i have been accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day, RickD
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:

not the first time i have been accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day, RickD
You said that in the past, you considered yourself among other things, Charismatic, Prosperity, and OP(Oneness Pentecostal).

With that résumé, I have a very difficult time believing that anyone would ever think you were as crazy as a bag full of cats. :shock:

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

So then, you are invited to bring any Witnesses here, that i may Cross-examine them, and you may do the same for mine; i invite you to do this. Here is my first one;

"God does not, ever, judge........" I'm quoting You -- you might want to look at Revelation -- the last couple of chapters -- the Great White Throne judgement.

And during the 1,000 yr reign of Christ on this earth -- righteous judgement / ruling.

In the book of Genesis -- as soon as Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Immediately they saw they were naked and they hide from God's presence. Ever since then, mankind has been aware of physical nakedness.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

"God does not, ever, judge........" I'm quoting You -- you might want to look at Revelation -- the last couple of chapters -- the Great White Throne judgement.

And during the 1,000 yr reign of Christ on this earth -- righteous judgement / ruling.

In the book of Genesis -- as soon as Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Immediately they saw they were naked and they hide from God's presence. Ever since then, mankind has been aware of physical nakedness.
mankind, yes. bring your Rev verses, if you like.

@ that one,

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

A person with no clothing on is 'naked' / nude. Non-clothed. No one has to tell a person that they are naked -- even a blind person can Feel clothing or the lack there of.

Revelation 20:11- 15.

And Rev.20 :4- 7 -- the last phrase. And Zechariah 14:9 actually starts at vs 4. "The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and His name the only name.