Ignorance of Christianity

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Ignorance of Christianity

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Thank you for providing your link.

One of the positives of Christianity is the Inner peace a person has through Christ -- God's forgiveness -- there are those with Lots of money and a Good education but No inner peace -- an inner searching for it.

Actually -- life can get worse for Christians -- while here on earth. They want to share their new faith in Christ and get ridiculed / can loose friends/ families might give them trouble simply because they choose to give up social drinking, they don't want to 'party' any more. Because their accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior goes against the family religious traditions. They will be gaining New friends from church / Bible studies. God gives them inner peace that they know they made the right decision. And -- in the process of all of 'this' - people / friends Can see a positive difference in their lives and decide to listen to them and also accept Christ. And sometimes they are forever out of the family.

Being willing to do the Right thing, but for the Wrong reasons will still result in hell for Eternity. A person can put on a tie and dress slacks and go door to door handing out pamphlets --maybe even for a Baptist church Or a Mormon church -- but That 'good deed' will Not earn their way into heaven. Maybe there will be people who will visit a given church as a result --That is wonderful -- but 'visiting a church' or accepting religious material Will Not earn that person their entrance to heaven.

The person who does good things Because they love God and want to do those things out of love for Him. That's the idea.

I've known some very wealthy people who are wonderful Christians and have great educations. And I've known some very poor people with little education and who love the Lord. No one can take money or prestige with them to heaven.

Inner peace is a theme with several religions.

As for me, I am not a peaceful sort. So meditating, or whatever does not interest me.

People make a lot of rather silly claims about what becoming Christian did for them. I guess some
achieve sobriety or whatev by going thr church route. But the ones who think they are filled with el holy spirit, get access to arcane info that way, or other magic powers are fulla crap.

"Take up cross and follow" isnt promising a rose garden, which may account for why few do.

Anyway..I feel as if maybe I am leading you on, thinking I may
become Christianized. Your effort would be more productive elsewhere.

"Take up cross and follow" is what a lot of people Do. A very fulfilling life.

You've never really led me on.

God is always ready and willing to receive you -- He loves you.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

"will still result in hell for Eternity"

(yikes, how does one ever find the original post, here?)

yet when you go and look for this "hell," in "eternity," you might note how it majikally disappears, and instead we are offered a Greek god, translated by Angles, using Norse traditions of "afterlife." Hmm.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:"will still result in hell for Eternity"

yet when you go and look for this "hell," in "eternity," you might note how it majikally disappears, and instead we are offered a Greek god, translated by Angles, using Norse traditions of "afterlife." Hmm.
You're wanting the 1st post? Up in the right hand corner of the page you'll find numbers -- so 'this' is page 12 of this thread of conversation.

In the realm of 'eternity' -- it will take place After we've physically died in This life. Now -- unless You have already died and obviously since you're on the forum / this thread, you are Not dead. Which means that you have No Clue that 'it' has/ or will/ majically disappear. Sharing Bible knowledge with you -- the Book of Revelation says that no one is in heaven or hell at this time. The essence of 'us' when we Do physically die will either be immediate with Jesus Christ Or in Hades. Those who's soul is in Hades are simply waiting to be cast into the fire and brimstone of hell. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will be with Jesus Christ. And 'heaven' is referred to as the New Jerusalem -- which will come down from the heavens and replace the earth as we know it. Because This earth is going to be destroyed. This is all in the last couple of chapters in Revelation. Very interesting reading.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:"will still result in hell for Eternity"

You're wanting the 1st post? Up in the right hand corner of the page you'll find numbers -- so 'this' is page 12 of this thread of conversation.
ha, yes, ty; i meant the link to a specific quote.
crochet1949 wrote: In the realm of 'eternity' -- it will take place After we've physically died in This life.
there are other concepts of Eternity, wadr, that include HereNow.
crochet1949 wrote: Now -- unless You have already died and obviously since you're on the forum / this thread, you are Not dead. Which means that you have No Clue that 'it' has/ or will/ majically disappear. Sharing Bible knowledge with you -- the Book of Revelation says that no one is in heaven or hell at this time. The essence of 'us' when we Do physically die will either be immediate with Jesus Christ Or in Hades. Those who's soul is in Hades are simply waiting to be cast into the fire and brimstone of hell. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will be with Jesus Christ. And 'heaven' is referred to as the New Jerusalem -- which will come down from the heavens and replace the earth as we know it. Because This earth is going to be destroyed. This is all in the last couple of chapters in Revelation. Very interesting reading.
then please bring your Witnesses, your Scriptures, that tell you this, one at a time, and we will see, ty.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:

One of the positives of Christianity is the Inner peace a person has through Christ -- God's forgiveness -- there are those with Lots of money and a Good education but No inner peace -- an inner searching for it.

Actually -- life can get worse for Christians -- while here on earth. They want to share their new faith in Christ and get ridiculed / can loose friends/ families might give them trouble simply because they choose to give up social drinking, they don't want to 'party' any more. Because their accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior goes against the family religious traditions. They will be gaining New friends from church / Bible studies. God gives them inner peace that they know they made the right decision. And -- in the process of all of 'this' - people / friends Can see a positive difference in their lives and decide to listen to them and also accept Christ. And sometimes they are forever out of the family.

Being willing to do the Right thing, but for the Wrong reasons will still result in hell for Eternity. A person can put on a tie and dress slacks and go door to door handing out pamphlets --maybe even for a Baptist church Or a Mormon church -- but That 'good deed' will Not earn their way into heaven. Maybe there will be people who will visit a given church as a result --That is wonderful -- but 'visiting a church' or accepting religious material Will Not earn that person their entrance to heaven.

The person who does good things Because they love God and want to do those things out of love for Him. That's the idea.

I've known some very wealthy people who are wonderful Christians and have great educations. And I've known some very poor people with little education and who love the Lord. No one can take money or prestige with them to heaven.

As for me, I am not a peaceful sort. So meditating, or whatever does not interest me.

People make a lot of rather silly claims about what becoming Christian did for them. I guess some
achieve sobriety or whatev by going thr church route. But the ones who think they are filled with el holy spirit, get access to arcane info that way, or other magic powers are fulla crap.

"Take up cross and follow" isnt promising a rose garden, which may account for why few do.

Min you are one of the few reasons I come back. Good to see you haven't lost your tenacity!!
I'm not by nature your peaceful sort either lol. I do do yoga and Pilates but it hasn't suppressed my fiesty side :mrgreen:
What I do know is I'm just as lost most of the time as anyone.
I don't claim religious superiority
In fact I would admit that I find it nauseating and somewhat insulting. Just submit and believe then Jesus' awaits. I know I'm going to cop slack but it isn't so black and white.
Which is why I'm not religious.
Because the part of me that is analytical and very grounded doesn't lend me to fairy tales.
It has been for me an interesting journey from a few years ago when I didn't necessarily believe in evolution, I understood it scientifically but there was a spiritual confliction. Now I'm open to many ideas. To admit for myself that I don't know, but more importantly for me to discuss such with my 15 and 13 yr old, knowing that the last thing I wanted to do was fill their heads with propganda, or warp their thinking in any negative way what so ever.
I truly want them to be themselves and think for themselves. Which is why I have never baptised them, pushed any agenda on them but rather wanted them to be true and honest in their convictions. I have taught them since they were babes to not conform, question the status quo, never blindly believe anything. To be strong, intelligent and free thinkers.
To me the most important of all free thinkers. I always stressed that they forge thier own path, focusing mainly on never blindly accepting anything least of all from even myself. I knew as their mum the influence I held so I focused heavily on them never blindly accepting anything I said.
To break down the barriers of what we are taught.
Because there are always errors.
History has taught us that.
When my son said he didn't believe in God, I sucked up every desire to preach to him and said okay.
I trusted in the fact that we all have our path.
Sometimes that path is fighting against it with all our might, being belligerent, sarcastic or indifferent.
But in those moments when we look deeper, messed up with the fear and arrogance we all have our center of spirit.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Word
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:Word

"Word" ??
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

melanie wrote:
Audie wrote:

Min you are one of the few reasons I come back. Good to see you haven't lost your tenacity!!
I'm not by nature your peaceful sort either lol. I do do yoga and Pilates but it hasn't suppressed my fiesty side :mrgreen:
In fact I would admit that I find it nauseating and somewhat insulting. Just submit and believe then Jesus' awaits. I know I'm going to cop slack but it isn't so black and white.
Because the part of me that is analytical and very grounded doesn't lend me to fairy tales.
It has been for me an interesting journey from a few years ago when I didn't necessarily believe in evolution, I understood it scientifically but there was a spiritual confliction. Now I'm open to many ideas. To admit for myself that I don't know, but more importantly for me to discuss such with my 15 and 13 yr old, knowing that the last thing I wanted to do was fill their heads with propganda, or warp their thinking in any negative way what so ever.
I truly want them to be themselves and think for themselves. Which is why I have never baptised them, pushed any agenda on them but rather wanted them to be true and honest in their convictions. I have taught them since they were babes to not conform, question the status quo, never blindly believe anything. To be strong, intelligent and free thinkers.
To me the most important of all free thinkers. I always stressed that they forge thier own path, focusing mainly on never blindly accepting anything least of all from even myself. I knew as their mum the influence I held so I focused heavily on them never blindly accepting anything I said.
When my son said he didn't believe in God, I sucked up every desire to preach to him and said okay.
Sometimes that path is fighting against it with all our might, being belligerent, sarcastic or indifferent.
But in those moments when we look deeper, messed up with the fear and arrogance we all have our center of spirit.

Your comments are a bit scare ie. A person who forges their own path -- without any direction -- free thinkers -- and so when they end up as mass murderers -- selling drugs - getting people to buy drugs that will ruin their lives -- white slavery --rebelling against Society. I'm purposely going for the negatives -- because they could Also become teachers, doctors, scientist, etc. And, who knows -- they Might meet a Christian / a believer and be led to a personal relationship to God. That would be okay with you - as their mother - the negative part? They are Not to accept anything, from you, their mother? Can't quite comprehend that. My husband and I have raised 4 kids -- now adults -- with 6 grandkids. We both grew up with Biblical principles / morals / ethics and passed that on to them. They look to God's Word for their choices -- just as We try to.

As parents, aren't we to teach our kids from early on - to Respect our role as parents -- respect those in authority over them? Be productive citizens. To be helpful, loving people?

And your husband shares your concepts apparently?!

Ages 15 and 13 yrs of age. Very important ages -- hormones are active -- what about their dating? What to look for in a marriage partner? Their schooling? Their goals in life. Just because 'it feels good' -- is it in their best interest to Do IT.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:Word

"Word" ??
Pneuma, Breath, Dabhar etc, yes. Surprising how many--all, imo--of our colloquial (slang) usages for Scriptural concepts are right on the money, huh. By "Word" there i mean "amen," as i'm sure you gathered already. I consider what she said to be inspired, and i invite you not to, if it does not fit with your reason and/or common sense.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
melanie wrote:
Audie wrote:

Your comments are a bit scare ie. A person who forges their own path -- without any direction -- free thinkers -- and so when they end up as mass murderers -- selling drugs - getting people to buy drugs that will ruin their lives -- white slavery --rebelling against Society. I'm purposely going for the negatives -- because they could Also become teachers, doctors, scientist, etc. And, who knows -- they Might meet a Christian / a believer and be led to a personal relationship to God. That would be okay with you - as their mother - the negative part? They are Not to accept anything, from you, their mother? Can't quite comprehend that. My husband and I have raised 4 kids -- now adults -- with 6 grandkids. We both grew up with Biblical principles / morals / ethics and passed that on to them. They look to God's Word for their choices -- just as We try to.

As parents, aren't we to teach our kids from early on - to Respect our role as parents -- respect those in authority over them? Be productive citizens. To be helpful, loving people?

And your husband shares your concepts apparently?!

Ages 15 and 13 yrs of age. Very important ages -- hormones are active -- what about their dating? What to look for in a marriage partner? Their schooling? Their goals in life. Just because 'it feels good' -- is it in their best interest to Do IT.
yet i lost my virginity to a pastor's daughter, wadr. :)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Okay -- you're a guy and a pastor's daughter 'came on' to you? And - as a guy you had No control over the situation? Just let the gal 'have her way' with you?! Oh, my.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:Okay -- you're a guy and a pastor's daughter 'came on' to you? And - as a guy you had No control over the situation? Just let the gal 'have her way' with you?! Oh, my.
no, actually i lied, and that never happened. So now, we can all keep pretending that pastors' daughters don't have reputations that precede them. Lol.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Okay -- you're a guy and a pastor's daughter 'came on' to you? And - as a guy you had No control over the situation? Just let the gal 'have her way' with you?! Oh, my.
no, actually i lied, and that never happened. So now, we can all keep pretending that pastors' daughters don't have reputations that precede them. Lol.

Oh, so now you're a liar and slamming pastor's daughters. Some many years ago -- I'd been a pastor's Wife and I have two daughters.

Your bio says you're single -- can't image why?! :shakehead:
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

Oh, so now you're a liar and slamming pastor's daughters. Some many years ago -- I'd been a pastor's Wife and I have two daughters.

hear what you will hear, my brother.
i meant no offense to pastors' daughters, at all. It is not i, after all, who have denigrated anyone here, is it?
that would be you, and not me. I merely evoked a common understanding, and did not imply it was universal.
and then i came clean about it, told the truth, so that you could say...whatever you might say.
and, no offense taken; this is a forum after all. a crucible, if you will.
have a nice evening.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

hear what you will hear, my brother.
i meant no offense to pastors' daughters, at all. It is not i, after all, who have denigrated anyone here, is it?
that would be you, and not me. I merely evoked a common understanding, and did not imply it was universal.
and then i came clean about it, told the truth, so that you could say...whatever you might say.
and, no offense taken; this is a forum after all. a crucible, if you will.
have a nice evening.

First of all -- I'm NOT your 'brother' / in Christ Or otherwise.

You're the one who made the comment.

It is NOT a 'common understanding' --which amounts to being 'universal'.

I Intend to have a nice evening. One of my daughters is coming over.